• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 07:07 PM

I ordered from Harrods almost one month ago. My credit card was charged, but the solids haven't arrived. I'm getting worried.

How long did it take for you to receive your items?

Do you think I should wait longer or give them a call? Stupid me....I don't remember the sales person name.

#2 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 07:32 PM

Hi Greyhound,

the service at Harrod's seems to get worse and worse. I had the same problem and the sales girl didn't even check the tracking # until I told her to do so. Also all the solids that arrieved at my friends were not at the palce the should be in the box, but just anywhere in the box. Luckyla nothing was damaged. The building was missing a green stone.

Maybe we all should write a letter to Mr. Alfayette.

Have a great day

Brigitte

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 08:15 PM

Greyhound,

Yes, you should have received the Harrods solids already. Unless they are awaiting another shipment or something.
Instead of calling over to London and spending money you can email at: perfumery@harrods.com
make the email attention Estee Lauder/order and explain your situation, I did my ordering this way because I had a minor problem and they took care of it right away and even emailed me back letting me know they resolved the problem. [Wink]

[ November 13, 2002, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#4 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for your suggestion Lisa. I emailed Harrods twice in the past 2 days, but they haven't responded. [Mad] It's funny that when I asked about the Lauder catalog, they responded right away. Now I don't know what to do. I hope my order isn't lost....I really want the bear desperately and I don't want to pay $300 on ebay just to make sure I have one. [Frown]

#5 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 November 2002 - 07:34 PM

Hello Greyhound,

If you find you are still having problems with Teddy I might be able to get one for you.

Send me a message through my profile email as soon as you know what the position is.

Jacqueline [Roll Eyes]

#6 Annette

Annette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 08:58 AM

Greyhound & Brigitte
I also have the same problem,..my solid was ordered over a month ago, when I called "Daisey", she was reading the incorrect address back to me for shipment?,...then she corrected herself when I told her what my correct address was?? I think it's all about working with a seasoned associate?
Lisa,...thanks for the advice about sending a e-mail, I have already called 3times and spent some good money on phone calls, it seems that "Dispatch" (Harrods'shipment) needs to research the package?......I will be sending Mr.Alfeyed a letter

#7 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 07:13 PM

Annette,

Have you received any email response from Harrods? It's been 5 days without a reply. Not even "we will check and get back to you."

#8 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 07:45 PM

I know how you all feel. When I call Harrods I use 10 10 220 and it is 1.99 for 9 or 10 min which is enough time to do your business.
They messed up two bears for me. Both with out paint on their noses.
They will make good on the shipping on returns if you include the postal receipt.

#9 Annette

Annette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 03:40 PM

Geryhound,....I have got no information from Harrods or "Daisey" I WILL be sending a letter to Mr. Alfeyed. (or however you spell his name)

Thanks

#10 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 06:43 PM

I emailed customer service through Harrod's website. They replied:
Thank you for your e-mail. I was sorry to learn that you have not received a reply to your previous messages. Please accept my apologies for this discourtesy. I have passed a copy of your email to the Area Sales Manager for Beauty. Please be assured that she will be in contact with you again shortly.

Yeah right! [Mad] It's been 2 full days. No comments from the perfume department. [Mad] I never had this much trouble from an ebay seller. Yet, a prestigious department store can't even send the items or even give an explaination. I spent $373.25 and the least they can do is tell the truth---did the sales associate write my address incorrectly---are the solids back ordered and more time is needed---etc.

If there's no reply tomorrow, I'll threaten with a charge back....and ban shopping there. Let's see if the stupid perfume department will respond then. [Mad]

I might have to call them and waste more money. Last time I spent $6 for 4 minutes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users