• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:22 PM

My personal greetings to each of you. Today I officially joined this board, however, I am not "new" to this forum. I have visited this message board daily for almost two years and have been listed as one of those"guests". I apologize for not joining sooner than this. I am a shy person, yet, it is time now for me to be a formal part of this solid perfume family. You are a very special group of people and I have enjoyed reading all of your posts.

I have been active in collecting these solid treasures since 1988. Yes like many of you, as the years have passed I have witnessed the good, the bad, some magnificent solids and observed how the Estee Lauder Company has made decisions about everything concerning our beloved solids. My concern is for the future of solid perfumes and working with the Estee Lauder Company to provide the best product available for purchase by collectors and consumers. I look forward to Ann's report concerning the August conference call with Mr. Anise.

Now is a very exciting time for us since the Strongwater's are coming in and we can get our hands on them. I got my Bird in Bloom this past Monday and am very, very well pleased with it.

My best wishes to you all for a very good rest of the week. smile.gif

Gigi

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:43 PM

Gigi,

Well let me give you a great big welcome to the site!

So very happy to have you as a member and even happier to see you posting. As you know there are some really great people on this site with lots of great ideas, information and photos.

Just keep on sharing with us on your thoughts and ideas!

The last couple of days have resulted in a lot of new members, this would be the perfect time and place to introduce yourself, tell us where you are from and about your collecting. Or just post a "hello"

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!!! biggrin.gif

#3 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:17 AM

Welcome Gigi,

Hope to get to know you better. You are from a beautiful part of the country.

#4 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:49 AM

Greetings from London, UK! wink.gif

With the new logging in system, I think there will be lots of new faces arriving! smile.gif

#5 Nettie

Nettie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 07:01 AM

Hello and welcome Gigi.

Annette

#6 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 07:21 AM

Hi Gigi -

Welcome and congratulations on going from a "guest" to a "new member." It's a big step for some, but it's not hard. Eventually more will find that out. biggrin.gif

You've been collecting since 1988, so you probably have more of the "most sought after" than many of us...hope you can post some pictures here. smile.gif

Again, a big WELCOME and hope to see you here often. smile.gif

Hello Annette -

Believe I may have skipped saying WELCOME to you! huh.gif My apologies...good to have you aboard!

Are you near Sandra or Dante? I really must get out my Atlas or Globe to decipher these things since more collector's are joining from around the world.

Question I've been meaning to ask...why do they call Australia "The Land Down Under?" What are you under? I never understood that...would you or anyone else happen to know?

Again, a big WELCOME from me to you! wub.gif

Edited by Michele, 29 July 2004 - 03:59 PM.

#7 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 10:41 AM

Michele,

as you know I'm not an Australian citizen, but I think it has to do with the Bristish Governement Australia had or still has dry.gif wink.gif ?? From British point of view Australia is geographicly on the opposite of the world. I guess that's why the British people called Australia "down under".
I may be wrong though. Let's hear what Australian or British members say.

Welcome from Switzerland to all new members.

Brigitte

#8 cka

cka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 11:41 AM

Hii Gigi and welcome.

It's nice to know there is another solid collector "close" by. I'm from Idaho.

I know you'll love this site and will learn lots and lots.

Carolyn

#9 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 01:56 PM

Hi Gigi. Welcome to the board. Like Michelle, I would like to see some photos of your solids especially if you have some of the earlier ones. Hope you post some in the members photos.

#10 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 05:05 PM

A sincere thank you to all and each of your posts to this topic. I appreciate all of your comments and wonderful words of welcome. I am even touched by the number of viewers to this topic. Again thank you to Lisa, Martha, Jacqueline, Brigitte, Annette, Carolyn, Michele, Pat and to everyone else. You all made my day. Please give me some time in the future to put photos up of some of my solids. It took me almost two years to log in...I am a slow person! laugh.gif

Gigi

#11 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(Michele @ Jul 29 2004, 12:34 PM)
Hello Annette -

Are you near Sandra or Dante? I really must get out my Atlas or Globe to decipher these things since more collector's are joining from around the world.

Question I've been meaning to ask...why do they call Australia "The Land Down Under?" What are you under? I never understood that...would you or anyone else happen to know?

Michele - I think we've been here before and established that Annette & I are about 3000 miles apart and a few more for Dante with the outback and impassable roads inbetween. As for the Down Under bit - I think Brigitte is absolutely right in her explanation. smile.gif

Gigi - HI!!

Two years without a word!! That's amazing!! So you've seen the site evolve amongst all the pictures, stories and dummy spits! wink.gif

Your first post was a beauty! Glad you did it and looking forward to seeing a few more posts of yours on the board! biggrin.gif

#12 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 11:36 PM

Thanks Sandra for your kind words of welcome. It means a lot. Remember I am a shy person, but for the last couple of days I guess I have come out of my shell and posted. I believe I am doing this due to people on this board have been so nice and welcoming. Thanks again Sandra and everyone else.

Gigi

#13 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:35 AM

Gigi, you are absolutely welcome!! biggrin.gif

. . . And now that Lisa and Jack have laid down the law, I'm sure everyone will be on their VERY best behaviour! laugh.gif

Looking forward to more chit-chats! smile.gif

#14 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 09:28 AM

Hi Gigi, glad to have you posting. I was watching a show on TV recently about homes/ranches in your area. All I can say is WOW! rolleyes.gif As for the scenery, all I can say is it reminded me of all the old westerns I watched on wet Saturday afternoons when I was young.
I see you picked a 'western' solid as your avetar. I guess that is because of where you live. That made me think, what would other members chose as being 'local' i.e. Statue of Liberty for New York.
Jack, should I put this is another topic?

#15 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 05:52 PM

Thank you Nancy for your above post. You bring up a wonderful topic for discussion about avetars. I will post on it as soon as we get direction from Jack on how to proceed. In the meantime, I have grown accustomed to looking at everyones avetar the first thing for identification. I know who you are by the avetars you each have chosen. They all are wonderful. wink.gif See what happens when a person visits this site for awhile! laugh.gif In honor of you Nancy, I will try to look for a good, old cowboy Western show on the TV here in the US tonight to watch.

Gigi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users