• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#61 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:47 AM

Yes-- I would also like to welcome all the new EL employees to the site.

I am so thrilled that EL has now found the RESOURCES to have so many of their employees take time from their busy days to come here and post and monitor us.

I also would like to hear the other side of the story.

Are you saying that what 4 of us heard on the call was not true????
Are you saying that all the proof I had to everything I say was not true.

Please let me hear from you in an open way .

Ann

#62 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:55 AM

Hello BronxRed, Would it be too much to ask for you to voice your thoughts! No point to make an ambiguous remark without backing it up! That is what we do on this site. We have our differences but we don't hide behind asides

I pointed out in my posting that EL took the trouble to arrange the Conference Call. What I cannot understand is the fact that nothing constructive or helpful appears to have resulted from 'their time and trouble!' So your side of the story would be helpful to those concerned, don't you think?

#63 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 12:40 PM

You know-- I was ready to drop this but now I am just plain mad.

We were told Aug. 4 that EL did not have the time or resourses to be a part of this board. FINE.

Since then EL has sent employees to this board to read all the past messages/to monitor/ and now to post sweet little things about how wonderful EL is.

Is the intent to swamp the board with nice messages from EL employees to make Lisa and I look bad.

Once again you are insulting the intelligence of the members of this board.

The call was a small PR plunder but this is a doozy.

Ann

#64 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 01:02 PM

I am new to Solid Perfume.com and I would just like to say that my experience with EL over the years has been wonderful. I think it was extremely thoughtful of them to take the time out of their busy day to conduct this conference call and as everyone knows, there are two sides to every story.

The previous page is where the above is quoted from.

I really want to reply to you on your post. I was on the conference call so I do know what happened, was it nice of Estee Lauder to take the time out of what I know was a busy day- absolutely! Look back at our reactions from the Las Vegas convention and see how totally ecstatic we all were. Mr. Annese is a wonderfully professional man and represents himself and anyone he is talking to with class and respect and althought he told me the "resourses and manpower" were not available to me he still did it in a professional manner.

Again, the whole idea of the conference call was to answer questions already presented to Mr. Annese over one month ago. That didn't happen as Ann, Woody and I had to ask and explain the whole thing all over again. Now where does that leave us? It leaves us waiting the answers after the holidays. Doesn't make sense does it?? Our concerns just go round and round and fall on deaf ears.

This site is not created to bash or boycott Estee Lauder in any way. I do hope that everyone has read my introduction where I say that I worked for the company off and on for almost five years. Some of you may have also heard me speak highly for working for the company because I loved what I did, I loved the company and believed in what I was doing and selling. I guess I do have knowledge that some others do not because of the fact that I was an employee, like the fact that the company is just as secretive to their employees.

Some of the things we discuss on the site may not be all "ohhh ahhh" towards the company because we all our opinions are different. I think I can speak on behalf of this community and say that across the board we do not agree with the selling of solids at the warehouse sales or the damaged solids coming out of Victoria & Co. I do understand there will always be employee theft but when the same person on ebay is selling several hundred at a time something with security is seriously wrong. The warehouse sales are the most offensive thing to us, we spend thousands of dollars every year on solids and then we see them being offered at a fraction of the price we pay. I do understand rewarding your employees but in the day and age of eBay things are different. What EL is doing at these sales is totally going against their policy of not selling one person more than 5 of one item. At the warehouse sales you are selling them all they want. This information is from someone I spoke with who went to one. Your employees are then selling what you give them and making a lot of money.

So now we the collectors are being watched even though we are spending legitimatley. Let's all not forget when Woody was contacted by EL and told he could no longer purchase from the company anymore. So Woody can't purchase solids at retail price and then sell them if he wishes but you will sell bags of product and solids to you employees so they can sell them on eBay??????

Maybe policies need to be changed, maybe fewer solids produced each year so they don't have to go the the outlets or warehouse sales.

We want our collections to go up in value not down. For example: I spent $70 on the flowering bouquet four years ago. Try to sell it today on eBay. I have seen them go for $9.99 and have even seen them not get one bid for that price. The market is just oversaturated.

So please do not come on this site and try to pull the wool over our eyes. Also please do not tell me you have no "resources or manpower" when for the last two days the site has been crawling with EL employees all day and night. Do you think we don't know? If you want nothing to do with us here that is absoutley fine. Then stay away and stop the spying on us. Don't insult our intelligence by posting as an outsider saying how great the company is when you are working for Estee Lauder.

#65 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 01:35 PM

Well said Lisa!

#66 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(Jack @ Aug 4 2004, 11:09 PM)
I'm just baffled by their witholding of their list of past solids. Obviously there are a good number that weren't mentioned at all in Roz's book. Why is that being kept as top secret proprietary information? We aren't asking to know how many they made or what their profit margins are.

Does Estee Lauder realize that they are not producing top secret nuclear weapons? These are collectible perfumes we are talking about. Why the secrecy? Bizarre that a company producing collectibles wouldn't want people to know a complete list of what they have made in the past.  blink.gif

Hello Lisa, Hello Jack,

How are you?
As you mentioned there are obviously some solids that were officially released that are not included in the book, and the other items were brought up in addition to a complete list which has been circulated for years. How could I get this list? I miss LV already!
unsure.gif

#67 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 01:44 PM

Lisa
we are all supporting your effort with a great confidence!!!

#68 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 02:52 PM

Guess the EL employees went to lunch. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ann

#69 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 03:49 PM

HI EVERYONE..... smile.gif smile.gif

BEEN AWAY FOR A FEW DAYS.....WOW !!!!!! WHAT A LOT TO CATCH UP ON

LISA,JACK,ANN AND WOODY, MANY THANKS FOR TRYING TO GET OUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY E.L. THEY SHOULD LEARN WHICH WAY THEIR BREAD IS BUTTERED AND THAT IT IS US COLLECTORS THAT SUPPLY THEM WITH BOTH BUTTER AND JAM, VERY BAD P.R. ON E.Ls. PART mad.gif mad.gif

THE NEXT TIME I GO TO THE E.L. COUNTER, DO I HAVE TO GO INCOGNITO, WEARING MY BEST BALACLAVA, BY THE SOUNDS OF IT THAT IS WHAT ITS COMING TO.

MY OVERALL OPINION IS THAT THEY ARE FRIGHTENED OF THE HONESTY OF THIS SITE

REGARDS.....MARGARET....... smile.gif smile.gif

#70 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 05:28 PM

ohmy.gif What a brave little post from Bronx Red!! ohmy.gif

And just when the 'agro' out of the conference call was about over from everyone and we were all about to move on . . . . dry.gif

Hmmm . . . I reckon it was either cleverly put there to upset us all over again and
raise hell (like it did) for a laugh to the invisible EL reps/execs, or a very STUPID comment from someone who is a bit green behind the ears. You make your own mind up!!

However, I agree that there are always two sides to the story, and it'd be interesting to read what the other side is . . . . I wonder . . . . huh.gif

Would it be that Ann, Woody and Lisa were apparently 'screaming' at EL to be heard or asking inappropriate questions and DESERVED to be shouted at and treated like something on the bottom of your shoe?

Or maybe it was because their knowledge and love for the product is FAR greater
than the reps and execs themselves and they were put in an embarrassing situation and had to defend and assert their positions . . . .

Then again, it could be that Daniel Annese wanted to show them what he has to put up with when he attends functions on behalf of EL . . . all these questions from people that EL obviously makes NO money out of!!

Gee, I wonder if that was the other side of the story, because I can't think of any other way that EL could waste their precious time talking to these 'troublemakers' that need to be monitored all the time. blink.gif

But I agree with you, Bronx Red - thoughtful of them!

ph34r.gif

#71 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 06:23 PM

Do you really think a second Conference Call is worth it? Are you actually going to go through with it or will there be correspondence or contact beforehand? Am not even sure if there's an answer to these questions. huh.gif

#72 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE(Michele @ Aug 6 2004, 07:36 PM)
Do you really think a second Conference Call is worth it?

I can pretty much guarantee that there will not be a second conference call. I don't think the Estee Lauder gang will be talking to us in any capacity anymore.

#73 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 06:47 PM

Truthfully, Jack, if all you're doing is putting yourselves in the line of fire, it's not worth your trouble. What you have going here speaks volumes to all of us...more than this we don't need. But we do appreciate all you went through to try to find answers...really.

#74 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 07:07 PM

The whole idea of a second conference call happened at the end of our first "meeting" we were all saying our goodbyes and thank yous to each other and to EL and Ann asked are we going to do this again? Mr. Annese's reply was maybe sometime in the future perhaps after the holidays.

It was something we brought up not EL. I can pretty much bet I won't be asked again or that it will even happen like Jack said.

#75 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 07:39 PM

The phrase that was used - If you find a EL solid that is not in Roselyn's book contact us and we will pay enough to send your child through college

What an impertinence and arrogance of the EL reps!!!!

I have no words for this attitude. Money, money, money....that's all they are interested in and therefore they think all other people are alike and everyone would even sell their grandmother if the price is high enough (I guess this saying is different in English, but you surely will have an expression for the same meaning).

"Normal people" are cherished as soon as EL think they can profit from them...YES, I CAN PROOVE THAT!

Years after my first contact to EL, with NO RESPONSE, I meat them at the convention in Atlanta. At this time I already had about 90% of my database and I had printed it out put it into a binder to take ti with me to the convention. I showed it to the very nice (and I really mean this) EL reps. They were thrilled about it, but they didn't want to provide me any missing information (they just were not capable to) to update my database, but wanted me to make them a copy of it, which of course I didn't.

The other story. EL London had an event at Harrods in Dec. 2000. I got to know about this and called EL London kindly asking if I eventually could join....of course no problem. Everything was very nice and they even gave us a powder compact as a present. After that I was in contact with the PR lady who organised this event and told her about never having gotten any response from EL heaquater. She was very much astonished about that and promised trying to be of help. Never got any help from her either. then in autumn 2001, 1 WEEK BEFORE they again wanted to have a sort of Museum at Harrods the lady contacted me asking whether I could provide them with some solids. I was on holiday at that time and it was very difficult for me to have the solids sent. 2 people had to be of help and I had to arrange everything by phone, but I made it in time and they were happy to have these solids. The lady thanked me by e-mail, told me what a success this event was and that least she could do was to send a gift. I responded that I don't need any gifts I'd rather get some informations to complete my database. She responded that she would insist on also sending gifts especially for the 2 people who had helped. The result of this story.......more than 1 month after the event had closed I had not yet gotten my solids back and when I e-mailed asking about my solids the lady said "I'm really sorry, but it was Xmas time and after that I was on holiday and had no time to send the solids back. I had to wait anothe r10 days to finally get my solids back.....needless to say I NEVER EVER GOT ANY GIFTS neither for myself nor for the 2 helpers.

The quintessence of all this....if you can be of help to EL you will be pampered until they got what they want....if you wish to get any help from EL you won't get it.

Brigitte,

who after all changed her mind about not commenting this topic anymore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users