Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:41 PM

We apologize Lisa.

#17 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:06 PM

No apologies necessary. Just want to keep everything in this area about solids.
Everything and anything can be talked about in the general discussions area. biggrin.gif

#18 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 10:40 PM

RE: Neiman's...If double bonus points are offered in October and November, and one's Birthday happens to fall within those months, does one get quadruple bonus points for buying a solid? That would mean a $300 solid would give you 1,200 points! biggrin.gif Anyone know, or is it wishful thinking?

(Assuming you buy the solid(s) on your Birthday.)

#19 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:30 AM

If we are told that a particular solid will be limited, then the time to buy would be on it's release. Unfortunately we are not always privy to this information. No-one knew that the Flower Cart was going to be very limited, or the Barn. I could not understand why they made so few of the above items but in terms of collecting, that was a GOOD move.

With regard to the Strongwaters, I am wondering how many of each item will be made. Having read Ron's latest post, I am debating which one to purchase. Perhaps some of our experts will have the answer re how many are being produced?

As far as the Hoover is concerned, I think that could make a good solid (especially if it worked) biggrin.gif Apologies Lisa......just had to slip that one in! I did have an idea for suggestions for new solids. If I find my way over there, I might just post! smile.gif

#20 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 07:40 AM

Oops, almost got swept away there ... sorry for getting off track, Lisa.

For me personally, NM is the better deal since, if I remember correctly, no sales tax is charged, and this is a big savings. Shari takes good care of you, plus holds shipment until you can get your gwp, plus throws in lots of goodies! I also like the rewards program offered by the EL NY and LV stores and always seem to end up buying several solids (as well as cosmetics) from Micky each year. She takes good care of you, too, but you pay sales tax and shipping.

#21 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 03:39 PM

Yes Martha, Shari is great!

I think what I am going to do is get the Strongwaters this Thursday for gift card event. If I get the bird in bloom, lily bouquet, pampered kitten and precious bird that is a total of $1000. I will then get the $100 gift card which I can use toward the shimmering sphere and pay the difference of $50.

I can then get the tulip quartet and boot at either NY or LV stores as well as any others and take advantage of the reward points there.

Micky has let me know she will have the Strongwaters and the boot on Monday. Please email her with any orders. wink.gif

#22 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:44 AM

Just a reminder to everyone that tomorrow is the gift card event at Saks!! biggrin.gif

#23 lmsw1

lmsw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 11:59 PM

I just had an odd thought: what if Estee Lauder released a solid in the form of a vacuum cleaner? or a toaster? or a flying toaster? This could be the start of something big! laugh.gif blink.gif tongue.gif

#24 leemary

leemary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:35 PM

In rehobeth beach, delaware at the tanger outlets there is a estee lauder store that sells perfume compacts. They are from prior years. I have bought several of them.lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users