• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#76 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 05:20 AM

Druitta worked furiously at brewing her potion. She normally didn't do this for everyone, but there was something about Joules that touched her old, wicked heart.

For some reason she really wanted to help this dark cloaked vampire with the handsome face, but it wasn't his looks that touched her, perhaps it was his sincerity and desperation.

So Druitta kept adding more ingredients to her potion, stirring and stirring away.

user posted image

She gave the potent potion to Joules, and lo and behold, Joules had his heart back!!

To Joules relief and delight, Brigham was now the Cocker Spaniel that his dear sister Maria once knew.

#77 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 08:12 AM

"Druitta, I would like you to grant me one more wish," Joules said.

Druitta's steely gray eyes narrowed, "and what might that be, my handsome devil?" she cackled. The old bat had a sense of humour after all, Joules thought.

"I want you to gather all the powers you can and turn me into a Jester so that I can join the Cirque du Soleil," Joules exclaimed! Druitta's eyes slowly canvassed Joules' frame. "Now that'll cost you dearly, luv." Oh, great, Joules thought, the old hag's going to haggle with me. "What do you have in mind, Druitta?"

"I want the pretty," Druitta rasped. Joules was puzzled, "The pretty? What do you mean, Druitta?"

Druitta moved closer to Joules, her breath almost knocking him over, "I want the Jester from Miss Maria's display of pretties. I've seen the display case in her bedroom."

Joules sighed and reluctantly dipped down into his pocket and withdrew the solid perfume, handing the Jester to Druitta. Druitta grabbed it out of Joules' hand and buried it amongst her rags. As she plucked from the air a bat wing and a couple of slugs and threw them in the bubbling cauldron, Druitta began to chant in a mysterious, unknown tongue.

POOF ... and Joules was the Jester, and a magnificent Jester at that. Joules looked down at his red satin slippers and a smile appeared on his handsome face, the first smile in a long, long time.

He bid Druitta farewell as he made his way home to Gravesend. It was a mighty strange sight indeed to see a Jester prancing over the moors, among the thistle and down, twirling his baton.

#78 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 01:50 PM

Joules the Jester returned to Gravesend to bid his goodbyes to his sister Maria and Hester.

Maria could not believe that was her own very brother!

user posted image

Hester believed it and fell in love with Joules so she started to bat her long eyelashes at him. Joules looked deep into her eyes and then took her hand. "Hester, if you really care for me, you must let me do perform one thing."

Hester replied "Tell me Joules, I will do anything for you."

"I must bite your neck so you are part of my blood" answered Joules. "Of course, Joules, because I love you, I have always loved you." Thus his long fangs came out and bit her soft neck, then Jester and Hester went off to the Circus together........

But now Maria was all alone with her dog at Gravesend.....

#79 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 02:58 PM

All of a sudden, a Magical Figure appeared in front of Maria and Brigham.

user posted image

Maria kept blinking because she could not believe her eyes.

This beautiful figure spoke "Maria, Maria, click your heels 3 times and you will be home with Brigham"............

#80 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:44 PM

And so ends the story "On a dark, dark night"
Which in some parts gave many a fright!
With solids disappearing out of sight
And with dark days coming sunny and bright

Alls well that ends well on a Halloween night
With the Witch Druitta making everything right
And cute little Brigham causing a ruckus with all of his might
And lovely Hester trying to be quite trite
Couldn't solve the mystery in the kitchen light
With the jumping bloodied package that turned her and Maria white!

Well the heart went to the cowardly lion in a funny way
And the horrors of Halloween were kept right at bay.
Joules was made happy though within his crypt he lay
Hoping for a miracle to make his day
He drove everyone mad when he entered the fray
Thinking that dogs and people would become his prey.

But a Jester he became -
For him life won't be the same.
Now he has a lovely dame
And Hester is her name.

Maria was united with Brigham, her trusty dog
And around Gravesend they can be seen going for a jog
In any weather, be it rain, hail or fog
They just don't go anywhere near the creepy bog!

As for the writers, well they finally hit the sack
But as usual, they'll all be back
Writing here and there and this and that
Next time join us if you have the knack
As obvious to some the talent we don't lack
Here on the site with Lisa and Jack.

Thanks everyone - have a great night!!

BOO!!

#81 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 05:12 PM

To all the writers,

You did a Fantastic Job with this story, thanks for making my Halloween a happy one! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

And to everyone on the Site:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

user posted image

#82 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 06:38 PM

Thanks girls for a wonderful Halloween Tale. Looking forward to your next adventure

unsure.gif

#83 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 06:44 PM

Well Done! Enjoyed it tremendously...I, too, look forward to the next "booklet." Great fun! biggrin.gif And HAPPY HALLOWEEN to all the writers...you're the best!

#84 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 06:56 PM

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL!

Many thanks to my writing buddies ... it was fun!

#85 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 10:48 AM

And everyone thought that this story was fiction. ph34r.gif Look east of London along the river for Gravesend.

Great story from all this time. smile.gif We will look forward to the next one. Happy Halloween to everyone.

Gravesend map

#86 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 05:02 PM

Wow, Don - thanks!! It must have come to life as it was written . . . . I thought it began as fiction . . . . . unsure.gif

#87 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 06:16 PM

Well you all came out with flying colours and the animations really jazzed it up! Fantastic work.

As for Gravesend, yes that is where the name came from for the House on the moors. Good detective work D&M.

Denise, where were you when we did Uncle Bob and the Showgirl??? We could have had some fantastic pix especially of the Bluebell Girls etc. OK, will have to think of another beginning.......................or.........how about someone else starting another story??????????????

Over to you all! and really enjoyed all that I missed.....Yes, and I had withdrawal symptons too!

#88 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 04:33 PM

Good to see you back, Jacky - hope you had a lovely rest!!

Glad you enjoyed where the story went!! wink.gif

Have missed you!

#89 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 07:33 PM

Hi Jacky,

Glad you enjoyed the story, I recently found out by trial and error that I could link pictures into the story.....

What are Bluebells by the way? blink.gif

Should we go back and redo Bob and the Showgirl? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Denise

#90 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:05 PM

Denise, the Bluebell Girls were a troupe of dancers in Paris and always did the Can Can. They were world famous and there have been lots of documentaries about them. Maybe someone can go into more detail.

To extend Uncle Bob and the Showgirl was an idea, (not to re-write), but uncertain which direction that would take. Meanwhile am sure you can all come up with something to get our teeth into. Lori, Don and Margaret, Michele, Ron......where are you all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users