• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#76 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 02:09 PM

Let me tell you what I imagine would be happening in your house if Lisa opened up her new "collection" and found what I did. First of all, you'd still be peeling her off the ceiling...and that's after you repaired the windows that were broken when the little solids flew through them. Then, you'd have been on the phone to Lauder, Strongwater, Saks and anyone else who had anything to do with this.

Michele,

No, that is not what would happen in my house because I consider myself a calm, even tempered person.

Would I be upset?? Yes, of course but only to a point. I would make a post about the situation on the site as you did because it is very important information for all us collectors to know and thank you for that but you are getting way too emotional and making personal attacks for no reason and honestly I don't see the point of going on and on about it.

I am not saying what has happened is OK because it is not not- yes, somethings slipped through the cracks that should have been caught but it happens. In the past problems like this have always been corrected.

This site is for posting opinions, ideas and anything else but when peoples feeling start getting hurt is when things are not "fun" anymore and yes, feeling have been hurt.

Enough said. cool.gif

#77 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 04:30 PM

Thank you Lisa,
I couldn't take any more of this!
KK

#78 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 04:34 PM

KK,
wink.gif

#79 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 07:15 PM

Michele,

I have known you for many years, even before this Site was created. I can read between the lines, and I know that your anger is really not about the Strongwater Solids but about another issue.

Even though we are no longer friends, I am still worried about you. I ask you to talk to people that you trust, I ask you to seek help.

Please talk to people, I beg you.

Denise

#80 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 08:08 PM

Hi Jack -

Have to give at least one last answer here...regarding your quote of the little snippets of my posts...I could give you thousands of "quips" to quote, and if taken out of context without reading the entire subject, they would look ridiculous. But if you read the book, it would make sense. The book is the Bible.

As far as you counting my individual posts, I didn't know we were keeping score.

Lisa - No one's feelings should have been hurt. If I struck a nerve unintentionally, that's entirely different. There's been far too much hurt inflicted on some members here over a long period of time, and they've left the site for months on end. Some have left forever. I wasn't the one doing it...but possibly that's why more new members can't bring themselves to post.

Denise - Now what the "L" are you talking about? You're just upsetting and scaring other members....stop it.

user posted image

#81 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 08:42 PM

I think the best thing to do from here is move on..... no hard feelings from anyone including myself and Jack.

We will just wait and see what happens with the solids, I promise all will turn out well.

biggrin.gif

#82 dante

dante

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 02:45 AM

Martha,

does this answer your question as to perhaps why new members don't comment often wink.gif

#83 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 05:15 AM

Hello Dante.......glad to see you on the board!

Don't worry about anything. We all know one another (those that post)! (Even some that don't). This is just a storm in a solid teacup and will soon blow over! Just different opinions on various factors.

Keep smiling smile.gif and writing......

Keep in touch.....long time no (hear)!

smile.gif Jacqueline

New members...... smile.gif

#84 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 05:41 AM

No Jacky - This one won't blow over. And thanks a million for everything. mad.gif

Martha - You found the problem with the Vase...that's what this board should be about. The base is too light to hold the size and weight of the Vase and Floral Arrangement. That's probably why they couldn't find one good Lily Bouquet for Las Vegas...I believe it was one of 2 missing...that and the Kitty on the Chair.

Dante and anyone else - I'm sorry you had to be a party to the "end" of this. I expected better. But you're right about new members. They better know that they are being watched, judged, censored and criticized in emails flying around the globe. I personally don't comment on posts in emails...I just put it right out there. Probably a bad choice, but it's better than talking behind people's backs and starting ugly rumors.

Have a good day.

ps...I took my own pictures down by my own choice...no one asked me to do it. Don't want another rumor started here. Lately it's just not a nice place to be.

#85 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 08:17 AM

[I]Hello Michele, Well the Vase could have blown over. It was wonky enough!

Yes, the board is for self-expression. Yes, I agree with your sentiments re the solids and I would have been p.................. off too!

So, let's hope there will be an amicable solution and the remainder of the solids turn out OK. And........thank you for bringing this to our attention Michele. At least the warning light is up, and I am sure there will be alot of double checking going on right now with the Reps.

As Sandra would say, 'good on ya girl' if that is the correct Aussie sentiment!

smile.gif smile.gif

#86 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 11:22 AM

Where can I buy solids signed by Strongwater?
Ar

#87 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 12:11 PM

Ar,

I am working on getting a list of Jay Strongwater signings. Best thing to do is call your local Saks store and ask when and if Jay will be there. If Jay won't be coming for a signing near you, you can order them at a store where he will be and the SA's will have them signed for you and mail them out.
wink.gif

#88 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:49 AM

Lisa,
Thank you. I thought maybe there was a secret hideaway where Jay Strongwater lurks, waiting to sign compacts!
I got some signed two years ago, I guess by Conte, at Neiman Marcus. I wonder if the signature is really worth much...
Ar

#89 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:24 AM

Ar,

From what I understand Jay will be doing signings in five stores. I saw if you have the opportunity to have Jay sign them than great, I think it is a cool thing.

The list of stores Jay will be signing in is being worked on now, hopefully I will have it in a week or so. wink.gif

#90 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:15 PM

Phew!! I'm glad I don't collect Strongwaters!! I hadn't read this topic before, but it was brought to my attention so I had to have a look.

I must say that I'm absolutely GOBSMACKED by what's gone on here! (ie slanging) - So unnecessary in light of the events of the past month or so where I thought we'd all made peace of some sort because we were in unity over Michaela's death . . . .

Well - that didn't last long for some, did it? We must remember that there ARE more important things!!

For the record, like most of you, I totally support Michele (yeah - don't fall off your chair - it's a first!) in the fact that she should NOT have received goods in such poor condition (and signed even! - tch!!). I'd be mighty angry too and p .. . . . off!

Yeah - you go girl and vent your anger! There are many people to point the finger at, but like you said "Spit happens" . . . as does the other thing. How did it go past at least 4 people to get to you like that?

Because NO-ONE cares!! (But the consumer). They just take the money and ship it off without REALLY looking! Happens probably more than you know, but when you're paying for quality, you deserve it. There's no excuse for rubbish being sent out. Michele, you should get more than your money back or replacement for that amount of goods and poor service. You should get a formal apology and maybe a 'gift or voucher' of some sort.

Don't let other people comments make you more angry . . . - just put your comments out there for people to make up there own mind - you've said enough - I am disappointed in Jay as well for signing a crap piece and letting it through the nets - I'm sure if he realised what happened he'd personally MAKE SURE it NEVER happened again if he was worth his salt. mad.gif

But you know - we're all human. That's just it. And some people don't have the same understanding of quality like we have. That's why we collect and they buy to resell. Others are only in it for the money. We know that. blink.gif

Take it easy girl, you've had your scream - now send them back (with a nasty letter) and don't buy from there again. sad.gif

I'm with you on this one. Chin up! cool.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users