25 replies to this topic

#16 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 09:21 PM

Mimi, Thanks for sharing your recipe with me. You have to remember, you are dealing with a novice here when it comes to cooking. So something like deviled eggs could be pretty complicated for me. unsure.gif Or my husband would say I'm just looking for an excuse not to cook! wink.gif

Lisa, I too love deviled eggs and I like your idea of adding ham. I'll have to try that when I make them the next time.

Jeanette smile.gif

#17 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:19 PM

Hello,

If someone want to try a very easy cake (no butter, no sugar) I give you here below the recipe

Ingredients for a bakin-tin diam 24 cm.
(better a bakin-tin which can be opened laterally so that the cake can be slided out)

180 gr. Macaroons (bitter biscuits?)
180 gr. dry biscuits
bitter powdered cocoa
apples (medium size)

peel and cut apples (small slices)
mince or pound together the two types of biscuits
1.put on the bottom of the bakin-tin some paper for oven and cover the surface with minced biscuits
2.do a first sheet of sliced apples and polverize with cocoa
go on in this way till the ingredients are finished
put the bakin-tin (VERY IMPORTANT COVER IT WITH A COVER OR WITH AN ALUMINIUM SHEET)
in the over at 160? for about 1 hour and 15 minutes

Iím absolutely not a good cooker and this is the only one cake I can do.

#18 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 03:16 PM

Charlotte,

Sounds good!

Loved your photos of the Italian dishes.....someday we will have to visit Italy! wink.gif

#19 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 10:30 PM

Just wanted you all to know that tonight I cooked...I think they call it baking...for Sunday dinner (7/31). It took quite a while as I couldn't find the instruction book for the range and forgot how to turn on the oven, but eventually I found it.

So...dinner for Sunday, 7/31 will be baked boneless spare ribs in my outstanding barbeque sauce...served with baked potatoes, (with butter AND sour cream & chives,) mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots), a caesar salad and rolls.

Dessert is questionable....must think about it....any suggestions would be welcome! huh.gif

#20 cka

cka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 01:14 PM

At Ann's suggestion (prodding) this is what we're having for Sunday dinner, about 7:00 p.m., here in Idaho:

Salmon (from Alaska) grilled
Local corn on the cob, grilled
Local green beans with bacon pieces -- yes even a little of the grease for flavor (just like my mother used to make them)
Caesar salad

For dessert we're having local white peaches that are so sweet you don't add any sugar or sweetener.

Michele, hope your baked potatoes are from Idaho. We also have some bacon bits on ours too. A suggestion for dessert would be a cake I make that is so simple. It starts with yellow cake mix covered with crushed pineapple and the top is vanilla pudding, cream cheese and cool whip. I usually make it the night before and keep in the fridge because you add the pineapple and other toppings while the cake is still hot. I use this cake whenever I have to serve or for potlucks. There's never any left to bring home.

Have a great day everyone! We're staying indoors as long as we can as it's going to be 100 or more today, but it's DRY heat. There still lots of smoke here in the valley from fires in Oregon and Washington.

Carolyn

#21 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:18 PM

Sorry folks but I stuck to my diet tonight. I opened a tin of tuna, added a little vinegar, salt, pepper and low fat mayonnaise, plus some Ryvita Biscuits and......that was it! BUT LAST NIGHT, I went out for dinner and had.........

so today was a No, No!

I love spare ribs and the best place for those is in the States! Michele, your dinner sounds scrumptious as do all the others........now back to solids........ cool.gif

sad.gif

#22 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 06:08 PM

Here's an idea for dessert for those who don't like to bake and need to watch their calories. It tastes like Boston Cream Pie.

Slice of pound cake (store bought, of course tongue.gif )
Jello fat free pudding snack (chocolate)
Scoop of any low fat, sugar free vanilla ice cream
Dab of Cool Whip
Top it off with a Cherry

It looks and tastes like you worked all day! biggrin.gif

#23 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 05:33 AM

Thank you for your wonderful suggestions for dessert(s). They all sounded fabulous. Martha...will definitely try the Boston Creme recipe one of these days...soon! Unfortunately, everyone was stuffed so we ended up having simply coffee with a little Bailey's, or, in 2 cases, Bailey's with a little coffee. Hey, it worked.

Wish I had logged back on yesterday to find your ideas. sad.gif

Thanks again...

#24 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 04:22 PM

I have a complaint!!!

This thread will do my computer no good whatsoever. I'm afraid that the drooling will short circuit my system. Please either stop or send me samples. wink.gif

#25 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:22 PM

Nancy - You're TOO funny! laugh.gif Will mail you a rib with sauce...now get a napkin and mop up!

#26 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 12:42 PM

Gee Michele, you're terrific, first you send me the dust fairy now I'll look out for food. I am really missing my Sunday dinners because of my renovations. By the time I get back I'm too tired to cook! Sunday we had steak and a salad. For a while every time my brother-in-law turned up we were eating spag bol and he asked my husband if that was all I could cook smile.gif It was just something I could make a batch of and take out of the freezer and cook quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users