#16 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 08:23 PM

Yes the back of the flag does look a little bear - I mean bare! biggrin.gif
Speaking of little bears - I wasn't sure if it had been posted already but this year's bear is called Thomas. Wonder if we will get a girl next year?

wink.gif

#17 Linda

Linda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 03:46 PM

Hello Everyone,

I LOVE the Harrod's solids...... not only this year's, but every solid I have ever gotten from them. Like Jacky, I love the Palace the best. Don't ask me why, but I love the postal box the best of this year's, and the telephone booth from last year. Oh, heck, I love all of them!!! laugh.gif

Linda from Hotlanta

#18 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 05:24 PM

Thanks Fee - I wondered what his name was this year . . . do you know who he is named after?

#19 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 02:38 PM

I believe Alison said he was called after the manager of the Toy Departments new baby. Isn't that sweet??????????

#20 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:15 PM

Yeah - sweet - thank God it wasn't after Thomas the Tank Engine!! laugh.gif

#21 chatbleu90

chatbleu90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:24 PM

Can you please explain to me how I can manage to buy the new Teddy bear 2004 ?
How and where ?
Thank you for your help.
Denise
wub.gif

#22 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:27 PM

Denise,

The teddy, postbox and English emblems are available through Harrods of London. The contact information is listed under the yellow tabs at the top of the page under "store locations"

If calling from the US you must first dial 011 44 then the Harrods #

Hope this helps wink.gif

#23 chatbleu90

chatbleu90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 02:55 PM

Thank you, I'll call from France, I do hope they'll understand me. I regret I can write email. It is going to be an experience.
Thank you for all you do, the photos, opinion and the general mood of this site.
I feel confortable with you.
Denise
wub.gif

#24 Lauder Lover

Lauder Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:04 PM

Hi Lisa or anyone that may know, Can you tell me what the charge should be for the Harrods 2004 Bear. I purchased just this one Solid from Harrods and with Shipping and after Vat removal I was charged $240.73 on my credit card. This seems a little High to me. Can you please let me know if this sounds in the Ballpark price range? If so they have really increased. The first Harrods Bear was only about $135. U.S. Dollars I think. Let me know if I am wrong. Thanks All, Lauder Lover ( and Broke) laugh.gif

#25 Lauder Lover

Lauder Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:42 PM

Hi Again Lisa and Everyone, Since my last Post I went to the Currency Convertor and found out I paid a little over $203 for the Bear and over $42. for Shipping and Insurance. Why would Harrods have to charge that much for shipping. I have seen quotes for shipping charges on Ebay from Sellers and they are not near this high. I don't think I will purchase any more Solids from Harrods at this shipping rate. Please give opinions. ohmy.gif dry.gif mad.gif

#26 chatbleu90

chatbleu90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:44 PM

Hello,
I can only say they told me the price was 130 so it makes $ 239. The dollar is very low at that time but it can't explain the shipping price costs so much.
I hope I could help.
Denise
unsure.gif

#27 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:41 PM

Yes, it does sound correct, my credit card charge for all three solids + shipping was $765.
$765/3 is $255.

It doesn't make sense that almost all of the exclusive solids here go overseas after 6 months but the Harrods solids don't make their way over here. It sure would save on all those shipping costs.

I do believe this topic was mentioned on the conference call. Guess we'll have to see what happens in the future.

#28 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:59 PM

I believe we're paying for the very nice Harrods box they arrive in as well as it coming by registered post (this is quite expensive).

On top of that they have a 2.5% charge for using the credit card, then your credit card provider takes out their commission for converting it into foreign currency (well ours does), and then you're left with avery nice but very expensive solid . . . . still, you could wait until it comes up on Ebay or until the exchange rates favour you . . . .

If it's any consolation, us Aussies can't buy more than one at a time because we get stung (like a bee!) for customs duty if the value of the purchase is more than AUD$400.00 (not hard!)

Harrods charge GPB30.00!! just to ship over here. That's 3 times more expensive than normal. However, it's cheaper than the plane fare!! sad.gif

#29 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 05:31 PM

I can't complain too much this year. Harrods gave me the worst service for 2 years. They took 2-3 months to ship the 1st time. Last year I spend big $ calling them. They had the worst email communications ever....took 2-4 weeks to respond. mad.gif

This year was a nice change. smile.gif Third times the charm. Emails answered next day. Solids came quickly. No problems other than contacting my cc company ahead of time about the purchase (which I forgot initially).

After spending over $700 for 3 solids, they should at least send me a GWP. dry.gif I rarely spend that much on anything. Shouldn't Harrod's cosmetics department reward me? Not such a big deal, but it sure would be nice.

Yeah, shipping is high. I wished it was less. I think of it this way: cheaper to pay Harrod's shipping than to buy it off ebay. Everybody wants profit. By the time sellers add an extra $100+ to start bids and/or competition gets rough, I'd rather buy these solids from the source. One of the few times I feel retail + shipping is a bargain. Plus, I didn't have to pay vat and customs duty.

#30 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 05:51 PM

Oh yeah - forgot to mention the phone bill . . . . . another cost.

It's no wonder the prices on Ebay are always more enticing, despite the huge profit making of some sellers. I'd rather buy the solids from the source too, but sometimes it's just not worth it!! sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users