#1 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 12:20 AM

Hi there:

Just wanted to ask a question out there to anyone who is interested in answering. I am new to SELLING I have several compacts on line for sale at this time. Is it normal and acceptable for someone to use your pictures from your item you are selling to sell their item which happens (possibly) to be similar or the same?? It's obvious it is my pics because my it is my grandmother's cotton tablecloth the compact is sitting on!! Check it out for yourself - someone please let me know if that is acceptable?? redkitty1 has an estee lauder gold-lemon drop compact on line for sale; it just started recently. Mine was on line and did not sell so I relisted it last night. Mine is highlghted ESTEE LAUDER LEMON DROP COMPACT - GEORGOUS!
I WILL WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO REPLY!!!THANKS FOR YOUR TIME. (my item is listed under luscious52)

Regards, Pamela

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 01:47 PM

Pamela,

No, it is not acceptable to use someones else's photo without permission. A photograph that you take of an item that belongs to you is a copyrighted photo owned by you.
I had this happen to me a little while back and wrote the seller to remove the photo immediately and the seller refused to remove it so I had to report the seller to ebay.

Here is the link to ebay to report the seller:
http://pages.ebay.co.../select-RS.html
Click on: questionable content on ebay, then
potentially infringing issues and then
use of images or links without permission

Ebay will send you a form to fill out stating that you own the image and then you fax back to them, the sellers auction will then be removed.

What you don't want is someone seeing the sellers photo and then your auction with the same photo and thinking something is "fishy" and losing bids on yours.

[ November 21, 2002, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 09:54 PM

Hey!! I just discovered that a seller from NY stole two of my photos too!!! [Mad]

[ November 21, 2002, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#4 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 01:20 AM

Lisa:
Thank you so much for your respone to this issue. I took your advise and will wait to hear from ebay. I also emailed redkitty1 and requested they remove my pics from the site immediately or I would report this to ebay. I emailed redkitty1 last night but received no response - hopefully this person will get back to me and remove my pics - - if not I will pursue further; thanks for your help. What about you? Did you do the same about those two photos of yours being used? Good luck.

Regards, Pamela

p.s. redkitty1 - if you are out there, please
do the right thing.

#5 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 12:41 AM

Hello Everyone,

I understand this scenario perfectly!! I just sold one of my favorite pieces on E-Bay. A few days after my auction closed, I recognized my picture on someone elses'listing. By the time I pondered the solution the auction was over. The seller had no bids. I did not pursue it, but I really should have and I may still. Anyway, I am very sympathetic to the issue.

Mimi

#6 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 05:02 PM

Pamela & Mimi,

I also emailed the seller to have the photos removed but have had no response like you. I don't think there will be one (a response)
I did file with ebay and it should be taken care of I hope!

#7 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 10:17 PM

Hi there:

I guess it worked!!! redkitty1 just ended the listing that had my pics on it and they relisted using some other pics.....I hope they are not yours Lisa...hahaha! Anyway, I did email redkitty1 and thank him/her for taking care of it without incident......thanks for your help everyone!!!

Pamela

#8 marie5

marie5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 08:49 AM

I used to use other people's pictures thinking that it was okay since I was selling the same thing. But I started reading your site and discovered it was against Ebay's rules. I now have a digital camera and take my own pictures. This site saved me from getting into trouble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users