• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Sylvia Ray

Sylvia Ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:00 PM

I don't have any photos yet, but the word is that the Spring 2005 solids will include a clown fish like the one in the movie Finding Nemo. There will also be an oyster. The fish is slated to be $175 and the oyster should be about $250.

Anyone else have any details?

#2 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:32 PM

The only other thing that we know is that the fish may go from orange to turquoise in color.

Rumor has it that the 2005 solids are coming out early because the JL solids have been a flop.

We have not seen a picture yet either. EL may be waiting on pictures until the color has been decided for sure.

Ann & Ken

#3 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 04:51 PM

Hmmm . . . the Oyster sounds interesting . . . . and expensive!

Are these the only two we know of?

How early is early for the release of the 2005 solids??

#4 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 09:10 PM

I'm so glad the "cat came out of the bag" I think I am going to be seeing them in person this Thursday at my Neiman Marcus in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The store is having a cocktail reception to show "perfume solids from past to present" as well as showing the spring solids.

I did hear a description of the new solids as well but will wait to report until after the event.

wink.gif

#5 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:24 PM

Great. They can match Mermaid, Marlin and Octopus.

#6 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 12:15 AM

They will also match the powder compacts in the Shore Things and Sea Stars collections which makes me really excited about these news. Can't wait to find out more smile.gif
Karin

#7 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 10:15 AM

These two sound great. Solids are getting kinda like cars the models come out earlier every year. laugh.gif

#8 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 08:45 PM

So tonight was the event at Neiman Marcus to preview the new 2005 spring solids as well as to showcase some of the archived solids.

It was a small event where we were treated to wine and various hors d'oeuvres, there was about 30 of the archived solids displayed that we were told were from Mrs. Estee Lauders office. We were told they were some of her favorite pieces. Some of them were boutique oval, empire, starshell, memento (love the giver) keepsake, sport necklace, fluted heart, winning heart, golden times, carousel and sparkling heart.

We were shown a film of the life of Mrs. Estee Lauder with all of her accomplishments. We were then shown various solids and even had a slide show where we were asked to "name the solid" both Phyllis and I won a prize. I got a fantastic powder compact in the original blue velvet box and am just thrilled to add it to my collection. Something we also were shown tonight was the Imperial Princess in the actual box with the inside presentation red cloth.

OK, now on to the 2005 prototypes (sorry no photos tonight) sad.gif but I will do my best to describe them to you all. The first one was a "Nemo" or clown fish, the fish was done in gold metal and was bright blue with clear crystals as stripes. He also had black crystal eyes. The fish rests on a piece of coral done in well, coral enamel. It is a two piece solid with the perfume in the body of the fish. The fish is a small guy but when resting on the coral the piece its self is bigger. I liked the fish.

The oyster was the other solid from the spring collection, it was a oyster shell done on the outside in a creamy white enamel with clear crystals as like stripes on the outer shell. I think the shell was silver metal but not sure. The solid itself opens to expose the perfume and the upper part of the shell is also enameled white mother of pearl like. Inside next to the perfume is a white pearl ( a black pearl would have been nice for some contrast) I like the idea of this solid but wish the solid had a separate area that opened for just the perfume so the actual shell could be displayed opened showing the pearl- the way it is now to have it open to see the pearl would expose the perfume solid to the air. This solid was in my opinion does not look like a $250 solid.

These were just prototypes so perhaps it may change.

All and all it was a nice evening and would like to thank Estee Lauder for taking the time to spend some time with the collectors and it was nice to see familiar faces.

#9 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:11 PM

Thank you Lisa for the great information! I am really excited about the fish and the oyster sounds intriquing. Were you told when these solids will be out? This is exciting news!

Joni

#10 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:20 PM

Joni,

The solids will hit the counters sometime in Feburary.

Here are some rough and I mean rough sketches that I did from memory. Please don't laugh as they are just so everyone has a general idea.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#11 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 10:19 PM

Thank you very much Lisa for your report. I along with other collectors and members do not live anywhere near a Nieman Marcus so this was very interesting news to read and hear about.

Your rough sketches are very good, impressive and are a big help. Since I have been collecting from 1988, I have a real good idea of what the fish and oyster prototypes looked like at this reception. We must keep in mind EL may change certain things on these two solids. (I agree with you that a black pearl would be better looking). They have done this with some past solids I have seen sketches of and making some minor adjustments. But we now know a general idea of the spring solids thanks to you and other people who have made posts. Thanks to all of you.

Congratulations to Lisa and Phyllis on winning the contest. Of course you guys would win as you are members of this chat area and are in the know! wink.gif This is fantastic!! Any chance on seeing a picture of your prize Lisa?

Gigi

#12 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 10:29 PM

Any chance on seeing a picture of your prize Lisa?

Sure, it is the Golden Weave powder compact
user posted image

#13 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 12:58 AM

Congratulations Lisa on your beautiful compact!
Your sketch of the new solids are great. Sounds like a lovely evening.
KK biggrin.gif

#14 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 08:00 AM

Lisa,

Thanks for sharing your evening with us. And your sketches are very nice. It helps to give us some sense of what's to come. Your prize is adorable too!

I hope these solids do not come out too soon, I'm still trying to obtain some of the fall ones!

Thanks, Jeanette smile.gif

#15 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 05:15 PM

Thanks Lisa for sharing your enjoyable evening.

It was great reading the great descriptions, drawings and info.

(You do good reviews!) wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users