• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 09:53 PM

I'd probably actually buy one or two of just the boxes if it were for certain solids.

Nancy, thank you for the "upgrade" suggestion. I will probably do that. My, the power of the internet and what it can do in regards to solid collecting - this would be a much more difficult hobby without it!

Lori

#17 dante

dante

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:51 AM

I too am not fussed about the boxes. I buy the solids because I like the design, of course if it comes mint in box I keep it, but if there is a solid I want and it doesn't come with a box, I will still buy it if it's the right price. wink.gif

I used to collect Cherished Teddies, ran out of places to store the boxes, I don't know why I was keeping the boxes because wasn't planning on selling any of them so I finally threw them all away, the boxes(close to 200). Now I can see the same thing happening with my EL boxes. Though I have a long way to go before I have 200 wink.gif

Karen (Aussie Girl) sorry to hear your box was damaged in transit, just for your info Customs do not open or close the parcels, Australia Post employees are responsible for this. wink.gif

Dante

#18 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 04:53 PM

Hi Dante,
I use to collect Cherished Teddies too. I have over a hundred of them. But I haven't added to the collection in about four years. When I first started collecting I threw out the boxes. I didn't know I was suppose to save them. Once I started saving them I opened up the top and bottom of the boxes and flattened them out for storing.

Estee Lauder boxes are very well constructed and very durable. They do take up a lot of space. But I have saved the boxes from the new EL solids. Just in case I ever decide to sell my collection.

#19 lmsw1

lmsw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:09 AM

Hi guys

This has been one of the most interesting chats for me and I need to put my 2 cents in. I hate keeping all my boxes. I have boxes and boxes full of boxes. I don't like to keep them but it makes sense financially. Still I daydream about unloading them. Anybody out there want boxes and boxes of boxes? biggrin.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

For me the point of my solids is looking at them, and I love showing my solids in a little vitrine. As for whether they have perfume or not, I don't care except for the provenance - the ones which are totally cleaned out and empty are more likely to be rejects from a factory store, IMHO. Some of that old perfume is nasty! ohmy.gif I disagree with the idea that without the perfume they're just like any trinket box. They're more than just little trinket boxes to me, because it's a collection all from the same maker, and more like little sculptures that are more affordable than the old Italian ones. rolleyes.gif

Remember the term 'mint for what it is' ? I got a big laugh about that one. It was half a mermaid body, being sold on ebay. It was a 'mint tail' I guess, having all its crystals. Nice for a tuna sandwich, if you're in the mood for a visit to the dentist. Ouch ! blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users