• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#16 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 06:22 PM

Yes Hester, still working at the abbatoir!

Edited by Jacqueline, 07 May 2005 - 03:35 PM.

#17 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 12:34 PM

The unmistakable click, click, click of little nails hitting the hardwood floor diverted my attention from Joules as Brigham waddled into the kitchen, his tail wagging. "Hello, precious," I cooed, as I lifted Maria's beloved cocker spaniel into my arms. "Let's go walk some of that fat off," I said as I lowered him to the floor.

"I'll just be off then, Sweets. Tell Maria I'll come around again if she needs me." And Joules was out the door. There was something unsettling about him, but I could never quite figure out why a good looking, sexy guy like Joules gave me the heebie jeebies.

"Come on then, Brigham," I said as I opened the kitchen door to a glorious, sun filled morning ...

#18 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 02:26 PM

Gravesend Cottage

user posted image

#19 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 04:46 AM

Brigham ran ahead of me, eager to chase anything that moved within his sight.

Edited by Jacqueline, 07 May 2005 - 03:37 PM.

#20 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 06:30 AM

[b]Brigham ran around with excitement

Edited by Jacqueline, 07 May 2005 - 03:39 PM.

#21 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 05:03 PM

Maria came rushing into my room and her eyes followed my extended arm, pointing at the cabinet. Maria walked over to it, still unsure of what I was referring to.

Then she saw it. She dropped to her knees, her face in her hands "How could you, how could you?" she wept. I was flabbergasted. She's blaming me! "no, no Maria - I just came in now and found it like that - you know I love your collection and know how much you value it - I would NEVER even touch them, let alone do something like that!" I was shocked about the whole thing myself. Who would do such a thing?

Maria gathered herself, stood up, dragged my bag out from under the bed and threw what clothes of mine she could gather into it "OUT, OUT, OUT!!" she screamed - "GET OUT!!"

Then she stormed out of the room. Brigham ran to hide behind the curtains.

#22 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 03:24 PM

Maria was sitting at the kitchen table, her head cradled in her hands as I entered.

Edited by Jacqueline, 07 May 2005 - 03:40 PM.

#23 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 03:42 PM

Gingerly Maria opened the door of the glass cabinet.

Edited by Jacqueline, 08 May 2005 - 07:51 AM.

#24 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 05:16 PM

The beady eyes followed the two ladies out of the room, then a shadowy figure emerged from the corner of the room close to one of the cupboards. Dressed from top to bottom in black, the gloved hands once again reached into the cabinet holding the solids . . . . !!

#25 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 06:15 PM

Joules quickly withdrew his gloved hand from the cabinet after almost toppling over another solid with his clumsy glove. He was furious with himself for mending the broken Clown with red nail polish when he meant to use clear. His color blindness was the bane of his life, he hissed under his breath.

Joules took off the glove and carefully slid his hand back into the cabinet, his long nails scratching the glass shelf as he picked up the Jester. He trembled with excitement as he withdrew this treasure from the cabinet.

As he quietly opened the bedroom window, Joules pulled his black cape close to him ...

#26 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:23 AM

Hester listened to Maria as..

Edited by Jacqueline, 08 May 2005 - 07:53 AM.

#27 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 05:20 PM

As Maria went to get the photograph albums, Hester went back to her room to tidy up the little mess that Hester had made when in a fit of rage. She didn't notice that the door to the cabinet was slightly ajar and that the Jester was missing . . . well - why would she?

Maria was taking a while finding the albums, so Hester went back downstairs to the kitchen. She heard a car pulling up outside and went to see who it was.

#28 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:52 PM

Before Hester reached the front door, their visitor was loudly banging the knocker. As Hester opened the heavy, wooden door, she was confronted by a young man carrying a package. "Sign here, Miss, and I'll just be off, then. Don't much like having to make deliveries out on these moors."

Hester signed for the package, tipped the young man, and entered the house. She was just about to lay the package on the hall table, when she noticed the red lettering on the package, "Refrigerate Immediately." There was no return address, but the package was postmarked Transylvania.

#29 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 08:33 PM

''Transylvania! [b][color=red]Refrigerate Immediately!

Edited by Jacqueline, 08 May 2005 - 07:55 AM.

#30 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 04:54 PM

Brigham scratched at the still parcel and broke the first layer of packaging. Hester stood stock still, her eyes darting from one direction to the other - firstly at the large parcel and Brigham and then at Maria on the floor. She wasn't sure what to deal with first.

Colour began to come back to her face as she slowly came out of her mild shock and back to her sharp senses. She thought that since the parcel had stopped moving she would help Maria. She found some smelling salts and waved them in front of Maria's nose. Maria suddenly recoiled at the smell "What's going on? What am I doing on the floor?" She felt the back of her head in pain.

"Oh you fainted. A package arrived for Joules and started moving around then you fainted. It's stopped now". As the two ladies looked over to the direction of the parcel, they saw an open package and the back end of Brigham leaving the house carrying something in his mouth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users