34 replies to this topic

#31 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:22 AM

Hi again -

Want to thank you again for your good wishes...my hand is almost 100% better...the car will be finished hopefully by the end of next week...the tree was removed courtesy of some wonderful neighbors...amazing how people come together in an emergency. smile.gif

Barb - Hopefully your brother-in-law has some friends who can take him in until he gets on his feet? These are the situations that make one realize how lucky we are, yet are helpless to make things better for others.

Donna - With Hurricane Jeanne coming...batten down the hatches once again. If there are any supplies that your Home Depot has run out of and you might need, let me know. I will gladly purchase and send them down to you. Batteries, flashlights, whatever. Our H.D. is well stocked...just email me. Can pick them up today and get them out in the mail by 3 p.m. If you're reading this...let us know...that goes for anyone up the coast who needs supplies (except for plywood sheets...very hard to mail...) sad.gif

Take care...

#32 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:40 AM

I ditto Michele's message. We don't have a Home Depot here, but do have a Lowe's Home Warehouse (HD's competitor ph34r.gif ) so if anyone needs any supplies or food, please let me know. UPS has a hub here, and while I couldn't ship today, can ship on Monday.

Michele, I'm glad your hand is better.

#33 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:02 AM

Hi Martha - Never thought of food. We could send canned goods, dry items like cereal, powdered milk (yuk but better than nothing), possibly spring water...lots of things! Hope one of them has time to read these posts! huh.gif

And Martha...judging from the weather report I saw last night, you and I will also be getting Jeanne, although it will hopefully be milder by Tuesday or whenever it gets up this way. So...you get ready, too. This is getting insane...if it's any consolation, the Hurricane season ends November 30th, but do the Hurricanes know that? blink.gif

ooops...forgot...Peanut Butter & Jelly travel well! It's ok with crackers... smile.gif

#34 Solidcrazy

Solidcrazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:36 AM

HI Everyone,

We have power again! YEAH! Thanks Michele and Martha for the offers to send supplies. Solid Perfume collectors are indeed special people! My inlaws are in Asheville and have been dealing with the floods and power outages also Martha. I hope Jeanne doesn't get you again either. I can't believe a 4th storm on the way. Looks like we might be spared this time maybe, but the peninsula of Fl is again in for a bad time. The power workers must be exhausted by now and will have to go back and redo what they just fixed. So much tragedy from these storms, I can't wait till the season is over. The repair crews here are from all over the country, working around the clock to open roads and get power on. There are still homes not far from mine with no power. Hopefully this will all settle down soon. Prayers go out for everyone in Jeannes path be safe, and evacuate if necessary, don't take chances! Donna

#35 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 05:50 PM

Not sure if it hit the news in the US, but Ivan wiped out much of Cuba, and as the people there had it hard getting supplies normally, now they are starving and counting on food drops from the sky!

I wish they could get the help they need too!! Fingers crossed and prayers for the people in the Carribean caught up in all the hurricanes too! Not many of them have access to communications and wouldn't even know they were about to be hit. However, I know there are other ways of knowing these things . . . .

On the other hand, the people of Australia need RAIN!! We would LOVE to have some of the rain you're having!!

We are almost in drought in every state and every time there is an announcement of a storm, it never happens (or if it does, it doesn't last long). Soon it will be summer and we will be battling the dreaded bush fires.

However, deal with what's going on in your backyard first, and then think of us please! unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users