• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 05:21 PM

Martha, I also agree with Jacky, but then again you have to weigh up the time and angst / agro build up. Whether or not its worth it to complain and go through the 'ordeal'.

And believe me, we all know what an ordeal some things can be. I'm not going to go into examples, but I understand why Martha went to the trouble herself of 'fixing' the solids!

Sometimes it is worth it to employ the saying "if you want something done you've got to do it yourself". Saves a lot in terms of mental stability, I think . . . . not that people who send things back are mental, but the whole ordeal could send one insane!! laugh.gif (depending on who you are dealing with)

#32 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 05:38 PM

Yes Sandra, it does drive me mad at times. But it would drive me even madder if I bought something and it wasn't right. I have a Mulberry Bag which I must take back to their store in Bond Street this week! I could fix the holes from the inside with black tape, but I am not prepared to do that. It is not a handbag but one that folds up and has wheels for travelling.

So, yes, it probably does make me a basket case at times. It takes all types! Martha must have worked so hard to fix that bird bath........I hope the Rep is reading this, and sends her a beautiful gift for the way she has behaved.

As for me, well, be glad I am not one of her customers!

Nite nite! smile.gif
[/color]

#33 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:11 PM

Martha,

I have fixed a couple of solids myself, mostly replacing missing stones. Just easier all around.
wink.gif

#34 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 08:22 PM

WOW MARTHA! ohmy.gif
YOU ARE VERY BRAVE! GLAD IT TURNED OUT SO WELL. DON'T THINK I COULD ATTEMPT TO REPAIR A NEW ITEM. WHEN THE FANTASY FLOWER FELL APART ON ME I WALTZED IT RIGHT BACK TO SAKS. MIGHT HAVE FELT DIFFERENTLY IF THE STORE WASN'T SO CLOSE AND WOULD HAVE HAD TO RETURN IT BY MAIL.
DON'T EVER LOSE THAT WONDERFUL ATTITUDE.
PHYLLIS

#35 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 08:49 PM

Hi Michele:
Thanks for the welcome back. Still laughing over all the controvery you stirred up. laugh.gif Never saw so many posts in such a short time. Responses from lots of members not seen before.

Whole heartedly agree with you on the Strongwater chair, one of his best and think the Bird in Bloom a close second.

Phyllis

#36 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 09:27 PM

Hi Phyllis - It really wasn't meant to stir up controversy...someone innocently asked for a photo of the kitty and it went downhill from there...all too fast. I honestly kept trying to end it, but it seemed like questions and opinions were falling out of the woodwork. Unfortunately, by the time the dust settled, things were said that should not have been said, feelings were hurt, and the topic turned to something it never should have. Yes, lots of members supported me...I'm sure many did not...but I'd rather see them here for better reasons, yes? Emotions were running at an all time high...possibly the "Blue Moon Factor?" Let's just chalk it up to that and let it go! rolleyes.gif

Regardless, I'm genuinely glad you're back...and also glad we have the same taste in solids! As I told Ron, the Hummingbird Box is going to be one of the most collectible, and I believe the Kitty in the Chair is going to be a close second! smile.gif

Take care...keep on posting!

#37 dante

dante

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:33 PM

Martha, I also concur with Sandra & Jacqueline.
I personally would return the item . As consumers we pay good money for things & I expect them to be in perfect condition, what sort of message does it send if we are willing to accept inferior products, the solids are expensive enough as it is. If there is a defect and it's the only one there,I always ask for a discount, often I get one wink.gif

Dante

#38 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:37 AM

In all the time I worked for Lauder a discount was never given, not on anything. Just their policy, it would gladly be exchanged or a refund given.

The damaged items would then go in the damaged merchandise and be sent back to NY.

#39 Solidcrazy

Solidcrazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 07:39 PM

HI Everyone,
I received my Strongwater solids today, the Cat and the Birdbath. They are gorgeous! Mine arrived in perfect condition with no breakage. I did notice though that the interior of the box packaging is different. The solids are just in the soft bag and can loosely shake around in the box. They don't have a custom fit piece of plastic inside to hold the solid secure. I think this may be why several of them are arriving broken. We all know how careful the carriers are with packages. They are so loose in the box, I'm sure they get tossed around inside. I didn't get the Hummingbird (opted for groceries with the $ instead) but now I am having second thoughts. ( Who needs to eat?) I am wondering if it is as nice as the cat and birdbath. In the picture he looks like he is on a box from the Dollar Tree. Maybe the photo just doesn't do it. We have no higher end stores here so there is no looking first. I enjoy reading all of your posts! Have a great day! Donna

#40 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:19 PM

Donna,

You hit the nail on the head about the boxes!! I do like the boxes but they do need a custom fit support to hold the solid in place. I think that would be a good thing to tell Lauder on the confrence call.

The bird in bloom box is really fantastic. A beautiful piece.
wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users