• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:22 PM

Being a gentleman, Brigham let his girl taste it first. They both devoured it in seconds then went to sit under a tree to digest it.

#62 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:40 AM

So Brigham and his girlfriend Brigalina sat under the tree feeling very satisfied after their meal when they noticed that their hair started to become thicker and their canine teeth grew even longer. Now they thirsted for more blood.....

user posted image

Meanwhile, Joules desperately needed a heart and didn't know what to do as he had no idea where his much-needed heart was. The dark clouds was passing over the horizon when Joules lifted himself up from the coffin and slowly made passage over to the Cottage not noticing the Dog-Vampires... ph34r.gif

#63 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:06 PM

Back at Gravesend, Maria and Hester began preparing Sunday brunch. Since neither one had the stomach for beef, the menu would be eggs and bacon, sliced tomatoes, English muffins with Maria's homemade blackberry jam, a fresh fruit cobbler, and strong coffee.

"Hester, have you seen Brigham lately? He's usually underfoot when I'm cooking, so I'm a bit puzzled as to where he's run off to."

"I'll go give him a call." Hester opened the back door and whistled for Brigham. She knew sound carried for miles across the moors. When she had no response, she called his name out loud, "Briiiiiiiighaaaaaaammmmm."

There was a response this time, and the sound chilled her blood. It was the howl of a wolf, maybe two. Uh oh, poor Brigham, she thought. The wolves were bound to have gotten him. What was she going to tell Maria?

#64 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:41 PM

Hester didn't have to tell Maria anything. At the sound of Wolves, Maria knew. It had all happened before. Brigham was her third dog. This time though, Maria would not let Brigham die at the hands of Joules - she vowed she would make him reverse the curse!! She sliced at the tomatoes more furiously.

At the sound of the wolves, Joules also knew what had happened. . . . alarmed and knowing that Maria wouldn't forgive him a third time, he went to find Brigham. If he could just reach him in 24 hours, then he knew he had a chance at saving the dog and himself. Little did he know there were two dogs to deal with!!

#65 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:18 AM

Weakened, Joules knew he had to come up with a plan to reverse the cursed wolves and bring back Brigham as Maria knew him.

But Joules needed strength before he could take any action so he slowly walked across the moors to the slaughter house where he worked to drink some blood. The abattoir was empty except for dead animals. "Perfect!" Joules thought as he started feeding himself with the dark red blood. Now he felt stronger and as Joules walked in the Moors, his mind was working for a plan.

Lo and behold, he noticed a Witch sitting near a large rock, it appeared that this witch was brewing something, but Joules was too far away to see..... blink.gif

#66 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:24 AM

Joules wondered what this Witch was brewing?

It almost smelled like one of the fragrances that Hester had messed around with.....

user posted image

#67 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:47 PM

The witch spoke a mantra in a monotonous tone as she stirred:

"He who drinks this magic potion
Will have the strength of a lion but have no notion
As to his power nor realise the agility of motion
That he posseses along with a strange devotion

For protecting mere mortals who don't believe
That on the 31st October, Halloween Eve
Witches and Warlocks make magic weave
Some folks will leave and some folks will grieve
But with luck, others have reprieve"

What will become of Joules, Maria and Hester?
What ever happened to the poor stolen Jester?
Who beheaded the Clown and for what purpose?
And Will Brigham run away and join the Circus?

Find out all this plus more when you read on and find out what's in store
The story ends this Sunday and has been
An exciting climax to Halloween!!!

#68 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:31 PM

As Joules drew closer to the old hag, he recognized Druitta, the village sorceress. The odor coming from the big black cauldron she was stirring was horrendous. He almost turned around, but knew she could brew up a concoction that would ward off the wolves. The smell alone would probably kill them, he thought.

Druitta looked up from her steaming brew, her steely gray eyes piercing the morning mist, "Who goes there?" she cried, her raspy voice barely audible above the bubbling cauldron.

"It's Master Joules from Gravesend. Don't you recognize me?" She was more ghastly that he remembered, Joules thought. He counted at least 30 warts on her face.

"I know who you are. I recognize the devil's own when I see him." She laughed out loud, but it sounded more like a cackle.

"I need you to make up a special brew, Druitta, and this is what I want you to do for me ....

#69 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 09:45 AM

As Joules explained to the hagged witch, Druitta, what he wanted, there were Bats flying everywhere.

user posted image

"Druitta, I beg of you from the deepest part of my soul to create a brew that has the power of all mighty powers."

Joules went on to explain that his much needed heart was now captured in the bodies of 2 dogs, Brigham and Brigalina and he needed this heart back for his own life.

"Will you use your magic, dear witch and make this potion for me that will cast a spell on these bloody beasts?" begged Joules.....

#70 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:59 PM

The Witch cackled:
"Wait no longer my pretty thing
I already know what you were thinking
What I'm brewing is just the thing
To fix the curse and not make it worse.

Bring me the dogs and you three together
Will have to drink this potion in the worst weather
Then at midnight on the eve of Halloween
You'll return to the best you've ever been!"

Enlightened and overjoyed by this information and hope, Joules set off to find the dogs.

#71 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:10 PM

"You'll return to the best you've ever been." Druitta's last words haunted Joules, and he wondered what the old hag had in store for him. Deep down in his heart, he wanted to be the best he could be and to fulfill his lifelong dream. He was sick and tired of his blood lust. All he wanted was to be like everyone else.

His dream was quite simple. He wanted to join the circus, but not just any kind of circus. The most famous circus in the whole world ... the Cirque du Soleil.

Joules was picturing himself as the ... when suddenly he was jolted out of his daydream by a low growl as two wolves appeared over the rise.

#72 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 05:24 PM

Joules set out to round up the dogs/wolves. He was a little scared of them, but knew underneath that Brigham was a lamb. His strategy was to capture the female so that the male would follow. Hopefully Brigham wouldn't attempt to kill him in the process. He decided to make a trap for Brigham that would keep him at bay for a little while.

Meanwhile Hester and Maria were eating a quiet Sunday lunch trying to forget and ignore all the strange goings on. The conversation went back to the solid perfume collection and soon they went up to Hester's room to look at them again.

Imagine their surprise when Maria found that more of the circus pieces were missing!!! Firstly the clown's head had been broken, then the Jester had disappeared, now the Lion in the Cage had also gone!!

Hester's mouth was agape! She knew she would get the blame (again!) "Blast this" she thought - how do people come and go from my room without me knowing?

#73 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 07:05 AM

Hester thought there had to be a Ghost in Gravesend who was playing tricks with those Compacts........

user posted image

She thought she heard a sinister laugh coming from the Jester, was he responsible for this?

As Joules was thinking of how to trap Brigham, to his surprise, he found the Lion in the Cage, but the Lion had died!

Quickly Joules took the Cage and thought that if Brigham smelled the meat of a dead lion he would crawl inside the Cage, if that worked, Joules could take Brigham to the Witch..........

#74 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:51 PM

The Moon was full and glowing when Brigham, the wolf/dog, howled loudly. His acute canine senses overtook him when he quickly smelled Blood.

user posted image

So into the Cage he went and devoured the dead lion's meat to Joules delight!

"Druitta, here is the Beast with my Heart, now will you cast the spell so I can have my heart back and be the Vampire I once was?" Joules asked.

Joules also begged the old Witch to please transform Brigham to the dog he used to be for his sister Maria's sake.

Meanwhile, Maria was heartbroken as she was still looking for her beloved dog Brigham who was not to be found anywhere.....

#75 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 07:43 PM

All of a sudden Gravesend became darker than ever. The lightening was striking with a tremendous force!

user posted image

And in the background Maria and Hester swore they heard the Jester laughing, but it was not a normal laugh, but cynical.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users