• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 05:57 AM

All well and good, Phyllis...but what do you do in your SPARE time? laugh.gif tongue.gif Wow! You really took on a lot...don't you ever just look around and truly wish you had a landlord? Somedays I do! And when I can't find a repairman (and who can when you need him?) I have been known to do temporary repairs such as climbing out on the roof (3 stories) and tie the spouting on with rope. Dumb, but it has to be done until REAL repairs can happen! The wind is not selective...

Speaking of wind...has anyone at all heard from Jack and Lisa...and what about Ron? Haven't heard a peep from him...am a little worried...can you contact them, Phyllis?

Have a good day...get moving on those properties! ohmy.gif

#17 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:46 AM

We came through the storm here just fine, thanks to everyone who wished us well. This storm wasn't as bad as the first- for us.

We did just get our power back yesterday so today I am cleaning, doing wash and getting back to normal.

Thanks again everyone. wink.gif

#18 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:48 AM

Thank heaven you're ok...at least now the worst is over...you can clean up and get back to normal, if you can remember that far back! ohmy.gif

Glad you're both ok, nothing was damaged and most importantly...no one was hurt... smile.gif

#19 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:55 AM

Hello all
Thanks to all of you for your concern.
Made it through this one.
4 hurricanes hit Fl this year. The last time 4 hurricanes hit one state in one year was 1886.
The eye of 3 (Charley, Frances, & Jeannie) went right over here. What damage Charley did not do Jeannie finished. Alot of people have roof and ceiling damage in their houses.
Hard to explain how it feels unless you have been in one yourself.
Took the plywood off the windows. Finally got electricity yesterday afternoon. Schools are cancelled until Monday. Since Im a teacher this means I will be working until who knows when. blink.gif

#20 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:01 PM

Gees Ron, how lucky (or unlucky) are you??

Glad you're still alive to tell the tale - must've been absolutely freaky!! You're right - I can't imagine what you've been through with 4 hurricanes. Hopefully it won't happen again in your lifetime!!

Also hoping it's all over and the clean-up can begin.

#21 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:44 AM

Hi Ron - So glad to hear you're safe and sound! Had us worried there for a good long while.

Have had my credibility called into question on this, so decided to post a few photo's of the damage that the tail-end of a Hurricane (Ivan) can do. Yes...even as far away as Pennsylvania! laugh.gif

The first is what I saw on waking up September 18 (I think...seems like a hundred years ago, doesn't it?)...but without the nice Mr. Policeman and the equally nice Mr. Fireman. They hadn't arrived yet...

user posted image

The next photo shows how one can slash one's hand without trying too hard...just by being hard-headed and plain stupid:

user posted image

Lesson: Let the people who know what they're doing do the job! Sometimes "helping out" can be a bad thing. sad.gif

Now we're drying out from the last Hurricane...was it Jeanne?...waiting for Hurricane Lisa (YES, HURRICANE LISA...VERY SCARY!) to go off the coast...please let it go off the coast....

Sandra - Would do anything to send you some of this rain...there's just nowhere to go with it anymore. Australia works for me! tongue.gif

#22 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:25 AM

Michele, thanks so much for posting your pix! They are incredible! Thank goodness you didn't do yourself anymore damage.

Was good to hear that all our friends here and relatives in Florida came through unscathed.

Now what's all this about Lisa? Are you serious? I thought this one was not now a possibility!!!

sad.gif

#23 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:41 AM

Hi Jacky -

I turned the TV off when I heard about it...really can't take too much more...and I'm not even near Florida! Hopefully, it will behave like our site owner and be calm, cool and collected....have to wait and see....needless to say, Peter will be parking elsewhere for a while! laugh.gif Just hope the car is finished by today...we miss it... sad.gif

Again, cannot imagine being in Florida (or anywhere else that was hit hard) during one of these things. Am so relieved everyone we know or are acquainted with got through it with minor (but still upsetting) damage and/or inconvenience. No serious injuries, thank goodness. smile.gif

Have a great day...

#24 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:49 PM

[THANKS FOR THE PIX MICHELE,IT SURE BRINGS IT ALL TO LIFE, JUST GLAD YOU WERE OK IN THE END

REGARDS ......MARGARET......SIZE=7][/SIZE]

#25 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(Michele @ Oct 1 2004, 01:57 PM)

Sandra - Would do anything to send you some of this rain...there's just nowhere to go with it anymore.  Australia works for me!  tongue.gif

Hey, you know what - we finally got rain!! Buckets of it. It was so nice to see - everyone is happier now . . . . all the lawns might lost that dry brown look now and the water reserves are starting to fill up again . . . .

So thanks to everyone who might've prayed to send the rain here instead . . . . though I don't know who that might've been . . . . maybe it's just Michele and a few of the Aussies who were crying out for it.

Anyway, if you did think good wishes of rain for us, then I'd like to know who you are just so I can complete my survey on 'the power of prayer' and 'collective vibes from around the world'.

Thanks

#26 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 01:33 PM

Hi Sandra -

So happy you finally have some rain. smile.gif After a long drought, it makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it?

As far as prayers go, you really don't want to know what I said to God, but maybe he heard and got the message. One could say it was a prayer...of sorts! laugh.gif

Wishing you enough buckets of rain to fill your reservoirs, but not so much that you're all using sump pumps...enjoy! cool.gif

#27 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 01:40 PM

Hi Sandra, Also sent you wishes for rain. My wish was for you to get all the rain from here so that we can have wonderful sunny rainfree days!

tongue.gif

#28 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 08:39 PM

Thanks, guys !! We got 1.5 days of rain here in Sydney . . . . it was a welcome relief . . . . however, we are still hoping for more inbetween our beautiful sunny skies as the dams are now under 50% capacity . . . . and shrinking . . . sad.gif

#29 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:07 AM

As long as you don't shrink into oblivion at the same time Sandra tongue.gif
Meanwhile I will keep 'praying' you take our rain, and at the same time will send you some hail, sleet and snow, plus some cold and wintry weather!

You see what I will do for you Sandra! Can't do more than that, can I !!!!

ohmy.gif

#30 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 05:15 PM

Hey now - just asking for a bit of precipitation - not the solid stuff. Don't need the hail storm or the 'sleet and snow' (what's that again?). laugh.gif

But yeah, ta - you're thoughts are appreciated! wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users