43 replies to this topic

#31 dante

dante

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 12:45 AM

Thanks Lisa,
Rex obviously means very much to you, and you to him. He probably understands you nursed him back to health. Who would have thought you could house train an iguana. ohmy.gif
I think I saw one or something very much like it when I was holidaying just out of Darwin many years ago - I couldn't get away quick enough it was huge. ohmy.gif

Dante

#32 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 04:54 PM

Wow - some animals are so amazing, aren't they>? I can't imagine an iguana just going to sit on a little potty to do business!! laugh.gif

And the way they respond to things you do are just heart-melting . . . so loyal as best buddies and so trusting when trained and brought up correctly.

Yeah - vets bills don't come cheap, do they? But I know I'd pay anything to get Dylan well if he were sick. sad.gif

Dylan sends a little friendly 'woof' to all the doggies out there! smile.gif (He's a VERY friendly dog . . . usually . . . . he just doesn't like people who carry sticks, strangely enough.

#33 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 07:01 PM

Can you take out pet insurance in Australia and the States? We have it here and it was a great help! Vet's fees don't come cheap here either, but with the Insurance, you are covered.

Love all the pix. I would love another King Charles Cavalier, but living in town and travelling, is not the ideal situation.

#34 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 09:21 PM

Hi Lisa- I can't load a pix on your site to save my soul? Here is a pix of my little kitty Ozzie- 24 pounds of pure cuddly love!!!!!!!!!

Thanx
Mark
user posted image

#35 Aoide

Aoide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:12 PM

I have a cat named Gypsy rescued from the SPCA. My whole family has cats so it was inevitable. I say that she is not a normal cat, because normal cats like to meow and climb all over you at inconvenient moments and she doesn't really do that. She is happy to be in the same room with me, but not necessarily in my lap. Although as she has gotten older she has become more "touchy-feely". She's a happy cat and has seen me through my bad times. Only other pet owners really understand how much our pets mean to us.

#36 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 07:01 PM

biggrin.gif I have always loved miniatures and we have a long haired chihuahua - Tazzi, a short haired chihuahua - Sox and a papillon - Barka collectively known as " The Girls!".

If they can keep still long enough together and I can work out how to do it I will post a pic!
laugh.gif ohmy.gif

#37 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:02 PM

biggrin.gif user posted image
Tazzi, my long-haired chihuahua, she's 11 years old and is very laid back for a small dog. cool.gif

wink.gif user posted image
Barka, my papillon, she's 7 years old and has a lovely temperament and lots of energy. wink.gif

rolleyes.gif user posted image
and last but by no means least (except in size laugh.gif ) is Sox, my short-haired chihuahua and she is 6 years old - the smallest and by far the loudest! ohmy.gif laugh.gif

Wow - worked out the photo post too! laugh.gif laugh.gif

#38 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 08:49 PM

We have two daschunds and had a wonderful chow who died last summer. mellow.gif The two little guys keep us going though. They are full of affection and energy enough for 4 dogs. biggrin.gif

user posted image
This is Oskar who we are keeping for our daughter who is in London

user posted image
This is our chow Cinnabar and Max our daschund

#39 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 09:28 PM

Don, Margaret and Fee,

I really enjoyed seeing your photos of your loves!! Thanks so much for sharing. wink.gif

#40 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 11:58 AM

sorry-trying to post photo that won't work...

#41 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:10 PM

Hi All:

Has anyone ever owned a dog that suffered from epileptic seizures? My dog had one the other night (the first one I ever witnessed) and it was too hard to watch. sad.gif He is a rescue dog and I believe he is a Belgian Malinois and I know that the breed suffers from genetic epilepsy.

Thanks.

#42 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 10:18 AM

My neighbor has a Golden that suffers from seizures and yes, it is a terrible thing to witness. They do not have any special medication for their dog the seizures just have to run their path. That's all I know about them. sad.gif

I hope your dog is feeling better.

#43 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 11:19 AM

Thank you Lisa and Ar for your information. I just hope that the seizures a few and far between.

#44 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 11:46 PM

Don - Cinnabar looks like a lion cub!! ohmy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users