• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:04 PM

Here's a report on the Strongwater solids I received today.

1. The good news is that the Bird Bath was not leaning. smile.gif The bad news is that it arrived in two pieces. sad.gif A photo is posted in the Members Gallery so that you can see what is happening to this solid. There is a cylinder attached to the top that fits into the base. There is another piece (and I'm no engineer) that appears to somewhat anchor the top into the base. It also appears the the glue that holds it firmly together has completely given way. When I attach the top to the base it fits snugly. If you view the solid from one angle it does not appear to be leaning at all, but from the other angles it is slightly leaning (though not as badly as Michele's).

2. The Pampered Kitten is perfect ... what a gorgeous piece.

3. The Tulip Quartet I like very much and have posted a photo of this also.

4. The Bird in Bloom is exquisite and may be my favorite of the bunch.

5. The Lily Bouquet is back-ordered rolleyes.gif

P.S. The inner boxes are blue and gold with the solid tucked in a silk blue and gold pouch.

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:07 PM

biggrin.gif Bikini Birdbath!

Going to have a look Martha........ wink.gif

The colours are gorgeous. Hope I get to see them soon. Seems as though there are some teething problems to be sorted!

rolleyes.gif

#3 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:35 PM

Martha - You dragged me back in! biggrin.gif Your photo's are exquisite! The Tulip Planter looks so much prettier in your shot than I imagined. The pictures in the hand-outs did nothing for it, but your photo tells much more.

The Bikini Birdbath - "Some Assembly Required?" laugh.gif Do you see what I meant about the vine? Do you think that has anything to do with the separation? Great shot!

I don't see your Kitty in the Chair, but he's my favorite, too. And yes, I did keep both my Bird in Bloom (Hummingbird Box) and also the "good" Lily Vase. I don't imagine there will be too many of them made unless they are re-done weight-wise, so if you get a good one, keep it! Am glad I ordered 2 of that particular one. Fed-Ex picked up the sad ones today. sad.gif

#4 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:41 PM

Hi Jacky...Hi Sandra...Woody ~ I see you hiding out there! wub.gif

#5 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:54 PM

Michele, because of your terrible experience I was braced for the worse, so it was not so shocking to see the Bird Bath in 2 pieces. I tried to take pictures of the Pampered Kitty and Bird in Bloom, but lost the light outdoors. Maybe I'll try again this weekend. Anyway, glad I was able to "drag you back in." biggrin.gif

#6 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 07:06 PM

Yes Michele - good to see you back and 'chirped up' a bit . . . . thanks to Martha biggrin.gif

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 08:04 PM

Martha,

Thank you for the photos!

Sorry to hear about your birdbath sad.gif

Went to Saks today to peek at the three solids they had in, the bird in bloom, tulip quartet and pampered kitten and all three were perfect Really beautiful!!
They did not have in the birdbath or the lily vase because I think they may have stopped shipping those two because of the problems. I knew it would get worked out one way or the other.

Next Thursday the 29th Saks is having their gift card event, for every $250 spent you get a $25 gift card and for every $500 you get a $50 gift card. For more information please call your local Saks. There was another level but I am not 100% sure about it.

So from what I can tell, this is the same deal as the rewards points with the LV & NY stores, actually it is better in that there are no shipping costs and you can hand pick your own solids. biggrin.gif

#8 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 08:36 PM

What's interesting is how we all view these from different perspectives. Martha see's them from an aesthetic point of view, with the capacity to "know" the structural confines; Lisa see's the beauty in each with an eye for detail; Jacky see's the "realistic" side of each, while studying the color variations. I, on the other hand, am trying to piece it together. The placement of the vine over the brass fitting (in the column/shaft) has me confused. Am sure they'll come up with solutions soon.

#9 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:11 PM

Martha I love the pictures. Can you determine if the birdbath is having a problem with the engineering or is it a glue problem?

#10 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 10:28 AM

Hey Miss Martha,
Thank you for posting the gorgeous photos. Can't wait to see the kitty.
KK biggrin.gif

#11 lmsw1

lmsw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 11:07 AM

wow I am crossing my fingers that mine arrive from Saks ok... they sure look nice from the photos but you can never tell. huh.gif Thanks for the post!

#12 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:11 PM

Hi Martha,

When I first saw the Title of the Topic "Bikini Bird Bath", I started laughing so much! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Love your sense of humor!

Thanks for the beautiful Photographs, I will be at my Saks next week to see them in real life, and if I like what I see, I am buying!! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Denise

#13 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:18 PM

ph34r.gif I haven't ordered my Strongwater solids yet....my biggest concern is they will melt before they get here as it is in the high 90's everyday. Have been hitting the site and reading about the Strongwater issues. (Michelle thought I was hiding but I just couldn't always see through the plaster dust clouds whirling around our house laugh.gif laugh.gif ) Will be interesting to see if we hear anything from Estee.

Hope to surface again soon. Watch for a photo I am posting on the site of our blooming cactus tree. That is one thing we didn't have in Chicago.....have a good day everybody!

#14 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:45 PM

Thanks everyone for your nice comments on the photos. KK, when I was home for lunch today took a couple of shots of the Pampered Kitty (concentrated on the kitty) and the Bird in Bloom, so will post them this evening.

Pat, I don't know much about engineering (where's Ken?), but as Michele stated the vine that snakes up the base and winds around the bath is interfering with locking the two pieces together. Also, a little glob of glue is not going to hold it together, especially during shipping. These packages are not gently placed in a mail truck and when stood on end or thrown into a truck, the Bird Bath may come apart. As Lisa and Ann have said, I'm confident all will be worked out in the end.

Lori, when I first saw pictures of the Strongwater solids, I thought they looked heavy, too; but they are more delicate than they appear in the photos with maybe the exception of the Tulip Quartet.

#15 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:45 PM

Woody,

Yes, post some photos!!

I also noticed you location- it still says Chicago, you'll need to change that! biggrin.gif

I am in no rush to get the Strongwaters although next Thursday seems like the right time. smile.gif

Martha,

Yes I agree with you, they are quite delicate and it makes all the difference seeing and holding them close up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users