41 replies to this topic

#31 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 06:46 PM

Ann & Ken,

That's too bad about the building, I hear what you are saying about spending a lot of money these solids. I actually ordered that one but cancelled when I heard the price. I did go with the Teddy, glad to hear he is cute.
I am buying only the ones I really like instead of getting them all.
I was disappointed with the Neiman solids, all I got was the apple, the only other one I would consider is the giraffe. I do like the octopus but not for $175. [Roll Eyes] Is that a steak the Matador is waiving behind him? [Confused]

#32 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 10:33 PM

Ann & Ken
Thanks for that info. I have ordered the 3 Harrods solids & as I will be in London at Christmas will collect them myself so will be able to carefully examine the building before I take it. I am also getting the Circus Lion & Igloo from them as being outside the E.U. I am able to claim back the 15% VAT when I leave Europe. This makes them much cheaper for me than buying them here (Australia) or in the U.S.

#33 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 11:31 PM

I ordered the Bear and Van early this morning. [Cool] I was originally going to buy one, but decided to get both. Harrod's solids are the hardest to find later on so I had to buy! I'm spending more than I should on collectibles. [Frown] Anyways, I hope they arrive....I woke up much earlier than normal and sounded like a fool on the phone....I had to correct myself at least 3 times. I'm worried that they won't arrive or Harrods sold out and didn't tell me.

#34 Annette

Annette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 October 2002 - 12:10 AM

Hi everyone,....
Speaking of Harrods Solids,.. does anyone know what the Spring Collection will be for Harrods?, or when they will have any pictures, or start accepting pre-orders?

Thanks.

#35 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 08:32 AM

Hi Everyone,

Re the last message, I have always known Estee Lauder and Harrods to bring out a collection once a year. That definitely, definitely, applies to the Harrods commissioned pieces! These days, I am always crossing my fingers and toes when giving out information, but.....

If anyone is interested in last year's teddy, please contact me.

Jacqueline [Wink]

#36 Gail C.

Gail C.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 07:50 PM

HELLO,
RE: HARRODS"EXCLUSIVE CHRISTMAS 2002 SOLID PERFUME COMPACT COLLECTION" BROCHURE THAT HARRODS IS NOW SHOWING.
IT SHOWS :CIRCUS TENT,CIRCUS CLOWN,CIRCUS LION,PIROUETTE,AMERICA'S APPLE,ARTICHOKE,SPHINX,CAMEO,IGLOO,PENQUIN,TRAIN, VICTORIAN DOLL HOUSE,SANDCASTLE, AND THE BEAR,VAN,PALACE.
THE POINT BEING SOME OF THE "OLDER" SOLIDS ARE BEING SOLD RIGHT NOW AT HARRODS.
WHAT HAPPENED TO "BUY THEM WHILE YOU CAN THEY WILL BE GONE SOON" THAT WE ALWAYS HEAR?
GAIL C.

#37 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 09:45 PM

Hi Gail,

When we got that brochure we asked how could Harrods sell Neiman Marcus exclusives?

We were told that if they are sent over seas they are no longer NM exclusives and Harrods can sell them. So what makes an exclusive? [Confused]
Same way with Sak's.
If we buy a solid from NM and you buy the same one from Harrods who has the NM exclusive? [Confused]

So if El can't sell them retail or outlet or warehouse it's send them to London. [Wink]

Ann(Ken gave up)

#38 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 10:13 PM

Ken you are wise!!

#39 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 11:31 AM

Got my Harrods teddy today and I was very pleased with him. He did have his nose and I found shipping to be reasonable. He did bounce around a bit in his box, maybe Harrods could put extra tissue to hold the solid in place during transit.

I was very happy with the card enclosed stating that only 400 were being produced and would like to get the same information for the solids here (# being produced).
I also like the Harrods stamp with the date on the foot of the teddy.

Something I didn't like was the brochure stating that this years Harrods exclusives were last years and this years Neiman Marcus exclusives. Whose exclusives are they?? Exclusive to me means they only come from one store and cannot be found elsewhere.

Again, this is why I choose not to get most of the Neiman Marcus solids because they can be found at Neimans, Bergdorf Goodmans and Harrods. They will also most likely show up at the CCS at 20% off just like last years- the clown, pirouette, circus tent, artichoke, sphinx etc.

[ October 28, 2002, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#40 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 03:57 AM

I got the Harrods Christmas bear solid last year and it was such a smooth transaction. The lady that I dealt with is no longer at Harrods but I didn't have any problems with shipping, damage or extra charges. I would love to get the Christmas bear for this year but it sounds like it's more trouble this year.
I saw the Harrods van for sale on Ebay---it looks very nice.
Neiman Marcus solids at Harrods? I remember this from last year and I thought it was odd, but last year I didn't have this site to find out about this.
Thank goodness for Lisa and her husband.
Last, ditto Lisa If I get any solids from Neiman this year they will be from the CCS.

Colette

#41 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 05:09 PM

My Harrods bear arrived safely - nose an' all and is adorable. I also decided to get the Palace which I think is really nice and looks great displayed with my other solids, though I definately agree with the comments about the quality of it. The fit of the lid leaves a little to be desired and there is one crystal missing from the roof (which I am hoping to find a local replacement for [Roll Eyes] ). For the price I would have expected a little more time and effort put into it - but despite these 'minor details'I'm very pleased with it. After reading the comments on how some solids had moved around in the box in transit I requested that my Harrods contact pack them with tissue paper within the box to prevent this which she did so at least I feel that I received them in the same condition that they left the store. I would like to say THANKS to everyone for their comments on this subject which I read with interest and enabled me to make my decisions and requests with a little more insight and advice. [Wink] [Cool] [Big Grin]

#42 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 10:49 PM

I thought it was interesting to see that Harrods placed a full page coloured advertisement for the 'Harrods exclusive Christmas 2002 Estee Lauder solid perfume collection' accomapanied by a reservation form in the Nov. 5th edition of HELLO magazine which is international & has a huge distribution world wide. It covered & had photos of The Artic Collection - Igloo & Penguin, The Circus Collection - Circus Tent, Pirouette, Lion & Circus clown, The Toy collection - Train & Vic. Doll House & their own 3 exclusive Harrods collection. One wonders just how many of each solid they do have or if they are just getting a customer mailing list to-gether. Did any-one else see this I wonder?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users