100 replies to this topic

#16 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:32 AM

Pat -

I can't describe the color of the Bird in Bloom's "box." It's not red...and I've forgotten the names of my Crayola crayons (that's because my brother always got the new ones...I got his old, used stubs...mostly black...no box...) mad.gif

It's sort of a dark flesh color...or a mauve that went bad...I can't explain it, I'm sorry. It's ok...very intricate and well designed...but it's a BOX...and I just don't get it. I imagine some (most) would say it's the prettiest of all, but again, individual preference takes over here. Also artistic mentality, which I do not have! biggrin.gif

#17 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:35 AM

Thank you Michele. Will definitely have mine checked if being forwarded from the States....

I bet you were mad!

huh.gif

#18 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:37 AM

Michele, one other request. Let us see the Birdbath, too. I want to see how bad it is (so I'll know what to look for when mine arrives.) Thanks.

#19 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:39 AM

Re: Lily--- I am no Strongwater expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night laugh.gif and some of the Strongwater boxes that I have are designed with the open work between flowers.
On the boxes it is OK because the insides are finished .

Ann

#20 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:40 AM

Mad is not the correct word. I actually got sick to my stomach. THEN I got mad!

I'm trying to calm down, Ann. It's not working.

Lisa -- Can you imagine the paperwork the SA's are going to have to do with all the returns...just mine alone! I hope they don't try to re-sell them to anyone else. (I KNOW that Vase and Birdbath will go back to Victoria & Co....probably be picked up by realgoldfinger!)

Martha - Will try to get a separate shot of the cat, but a close-up of this one was difficult. The kitty keeps focusing out. It enlarges in the members section? I'll try....be back soon.

#21 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:42 AM

Jeeezzzz, Martha...you want it all! laugh.gif Ok, will give it a shot, although I'm such a lousy photographer...give me a few minutes....

#22 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:42 AM

Thanks Michelle I was thinking the colors would be more vibrant - at least they looked brighter in the pictures sent with the order form. I think the designs are pretty though. Will just have to check them over when they get here.

Lisa - when you say bonus points are you talking about the true rewards program? I don't get it. How does this affect quality of solids being sent out?

#23 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:06 AM

I am not losing faith in Jay, like Ann I do believe this will all be worked out. wink.gif

#24 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:15 AM

Lisa -I do have this on the list for discussion Aug. 4 under the catogory of "Fewer solids/ lower prices/ better quality.

As Brigitte says , I am picky. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ann

#25 Astrid

Astrid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:16 AM

Michele,

I'm very sorry for you ! So bad to hear about worse NEW solids sad.gif

I will order mine from Micky, and I really hope she then checks everything.

#26 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:20 AM

Ok Martha...they are in the Members Gallery. Jack...don't let them in too long. They are sooooooooooo bad!

The Kitty I'm keeping is perfect....no junk under his little nose. Really adorable! smile.gif

And yes, Astrid. From now on...strictly Micky. She knows how picky I am...and she's not just "all talk." She really cares.

#27 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:23 AM

Took a look at your photos of the bird house and that's what the first 2001 birdhouses looked like . Some of them were crooked and we just sent them back and got straight ones.

The only effect this has is on "dealers" that want to be the FIRST to have them on Ebay and sell them for much more than retail.

Don't understand the panic.

Ann

#28 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:25 AM

I'll tell you right now they're not getting these. These are going back to Sak's on Monday! With wings on them!!!

#29 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:28 AM

I think they will be beautiful when they get here. I only have one Jay Strongwater and that is the Fiery Fox which I really like. It just makes one a little nervous to spend a lot of money on the new ones and not know what they will look like when they arrive. Bottom line - they shouldn't have to be sent back at all. Just my opinion. Be sure to ask them about this Ann. Thanks.

#30 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:29 AM

I'm not panicking, Ann. I'm steamed. If I ran a company like this, I'd be damn certain nothing left the plant before I checked it thoroughly. With the prices he commands, he has absolutely no excuse for any of this. I'm sorry, but this is inexcuseable behaviour on Mr. Strongwater's part...especially the signing of that Vase. You can't tell me he didn't notice the unusual "feel" of it...it's his work. He's responsible for making sure it's done right.

The End....sorry to be so negative, but I'm still upset. And I must run...appointment to keep...

Luv you all! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users