• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:12 PM

Just to let you know on this side of the ocean, that I bumped into one of the Organisers today.

She mentioned that the UK Chapter is trying to involve us with IPBA, i.e. so that we pay all the dues in Sterling and they will send the Dollars over to the States. It will be membership for IPBA plus their membership.

Hope this makes sense tongue.gif

Was told to email: terry@ipba-uk.co.uk

www.ipba-uk.co.uk

(phone) Lucy: 01342 842339

The Fourth Convention & Fair will be at the Europa Gatwick Hotel, 16th and 17th October, 2004..

Hope this will be of interest!

smile.gif

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:22 PM

Here a bit more info:

Oct 16, 2004 to Oct 17, 2004
IPBA UK Chapter Convention & Fair
Europa Gatwick Hotel, West sussex, near London
Two days of perfume bottle collecting fun, with presentations, and a fair featuring 20 or more dealers. The convention will be at the Europa Gatwick Hotel, which is near London's Gatwick Hotel on Balcombe Road, Maidenbower, West Sussex. Events on Oct. 16 are open only to IPBA members. The all-day fair on Oct. 17 will be open to the public as well.

Also, next years IPBA convention will be held in Texas:

Apr 28, 2005 to May 01, 2005
IPBA Annual Convention
Dallas, Texas
The four day annual IPBA convention begins Thursday with orientation and the Grand Opening of the Exhibit and Sale. It continues through Sunday noon with many presentations, keynote speaker, and other great events. Thousands of perfume bottles will be available for buying, selling and trading at the 17th Annual Convention of the International Perfume Bottle Association at the Hotel Inter-Continental in Addison, Tx., a suburb of Dallas. An auction of over 400 vintage and classic perfume bottles and related items takes place on Friday, April 29, and is open to the public. The fabulous Exhibition and Sale of perfume items is open to the public as well as convention attendees on Saturday, April 30, from 2 until 6 P.M., and on Sunday, May 1, from 10 A.M. until noon.

#3 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:28 PM

Thanks Lisa. Looks like we are all going to be busy again!

smile.gif

#4 lmsw1

lmsw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 11:09 AM

I haven't yet been to one of these. Do they let anyone in or do you need some sort of membership? Sorry for such a newbie question... unsure.gif

#5 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:10 PM

This will be my first UK convention. I'm not sure what to expect as I have been to two US ones and I doubt if it can compare. For a start I asked Terry (the UK treasurer) about room hopping and he said he thought the hotel would frown about that!!! Hey Angela, what do you make of that!!!!!????? sad.gif
I think we may get Estee Lauder to come and do a presentation though so that will be nice. (no bad comments please)
Lmsw, for certain things at the convention you have to be a member of the IPBA but at certain times they let the public in. It is much better getting in early though and as you know it's the early bird that catches the worm. tongue.gif

#6 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:03 PM

LMSW1,

To answer your question- yes, there is a membership required. It is $45.00 per year.
Membership includes the following:

Perfume Quarterly- 24 page full color publication
Annual Directory of more than 1500 IPBA members
IPBA Annual convention

If interested please send me a private email with your address and I will get an application with details out to you.

wink.gif

#7 Cocoallure

Cocoallure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 07:56 PM

Nancy~

I can't believe that they would frown on room hopping! That has to be my favorite part of the IPBA convention! Remember the Panda!

Honestly, it is lots of fun to go shopping in the rooms. An especially with Nancy! She has to be the best roommate in the world! Poor thing, I was dragging her in and out of the rooms until midnight. But we did find some great bargains!!!

Take Care!
Angela biggrin.gif

#8 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 11:31 AM

Hi Angela,

Glad to see you posting!! wink.gif

#9 Cocoallure

Cocoallure