39 replies to this topic

#16 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:14 PM

Hi Woody-
Your perfumes aren't gonna melt in Pasadena- I am in Fresno 3 hours north east of you and it is 104 today- My perfunmes come from Las Vegas and it is 107 there- You are gonna love your area wence the summer is over- I moved here from Madison Wisconsin years ago- and haven't regretted it yet- Maybe if you are ever up towards Yosemite or me your way- we'll have to share our collections??

Mark

#17 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:34 PM

Thanks Mark! I think we will love it once we get all settled. We will have to have a California Solidperfume.com Chapter meeting soon laugh.gif

Now officially listed as California!

#18 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 02:10 PM

Hey Woody -
sounds like a good plan to start a California chapter- I am going to Wisconsin tomorrow- will tell the humidity and mosquitos that you miss them!!
See ya all in a week!!

Mark

#19 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:27 PM

Hello Martha, I loved your pictures. Blue is my favourite colour and I like the tulips vase because of that. I can't wait to see the Bird in Bloom. There is no substitute for a 'real' picture.

#20 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:02 PM

Awww . . . ain't it nice to see the fellas bonding?? laugh.gif

#21 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:03 PM

Martha - always the diplomat - love your work!! wink.gif

#22 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 11:22 PM

[

Martha,

I love your Stongwater photos! They are great. You have such great creative talent and a wonderful eye.

I wasn't really real excited about this year's.......but.....now.. I'ma Yearnin rolleyes.gif to have me one or two! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Or maybe three..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thanks for sharing these with us.

Mimi

wub.gif

#23 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 12:03 PM

Sandra I was feeling blue, until I read your post! Woody and Mark, am waiting for a come back to Sandra smile.gif These Aussies always got to have the last word eh!

smile.gif

#24 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 04:08 PM

Hi Mark

Sounds like you will be in my neck of the woods this weekend.

Glad to tell ya that it will be an absolutely beautiful weekend up here - 78 and sunny - very low humidity (as long as you are not too far east in Wisconsin)!!

And the mosquitos, well as usual, they are still here.. biggrin.gif

Hope you enjoy your trip!!

Lori

#25 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 06:16 PM

What's up, Jacky?? Why so blue??

Glad I made ya smile! biggrin.gif

Chin up . . . things could be worse - it could be raining as well!!

#26 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 09:35 PM

Thanks Martha and Michele

Your posts sure made me inspect the Strongwaters more closely than ever. Was very glad to be able to do so before purchasing. The first Tuplips I picked up a piece of the end "handle" came off in my hand. The piece on the back side must have already been missing or broken because it was not there but no piece fell off. Nice Surprise! The next one presented had a missing crystal. Found one that was perfect and have to admit that it is a really nice solid. But then I am one who loves the older enamels. The Lilys looked great but when trying to decide which of two were best I ran my fingers over the petals and ouch! thought there was a broken petal but then found it to be a glob of resin or some other rough material and then found another petal the same. No problem with the other one. Found a perfect Kitty on Chair and Bird in Bloom and Bird Bath. Never would have inspected so thoroughly without your posts. The Lilys disappointed me the most. After seeing the original sketch with the delicate flowers and vines trailing down the vase was expecting the finished product to be more delicate. Appears to me to be a big chunk of colored enamel. Suspect we might see many of them in the CC stores for a few years. Sort of like the Roller Coaster?

Phyllis

#27 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:28 AM

Hi Phyllis -

So glad to see you back...you've been away for too long! blink.gif Also very happy you found 3 good solids you love...that's the most important thing. smile.gif The more I look at my Kitten on the Chair, the more I just love it...precious. Did you check out the incredible detail on the back of the chair? Strongwater at his best, for sure.

Don't stay away so long...we missed you. wub.gif

#28 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:55 AM

Here's an update on my two-piece Birdbath. After much deliberation, I decided to repair it myself. I went to Wal-Mart and got an adhesive called Stik 'n Seal that you can use on metals, glass, brick, practically anything. Took a toothpick and meticulously placed the glue in the stem and waited for 5 minutes before I placed the top on the base. It's been 24 hours and am happy to report that it worked. I actually tugged at it, but it wouldn't give. I set it so it's not lopsided, either. I called my Saks SA and told her what had happened, and we both agree that this particular Birdbath most likely came apart during shipping. The Lily Bouquet arrived in perfect condition. I also relayed to her the problems with these two pieces. She is going to double check every piece that leaves her store.

#29 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 03:25 PM

Hello Martha, Please don't get upset with me, but my view is that when you pay money for an item and it isn't right, then it should go back.
If I buy flowers and they wilt the next day, I make sure to tell the seller i.e. if from a store. This has happened on various occasions, and they have given me my money back as well as replacing the goods. This may sound petty, but I have quoted only as an example!

I do feel very strongly that you should get what you pay for and if it was broken in transit, the item has been insured (at extra cost to the seller) so the charges come under their Insurance Cover.

I really admire and appreciate your patience and perseverance, but when paying top dollar, then I expect a perfect replacement.

smile.gif

#30 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 04:16 PM

Dear Martha -

With all due respect to your determination, sweetness and gentility, I have to concur with Jacky. One thing you're forgetting is that you paid the retail price for the piece...the seller paid about 40% of your cost. And they are insured...Jacky's so right. So for them to accept it as a return is only a "wash," financially speaking. But for you to sit there and laboriously glue a $225 piece together...

I guess, again, it's a matter of choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users