41 replies to this topic

#16 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 07:13 PM

Hi,

Have been reading your comments re Harrods Teddy bears etc. with interest.

They told me they would only be stocking 5OO of their individual exclusives this time around! By the sounds of things, it doesn't add up!

If I feel well enough tomorrow, in the middle of a lousy cold, will take a walk through Hyde Park and visit them to find out more information.

Best wishes to you all!

Jacqueline

[ October 23, 2002, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#17 Annette

Annette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 10:14 PM

Gail my pleasure!
If we do not all help each other,...we would all purchasing from E-bay....UGH!!!

#18 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 10:52 AM

Hi to you all once more,

I have just purchased the last Harrods Van so don't waste your money on long distance calls.

Still undecided on the Harrods Palace which is very, very beautiful but pricey!!!!!

Am very close to actually selling my Harrods Shopping Bag! Have been made an offer that I am in the process of considering.

Would like to sell the Statue of Liberty purchased last year.

Stay well all of you.

From 'me' in London.

Jacqueline [Smile]

#19 Gail C.

Gail C.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 02:35 PM

JACQULINE,
I HOPE THAT YOU ARE INCORRECT ON THE SELL OUT OF THE VAN. WHAT WAS THE SOURCE OF YOUR INFORMATION?
I ORDERED THE THREE SOLIDS AND WOULD HOPE THEY HONOR THE COMMITMENT. IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT 500 SOLD OUT IN THIS WEEK.
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER INFORMATION OR OPINIONS ON THIS?
I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.
SAD FACE,
GAIL C.

#20 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 06:28 PM

Gail,

I am sure that if you have placed an order for the van that your order is being honoured. As of this afternoon there was only one left, which I purchased. All orders b4 this time will, to my way of thinking, be met.

I have to go to Harrods tomorrow to collect, so if anyone needs anything checked out, email me as soon as possible. All your long distance phone calls could be avoided if I am in the area!

Need to look at other messages here before going to sleep.

Goodnight,

Jacqueline

#21 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 06:33 PM

Gail,

Don't be sad faced! Am sure there is no problem. Can check out your order tomorrow if you give me more details. Are you purchasing the Palace?

Jacqueline [Big Grin]

#22 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 04:48 AM

Hi everyone,
I was just on the phone to Harrods and they are still awaiting delivery of the next lot of bears, now due in later this week. I asked about the vans and was told they still have about 40 left so that is presumably after all orders are filled and personal shoppers served. They still have the palaces in stock and apparently Mohammed Al Fayed is signing 150 of them (Palace boxes)! Looks like there's still time to make a decision! lol [Big Grin]

#23 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 07:30 PM

Hi,

Have just read the last message re Harrods and it doesn't make sense to me at all (please don't take this personally).

I was in the store on Saturday and spoke to the girls about what they had left.

The last van I purchased and was told they were not getting anymore in. I wanted to buy another one but they had all gone and there were no more available.

The Harrods Palace was practically finished. They told me that only lOO had been made and only three were left, if that!

More teddy bears were coming in, possibly Tuesday, i.e. tomorrow 15th October.

I am wondering if the person you spoke to was aware of the facts. There are one or two new people at the stand who really didn't know too much about the solids and were surprised when I mentioned some of these had been released in the States prior to here in the U.K.

If I am near there I will definitely ask again as I would hate you all to think that I am giving out information which is inaccurate.

A rather puzzled, Jacqueline [Eek!] [Mad] [Confused]

#24 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 08:12 PM

Well it would definately be nice to know what is actually in stock. [Confused] I was only enquiring about the vans whilst sorting my Teddy, had I asked to buy a van the lady may have gone to the cupboard and found it bare. Looks like you may have to go and check the cupboard yourself and do a stock count for us! lol [Big Grin] The lady I spoke to did tell me that there were 20 EL staff -and I can only imagine a counter that big! [Eek!]

#25 Gail C.

Gail C.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 08:55 PM

HELLO JACQUELINE,*
I HAVE READ ALL THE COMMENTS ON HARRODS AND IT SEEMS AS IF IT'S LIKE THE E/L COUNTERS HERE. ONE PERSON TELLS YOU ONE THING AND ANOTHER PERSON SAYS THE OPPOSITE. I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THAT THEY TRY TO MAKE IT SEEM AS IF THEY ARE "SOLD OUT" SO THEY MAKE YOU WANT IT MORE THAN EVER. IT SEEMS AS IF THEY MAKE MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR EVERYBODY TO BUY, THEY JUST WANT TO CREATE A FEVER.
I AM NOT SO SURE WHAT TO THINK AS THEY SEEM TO BE RELEASING MORE AND MORE ONE AFTER ANOTHER. IT IS HARD TO BUY THEM AT THIS RATE.
GAIL C.

#26 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 07:19 AM

Hello everyone,

I just called Harrod's asking if my order has been shipped. They said that the van and the bear are still expected to arrieve. Then I told the lady that someone told me that the solids are already at the counter for sale and she said that this isn't true and that they only had about 20 to be shown on the counter and in the vitrines.

I guess it's as you all said...every salesgirl tells another story and no one knows which version is correct.

Have a great day

Brigitte

#27 stellabryant

stellabryant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 12:18 PM

I went to Harrods on Saturday and picked up the bear that was reserved and the building. They say there getting more in. The bear is even better than last years.

#28 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 03:00 PM

I have received my bear and inside the box is a card that says
"This exquisite limited edition solid perfume compact has been hand-crafted by artisans schooled in fine jewelry making-one of 400 created exclusively by Estee Lauder for Harrods."
It good [Smile] to know that these are limited
Even better [Razz] that there are only 400 being produced

#29 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 04:35 AM

Redmpeaches,

Hope u received my reply.

Regards to everyone and Ron, thanks for the news! Now perhaps my comments will be believed re Harrods solids!

Some of the staff there seem to be pretty vague at times!

Best wishes,

Jacqueline

#30 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 03:07 PM

Hi Everyone,

The Harrods solids arrived.

The van is wonderful-400 made@140 pounds=$216.50.

The bear is cute-400 made@120 pounds=$185.56.

The building is a big disappointment for the price- 500 made @350 pounds =$541.22.
There were cards in them saying how many made.

We are sending the building back. The "awnings" are not straight and where it fits together has a gap. Lisa's Photo is better than any we can do with this solid.

We do not know about the rest of you but we are tired of paying large amounts for poor quality.

Ken & Ann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users