• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Erica

Erica

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:04 AM

As I have uploaded the photo (under 'Members Photos') before, I'm also a collector of those miniature perfume bottles. Is anyone here interested in collecting them?

I have just about 500 miniature perfume bottles(I know there are so many kinds). My first and still my favorite is the one from 'Parfums de Vienne' whose shape is violin. I'll upload the photos later.

Let me hear your miniature perfume bottles stories wink.gif !

#2 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 04:59 AM

I don't see myself as collecting miniature perfume bottles, but this very weekend I visited a flea market and found a seller who had lots and lots of them. Ofcourse I ended up buying nine of them. At home I discovered that two of the bottles wheren't miniatures but the smallest size of the very perfume bottle... That is really me going shopping.. nevermind since one of the perfume bottles was Champagne by YSL.
My treasure is a small Schiaparelli Succe Fou, the bottle is shaped similar to Chanel no. 5 and has a dauber, really cute however it is not the leaf shape.

Karin

#3 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:04 AM

Hi Karin

Although you do not see yourself collecting them, sounds like the collecting bug may have bit you (9 of them)... biggrin.gif Beware, these bites are incurable, once you start you cannot stop!!

Sounds like the market was fun - any solids there?

Erica - love the picture. Thanks for posting it!

#4 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:29 PM

I also have a collection of over 50 of these little cuties. I have losts that I would also like to trade or sell. If anyone has specific wants, let me know. Somehow this perfume collecting becomes like a magnet. You start with one size, for me it was Giant Factice and poof before you know it, you have some of every variety and size. My Daughter says I am compulsive. I don't think so. My Solids are now the most favorite. Lainey

#5 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 06:42 PM

Erica,

You have a wonderful collection! Love the photos. I recently purchased miniatures of Christian Dior and Givenchy, not to collect but to sniff! biggrin.gif However, the bottles have ended up in a display cabinet. Do you ever sample the perfume or is that taboo? You must love perfume, so I'm interested to know what your favorite fragrance is or your signature scent?

#6 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:03 PM

Martha, I have a little Chinese 'cabinet' where I keep miniatures perfumes which I have had before I started collecting solid perfumes. I just didn't have the heart to throw the tiny perfume bottles away! I also have an unopened bottle of L'ARTE DI GUCCI which I kept when I found out it had been discontinued. This was always my favourite Eau de Parfum and I haven't the heart to use it!

Can anyone tell me how long this will last in the bottle?

smile.gif

#7 mostlyminis

mostlyminis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:01 AM

Hi to all the above. Its my understanding that perfume changes very quickly, even if unopened. I have heard that within a year its not "good" and that within 6 months the topnotes can change. However, I have never been able to use up a bottle of perfume in less than a year and I still love the way they smell. Perhaps I'm just not a perfectionist?

I do collect miniature perfume bottles, though I've pretty much stopped adding to my collection because I've run out of room. I've had to restrict my buys to the nearly perfect (box, bottle, perfume hopefully, great condition) and very limited editions of new ones. I do love them. I have some wonderful bottles, and some that I'm unloading as I can when I can update or change my mind about them. They are hard to resist.

#8 Aoide

Aoide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:05 PM

My perfume collection is all over the place and it does include about 40 - 50 miniatures. That is probably my largest category. I have commercial and decorative bottles, the miniatures and of course the solids. I love the miniatures especially when you see them all grouped together. I can't pick a favorite. They are all so cute.

#9 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:29 AM

hi, I started as a miniature collectors before moving to solid perfumes. However, I did not stop collecting them. I have about 600 of them now, all are good and branded ones. I do not use them and each time I buy a bottle. I make sure the cap is tight, so the perfume will not evaporates and drys up.
I started collecting around 20 years ago when all this miniature were given out free for promotion when they launch the perfume. I was so poor to buy so I wil go early in the morning to wait at the entrance of the departmental store , just to make sure I get it.
At times when I need to rekindle the smell that I missed, eg. Lou Lou from Cacharel, I will tap a little on my pulse, it still smells great. I am so glad that the scents did not change.
Certain scents still brings back the fond memory for the past years. And I am glad I still have them with me.
NOw that I saw the rainbow display from one of the collectors here, it is time for me to bring all out again and proudly display them.

#10 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 05:07 PM

Well, I started a miniature perfum collection about 20years ago and at present I've about 1300, but now I'm selling them because of space problems and mainly because now I'm collecting only Lauder solid ones.

I never opened them, but sometimes they evaporate even if never opened. Some of them are very particular and even if I like them very much, I must try to sell them, otherwise I have to find another house!!!!!!!

I'll show you some photos.

Charlotte

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users