• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 09:53 AM

I thought it might be interesting to hear what our members from around the world were having for lunch or dinner today. Sunday is the one day out of the week I try to prepare something special for lunch. Here goes:

Salmon steaks marinated in Ernest Hemingway's Key West Marinade (papaya, champagne and molasses), redskin potatoes, green beans, corn, and honey dew melon with strawberries. I won't be grilling the salmon outdoors, but on George Forman's Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine (use this all the time!). biggrin.gif

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:05 AM

Hi Martha,

I don't usually cook on the weekends so lunch will be McDondalds (my favorite but only on Sundays) and dinner most likely pizza. wink.gif Your lunch sounds fantastic.

Sunday usually is a big family dinner day but we don't have family in Florida, if we did it would be something Italian.

I'm not a good candidate for this topic, sorry, but I am interested in hearing from others. smile.gif

#3 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 04:00 PM

Hi Martha......

I had to laugh when I saw your posting on Sunday dinners. Right now I'm so full I could burst.....What did I cook today....Yes....Roast Beef, so British. Full menue was

Roast Beef, Yorkshire Pudding, Cabbage, Green Beans, Carrots, Roast and mash potatoes, Horseradish sauce, raw onions in vinegar and lots and lots of gravy. With it a very large glass of claret ( of course )

We were good on the pudding, Sliced Peaches, Melon and raspberries, with another large glass of claret ( of course ) today it rained, yet again ! so a large dinner cheered us up, but OH BOY!! am I full and more than a little tispy. Thank God for the person who invented the dishwasher! biggrin.gif

Lisa.... I love a Big Mac now and again, sometimes when Hubby and I go out for the day we call and get one for our lunch, we sit in the back of our Landrover and eat it like naughty schoolchildren, the last time we did it we got caught by our Grandchildren who will now not let us live it down

wacko.gif Regards.....Margaret....

#4 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 05:33 PM

Roasties are good for our winter Sundays, but we have the good old BBQ for summer . . . or fish 'n' chips if we're at the beach.

Maccas have been off my list for 2.5 years now - gave up the 'mac attack' two Christmases ago as I NEVER felt good after eating it . . . . took me about 25 years to figure that out!! laugh.gif

#5 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 05:59 PM

That's good old SOLID food you're talking about there!

I'll dish up some LUSCIOUS FRUITS for dessert, or some other DREAMY topic!

Carry on munching........I'm on a diet so will leave you all in peace! ph34r.gif

I hope Margaret will invite me round for one of her Sunday Roasts! Otherwise a Curry will do nicely. Will write up how I make Tandoori Chicken one of these days!

ph34r.gif

#6 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:18 PM

Jacky,

Sorry folks but I just have to write this:

Thought of a new food solid........Gorgonzola Cheese.......full of holes.....oooooops!

I don't get it?? What is the oooooops about?

#7 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:21 PM

After reading about all the wonderful meals you ladies have prepared today, I'm starving. Now if I could find a Cooking Fairy, I'd be in good shape. Until then, I'll continue making what I make best....Reservations.

And we're on our way.....................................

#8 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:27 PM

I had edited that post Lisa before you posted.. Tongue in cheek and my imagination is running at ten to the dozen tonight. I need to get stuck into a story or two!

Well the Gorgonzola Cheese is full of holes........and my mind went veering off to another solid which has recently been released which was also described as having some holes in it.........so the OOOps came in there!

smile.gif

#9 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:32 PM

Hello to everyone,

Martha you seem to be a very good cooker! I'm not.

Lisa,
you wrote that when you cook it's something Italian style.
I've just written to Martha that in order to get used to the new camera I even take pictures to cooked plates (not cooked by myself, but cooked and eaten yesterday in a agrifactory) so I'll do an homage to you and Jack of these photos and if you like you can post them.

#10 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:41 PM

Charoltte,

Yes, would love to see the photos. Sounds like you are getting use to your new digital camera!

All the dinners do sound fantastic, Margaret your story about the Big Macs made me laugh!! biggrin.gif

#11 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 09:31 AM

Interesting topic, Martha! When I was growing up, we always had Sunday dinner at home. Since it is just me and my husband, we usually are very casual about it. He does most of the cooking, so last night we had chicken BBQ and apple sauce. That was all we had in the fridge since I haven't done any food shopping lately! ohmy.gif

I loved Margaret's Big Mac story. I must admit, I love their french fries!! wink.gif

Discussing food is making me very hungry. Thank goodness it is almost lunchtime!

Jeanette smile.gif

#12 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 04:54 PM

Hello Everyone!

We were keeping our four year old Grandson, Grant on Sunday. When he or his brother, Jackson, have a "special" weekend, they get to choose the menu!

Sunday's choices were:

"Sam's Hangerburber's" (translation: hamburgers with just meat and Heinz Ketchup)

Mimi's Deviled Eggs smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Brown Beans

Cold milk and warm Chocolate Chunk Cookies rolleyes.gif

It was truly "food for the gods" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Mimi

#13 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 05:07 PM

Mimi,

Your meal sounds delicious. Do you have a recipe for your deviled eggs, and if so, would you mind sharing it with me?

Thanks, Jeanette

#14 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:24 PM

Hi Jeanette,

No secret......just simple hardboiled eggs, cooled, peeled, halved and separated.

Mash yolks finely with fork...add mayonnaise, celery salt, a dash of mustard (all to your taste). Refill white halves...sprinkle with sweet paprika.

They are almost traditional at all of our family gatherings! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Enjoy.....

Mimi
wub.gif

#15 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:44 PM

Mimi,

Two thumbs up on your dinner selection! I love deviled eggs and always make them when we have a cookout, I make them the exact same way as you but I finely chop ham and add to the yolk mixture. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users