100 replies to this topic

#31 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:34 AM

Pat -

I'm sure yours will be ok...let's be calm and wait & see. And yes, my Fiery Fox is my very favorite Strongwater to date. Probably always will be! rolleyes.gif

At least we can easily return them to Saks...they did not make any fuss over it at all, and were just as upset as I was. Gotta give them that much! smile.gif And I do not blame them, for sure.

Now, unless I want to get in hot water, must run....

#32 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:44 AM

Michele, thanks very much for posting the Pampered Kitty and the Bird Bath. See what you mean about the Bird Bath ... GOOD GRIEF ohmy.gif But the Pampered Kitty is just exquisite (IMHO biggrin.gif ). Thanks, again.

#33 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:50 AM

I could be wrong on this and will ask but my understanding is that the EL Strongwater solids are made at the Victoria Co. not at the Strongwater Co. And this may be the price he has to pay ( low quality) to get his stuff sold by EL.

His name is on them as "designer" not maker.

I have NEVER had a Strongwater box/frame/clock that I had to send back.

Ann

#34 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:00 PM

Well, I missed my appointment to give blood, and I'm sure I'm going to absolutely endear everyone to me with this post, but:

I do not give a rat's butt if these are made at the Strongwater Co., Victoria & Co., or in Taiwan..."HE" is not paying the price for anything....WE ARE! mad.gif

#35 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:04 PM

And furthermore... laugh.gif laugh.gif (here she goes)...I agree about the frames; however, I did order a Deer from North Park and when he arrived, my first thought was..."Oh my God, somebody shot the poor thing!" He had a major hole in his chest...had to go back for another! So...even at Neiman's...boo-boo's happen and are sent out.

Oh Lord, my cat is eating my pc mouse....really...he is.....jeezzzzz...................

#36 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:09 PM

Michelle, I'm still calm. I just feel bad that yours weren't perfect. Can't wait to get mine in. It's like waiting for Christmas!

Martha, I agree - the pampered kitty looks fabulous!

I'm at work so have to check back later..Pat

#37 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:51 PM

--- How in the world are we paying the price when we can send them back?????

The price he is paying is to his reputation and loss of future sales.

Ann

#38 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:16 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm!
More turmoil, I see ph34r.gif unsure.gif
Thanks for all the info. ohmy.gif
KK biggrin.gif

#39 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:36 PM

I am with Michele!!!!!!!!!! I would [will] be DAMN MAD if my Strongwaters show up wretched like hers!!
It is like buying a Lalique vase and when you unwrap it it has a chip in the rim or a crack- When we as collectors and consumers buy items- especially at $200.00 + it should be perfect- The person that packed those nasty items need to be instructed about quality control. If mine comes in nasty like those=- I will be pitching a FIT!!!!!! Not only to my sales rep- but to EL and Strongwater! The photos that Michele posted are aweful- can we only imagine what they look like in person? We need to stand united and demand perfection with these items- cause if we collectors in this site don't buy them- EL might have to cut production way down and suffer!!!

I am with you and your frustration Michele!!

Mark

#40 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:41 PM

I totally agree we should demand the best solids --what I am talking about is that we do have the option of returning and getting the best solid back. And I will be the first one to return mine.

Wish I could say the same thing about what is bought on Ebay.

But until we get the warehouse mess cleaned up -- what is returned will end up on ebay. So I am saving my energy for yelling about that. My blood pressure will only allow one fight at a time laugh.gif laugh.gif

We are in control of what we buy but not in control of what is sold.

Before I get yelled at for that statement -- In principle we have control of what is sold by not buying it but in reality EL can quit making them as they are not a money making thing to them and then what??? Seems a calm approach and hav ing talks with them might be the way to go . If it doesn't work then I will submit and buy the feathers and the board can buy the tar.

Ann

#41 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 03:39 PM

Ann,
I never said to be picky is a bad attribute, as I said I'm picky myself.

I think it's hard for us "strangers" with these Strongwater solids.
We have to pay taxes on them here in Switzerland and when we send them back we won't get the taxes back......why???...don't ask me....it just it the law. I once had this problem with a Harrods solid. Is there anyone living next to the Manhasset or Las Vegas shop who could check them for me before they will be sent out???
Brigitte

#42 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:06 PM

Ann -

I agree with you 100% on mostly everything...however, you can't imagine how disappointed and yes, heartbroken, I was to see these solids. But who exactly is in control of "what is sold?" Only the very best, at these prices, should be out there. No more, no less. We should not have to go to the trouble and grief of re-packing and shipping them back...it just should not happen. Oh, I realize it's not a perfect world and from time to time things happen, but why is this a regular occurrance?

How many of us have been less than thrilled with a solid we've paid anywhere from $150 to $400 for, and yet we've kept them? I know I have. Why? Because it's just less trouble all around, and at some point one just throws up one's hands and says, "What the "L"...or, as my granddaughter's bib says: "Spit Happens" wub.gif

"We" are under NO obligation to "Clean up the warehouse!" I would hope the powers that be are aware it's their responsibility. And PLEASE do not tell me these disasters I'm returning are going to be on eBay. I would hate to see anyone pay top dollar +++ only to receive a bent Lily Vase, or a slanted Birdbath, or a cat choking up something ugly. I mean really...

Opening up a package from Estee Lauder should not be a SURPRISE! We should know exactly what is in the box and the quality should not even be a question.

And if you think that not buying their Solids will help, you're wrong. The money is made in all their cosmetic lines, from La Mir to Bobbi Brown to Clinique to Estee Lauder and on and on. The only way to make them feel it would be to stop buying their cosmetics, creams, lotions, potions, colognes, perfumes, etc., and who of us is willing to do that? Well, maybe I could. Their prices have jumped right up there with Sisley and Natura Bisse, and God knows that's good stuff. So yes, I could switch from Lauder to another cosmetic firm. And there ARE others!

I truly believe that the solids are more of a headache to Lauder than anything else. But they do one thing for the company...they attract new cosmetic customers. And therein lies the bottom line. The money is in the jars, bottles, and containers. NOT in the solids or powder compacts.

There is a solution for collectors, and that is to only buy what you love. I no longer feel the need to have every single solid out there just because it's there. From now on, if it's not in my heart, and I don't love it from the first glance, it's not coming into my home. This experience has taught me volumes, and it hopefully will not happen again.

Mark - thanks for your support. I'm shocked, but pleasantly surprised.

And one more time, let's all remember....

laugh.gif "SPIT HAPPENS!" laugh.gif

#43 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:09 PM

Brigitte-- I knew how you meant it biggrin.gif and you are right we both are picky. biggrin.gif
Picky is a good thing. biggrin.gif

Have you spoken with Micky??? She will double check them before they are sent.

Do not understand the tax laws here or there. sad.gif

I don't have to pay taxes on the solids I get from Neiman Marcus but have to pay Sak's , LV & NYC Spa the tax for our state. Every state here has a different tax amount. It is 8 1/2 % here.
Harrods we get the VAT removed from the bill before it is charged so it saves us a little.

Ann

#44 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:26 PM

Michele- I have never bought EL cosmetics ( as you could see in LV) . laugh.gif laugh.gif

I know that it is the hope of EL that the GWP and the solids will bring in people to buy the cosmetics but how many of the solids collectors have now started spending money on EL cosmetics??

I have a life time supply in my closet from the GWP. laugh.gif laugh.gif

We have been saying on here for a very long time to only buy what you love and do not buy (new ones) for resale.

When I used the we in cleaning up the warehouse sale I was speaking of Ken & I .
Ken & I are under no obligation to fight for this cause but we wanted to try.
Our biggest fear is that EL will get tired of this and stop making the solids so our aim is to work with them and the collectors to bring about good relations and a better product. Rome was not built in a day but brick by brick we are getting there.

Should have helped Ken with the yard work today biggrin.gif and stayed off the computer. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Keep up the discussion it does help.

Ann

#45 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:27 PM

And then again, there are the Oprah Winfrey's, the Jennifer Anniston's, the Elton John's out there who are busy stocking their homes with Strongwater pieces.

Do you honestly believe:

A: They go out and shop for them on their own?

B: Any are ever received damaged?

NO! IT WON'T HAPPEN TO ANY OF THEM! Believe me, Jay Strongwater has made it very clear that people in their element get nothing but the best. On the other hand, we, the lowly collectors who have supported him forever, are merely speed bumps in his life of luxury. And Ann...he's not suffering.

I'm very tired as this is like beating one's head against a brick wall...will check back in tomorrow. Hope all goes well for one and all until I "see" you again! smile.gif

Take care...be well....be kind... wub.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users