40 replies to this topic

#1 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:03 PM

Please,
If anyone has this 2001 Rooster MIB for sale, or to trade for something we may have, please email us.
Thanks,

#2 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:20 AM

Our thanks to everyone who answered our request. We now have our rooster. biggrin.gif

#3 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 05:59 PM

Ya don't waste time, do ya Texan?

Gee, I wonder if that will work for me . . . . asking for something and then getting it the same day . . . laugh.gif Like this:

I would like to have the Carousel . . . . . (see how long this takes!) smile.gif

#4 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:06 PM

biggrin.gif Fat chance! You know how long I have been looking for that! You know what makes me really mad? I saw it when it was on sale, yet never bought it! How could I have been so dumb!

GOOD LUCK!

#5 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:32 PM

Probably because it seemed expensive at the time!!

Gee - if only we'd known that it would sky rocket!!

The thing is, I just want it to complete my circus theme. When it came out, the concept of buying off the internet wasn't really upon us and us poor Aussies only got 1 or 2 or maybe 3 at the most out here. So I haven't even SEEN it in 'real life'.

. . . . .did I pull any heart strings??? sad.gif

#6 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:59 PM

Yes! But I haven't got the Carousel. Seriously, does anyone know how many were released? Yes they were expensive at the time. Little did I know then that I would be paying more than that for the Palace! 500 were released of this solid but I have no idea how many for the Carousel ?????????

smile.gif

#7 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:08 PM

Actually, to stick the boot in some more, I think it was released two years running . . . ouch!! ohmy.gif

#8 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:30 PM

Ok Sandra,
Here's how it works:

A. Have Friends
B. Have Money
C. Be willing to part with money.

Got how it works now Aussie? ph34r.gif biggrin.gif

p.s. When it come to the Carousel amend part B to "Have TONS of money"

#9 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:31 AM

THERE YOU GO! Now Don and Margaret can start a new topic on the Y'S AND HOWS. ALSO THE HAVE NOTS! smile.gif

Seriously, would love to hear how many Carousels were released. So if anyone knows, please write!

unsure.gif

#10 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 01:49 PM

I have a Carousel - after reading your posts, I'm hoping it will fund my retirement! biggrin.gif
Ar

#11 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 01:55 PM

biggrin.gif

#12 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 05:11 PM

Does that mean we're not friends anymore! sad.gif

huh.gif . . . . I guess I lucked out of all three of A, B and C then . . . . . sad.gif

That's what happens in the case of D: "None of the above" (you don't get a Carousel?) unsure.gif

You made me cry now, Don - you big mean ol' Texan!! I'll NEVER get one!! Boo Hoo!! sad.gif

#13 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:09 PM

Sandra,
Now where did you get the idea we're not friends. ph34r.gif hmmm. Don't you know once you are a friend to Texans you are always their friend. biggrin.gif Couldn't drive us off with a stick! We have about as much chance of getting a carousel as you probably. sad.gif At any rate we love ya and will always kid ya, (If we didn't, you'd know we were mad at you). laugh.gif

We'll never give up hope of getting the carousel. Might just stumble across it and an ivory panda holding hands in a thrift shop somewhere here in the outback. ohmy.gif

#14 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:41 PM

Margaret and Don - Not to dampen your spirits but you are more likely to find a real live panda in the Texas outback than THE EL panda. laugh.gif I can't even find the golden rope with turquoise stone in the antique stores around here but it's fun to look.

#15 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 02:25 PM

I am almost afraid to ask what the Carousel is worth now. I sold mine about 3 years ago to another collector for $850 cause I didn't want the Circus Collection. I guess I wish I had not sold it, LOL. Better check what the Dragon is worth, maybe that will be my retirement, Lainey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users