23 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:49 PM

Hello everyone,

I was wondering to myself when is the best possible time to purchase solids with the best promotion? So I made up a list of who has what and when.

ESTEE LAUDER STORES IN NY AND LAS VEGAS

True rewards program- register with your SA, here's what you will get

$50.00 for purchases between $500.00 and $999.00
$150.00 for purchases between $1000.00 and $1499.00
$300.00 for purchases of $1500.00 and up.

The total amount you can get from each store (NY & LV) is $300.
Both NY and LV stores charge tax and shipping costs. Rewards points are reviewed every 6 months and membership is renewed in July. Points are on products only and not tax or shipping. Your reward points must be used within 6 months towards anything in the store including solids.

SAKS

This upcoming Thursday the 29th Saks will offer their gift card event. You will be intitled to a gift card if the following amounts are spent:

$25.00 gc for purchases up to $250
$50.00 gc for purchases up to $500.00
$100.00 gc for purchases up to $1000.00
$200.00 gc for purchases up to $$2000.00

I think it is only one gift card per account and points will go to your Saksfirst account if using your Saks charge. Base points + bonus points = total points. You can earn a gift card with total points earned. Saks offers douple and triple bonus point events.

I do believe Miss Gini from Bal Harbor Saks does not charge shipping costs. 305-865-1100

I am hearing that Saks will not offer their friends and family event this year.

Gift with purchase is offered late November.

NEIMAN MARCUS

Offers a bonus point program where a $125 gift card or other items are given when 5000 points are reached. Double bonus points are offered in October and November and on your birthday.

Gift with purchase is offered August 1st-11th.

BERGDORF GOODMAN

No sales tax outside New York or Texas.

I hope this helps if anyone has it all figured out let me know- my head is spinning!! rolleyes.gif

*I cannot guarentee that all of the above is 100% correct so if anyone has any questions please contact your store directly.*Saksfirst points program
Neiman Marcus incircle program

#2 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:51 PM

This is really helpful, Lisa! It is hard to keep up with all of the promotions and we definitely want to make it worth our while when spending $$$ on solids! wink.gif

Thanks, Jeanette

#3 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:11 PM

OK - we don't have an equivalent over here with points from stores, so for all you Aussies out there I suggest you save your CBA mastercard points and use them for vouchers at DJ's so you can use them for buying solids or actually getting them for 'free' if you accumulate enough points!! biggrin.gif

14,000 points = AUD$100 at DJ's

However, I just used my points for a new vacuum cleaner . . . . no smart comments please Michele / Jacky / Denise / Martha / Nancy. laugh.gif

#4 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:20 PM

Don't tempt us, Sandra. laugh.gif

#5 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 07:31 PM

This is so hard, it's painful! I'm keeping quiet. ph34r.gif

#6 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 08:15 PM

laugh.gif hee hee - that's 2 out of 5 so far . . . . we'll see if the others can hold their tongues!
laugh.gif

#7 Lauder Lover

Lauder Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 11:51 PM

Lisa, Thanks so much for the information on all the promotions. With all the Money we spend on these things we have to try and save where we can! I wish I would have known a little sooner because I already recieved my Strongwaters from Saks and had I known I would have asked my SA to hold on for another week. Darn! I will also post under the Strongwater topic that I recieved them all in Perfect Condition as far as I can see and they are Beautiful. My SA must check them over before she sends them because they are always great and I have purchased plenty from her. She usually tries to include me in the promotions also if she can. She is Sandy at the New York Saks and I just Love her! wub.gif

#8 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 01:08 AM

[I]Well Sandra, the best bang for your buck would obviously be.....a vacuum cleaner (hoover)! tongue.gif smile.gif

That's three out of five! smile.gif

#9 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:43 AM

Thanks for the info~Lisa. That's good to know.

Now, Sandra, I'm serious about the vacuum cleaner, what kind did you get? I'm going to purchase one soon.
Yes, Miss Jacky, it will be a Hoover. ohmy.gif

KK biggrin.gif

#10 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 06:10 PM

Well I didn't get a Hoover (brand) - I got a 'Nilfisk' . . . with the Pet pack (although my hair on the carpet is worse than that of my dog . . . . he doesn't malt - I do)!!
Good suction and lightweight . . . . nice colours. Still, my old Electrolux lasted a fair while . . . . 30 years in fact . . oops, am I giving away my age?

Again, I know I am leaving myself open here for smart comments, but please - refrain and just quietly chuckle to yourself . . . .

Michele!! Stop - I see you about to type on your keyboard . . . .

And Jacky!! Uh-uh. . . .

Martha . . . you too - keep it in . . . .

Denise . . . did I catch you about to post something funny about me??

Ach!! I GIVE UP!!! GO AHEAD and HAVE A GO!!! (Just make sure it's bloody funny! - Especially you, Don!)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#11 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 06:37 PM

Sandra, a couple of questions here since I'm confused. biggrin.gif Is a Nilfisk a brand name or a term you use for vacuuming? In other words, do you vacuum your carpet or nilfisk it? And where does the Pet Pack go and exactly what does it do? unsure.gif

#12 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 06:38 PM

Sandra it did kinda occur to us to wonder if vacuums in the land down under blow out instead of suck in since everything else seems backwards in Aussie land. laugh.gif ph34r.gif

30 years, wow. huh.gif

#13 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:17 PM

Martha, Nilfisk is the brand name. We don't "Hoover", we 'vacuum' the house. The Pet Pack is a special connection to use - it seems to have a 'roller' in it to pick up the hair from your pet. The vacuum itself has varying suction power, so it is quite powerful.

FYI Don, the vacuum can also be used as a blower!! laugh.gif (But not at the same time, obviously!!) laugh.gif

#14 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:19 PM

We are getting a little off topic here...... any thoughts or ideas about the best time or way to purchase solids? wink.gif

#15 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:35 PM

My thoughts exactly - sorry Lisa. Is there any way you can move part of this topic to another area?

I think the best time to purchase solids for price is about 6 months after their release (providing they are still in stock). It seems to me that that's when the US stores release them from their stock and have sales.

Obviously if they are extremely popular and limited in their production, then the best time to buy them is ASAP (but not off Ebay)!

It's hard to guess whether or not you'll miss out or not, but then again, with the amount of interest and input from this site, we should know which ones are going to be popular and which ones aren't . . . . that's if everybody VOTES!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users