• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 05:47 PM

I still don't believe it, but received a call from my Saks SA that she had received limited quantities of all the Strongwaters except the Lily Bouquet. The sphere has not arrived yet either. Was it this early last year? Anyway, thought I would pass this information along as know there are many Strongwater fans out there. biggrin.gif

#2 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 06:15 PM

Hi Miss Martha,
Thank you for this info IT'S GREAT NEWS!
KK

#3 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:43 AM

Does anyone have a picture of the cat on the chair yet?????

#4 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:17 AM

Good morning, Nancy -

I don't quite know how to tell you all this, and hopefully you'll have better luck than I, but I received my "signed" Strongwater solids yesterday...6 of them...and all but the Kitty are going back.

This will be a negative post, but I do want you all to be aware that there are some serious problems with the solids, plus personal preference will determine whether or not you buy/keep them.

First...the Birdbath...I did not even take a photo of this one because it's ridiculous. The "bowl" where the water goes is so tipped over that if it were real, the water would run over the edge. It's going back.

Second...the Lily Vase...and this one almost gave me a heart attack...thankfully, I ordered 2; however, they're both going back. The bouquet has more holes than Swiss Cheese (although it is a huge solid), and the first one I opened looked like this:

user posted image

A teensy bit crooked at the base, don't you think. And Jay SIGNED it??? How could he do that and let it be sent out. I would have chucked it right in the trash at Saks! You don't believe he signed it? Here goes:

user posted image

So, because of his lack of caring, and because of all the "holes" in the bouquet, both are going back. (I tried to stand this one up in my vitrine for a test, but it toppled over.)

The Kitten on the Chair...the most adorable of them all...however, there was something brown seeping out of one's nose, so he's going back. Am keeping the cute one...it's perfect.

The Bird in Bloom....maybe I just don't get it...it's lovely, but after looking at the Lily, the Kitten, and the Birdbath, I'm sure there must be something wrong with it, so it's going back also.

So, we have 3 that are sort of the best...the Kitten, the Bird in Bloom, and one Lily, albeit with more holes than the Titanic, depending on how you turn it. Here you go, although am sure someone else (Ann...Don/Margaret....) can take a much better photo...

user posted image

Out of all of them, the only one I'm keeping is the "good" Kitty, and I cannot put into words how disappointed I am, not only in the solids but in Jay Strongwater. Perhaps it's time he stopped flitting around the world, signing everything that is not nailed down, and got back to business. Check quality control, Jay! Look at what they're selling on eBay, Jay! We do not want QUANTITY...we want QUALITY!

Again, perhaps I just got a little unlucky, but if you order them over the phone, please be sure you check them out thoroughly when they arrive.

Oh...the boxes are quite plush...but I'm not paying that kind of money for a pretty box and silky lined pouch.

Jay...wake up...look at what your employees are doing! HOW COULD YOU SIGN THAT LILY BOUQUET???

Have to go write a letter to Mr. Strongwater...with 5 little words...

"BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!"

ooops...where's Sandra when I need her? That was 5 Little Words! Not 6! laugh.gif It's that blonde thing creeping in again! blink.gif

#5 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:26 AM

Michelle, this is very disappointing news. I've ordered all of them and will be looking closely at them when they arrive. I think I will also call my SA to check them before sending them out. When you say holes in the Lilly vase do you mean there are holes in the flowers or the base?

#6 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:27 AM

Did you also get the tulip quartet? How does that one look?

#7 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:36 AM

Hi Pat -

There are large gaps between the flowers...you can see into the inside and it's not terribly pretty. Also, if you display it "front and center" it's not round...the right side sort of caves in (the bouquet.)

No, I did not order the Tulip planter...thank God. Can't take any more surprises! sad.gif I ordered 2 Lily Bouquets, 2 Kittens, 1 Bird in Bloom, 1 Birdbath...that's 6...and that's $1,575 I believe for 3 damaged solids, 1 not so great, and 1 "iffy."

Please, please check out the one's you ordered. The SA's had nothing to do with "looking at the solids." They just sent them "upstairs" in their boxes, Jay signed them, and they were whipped to the Shipping Department. However, after my call yesterday, they will be checking each one before it goes "upstairs" and in the future, the "signings" will be held at the Estee Lauder Counter. The next one is in October.

#8 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:48 AM

One more irritating little detail...no "Certificates of Authenticity" were given out. Does he think they are not expensive enough to warrant a Certificate? How do I know whether Jay Strongwater signed them...or the Department Manager???

Boy, I'm having a major heat flash here.....

#9 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:04 AM

This happens every year and that is why it is important to have a good SA that will look at them before sending them. The first solids are always the worse. They will end up on ebay . laugh.gif

The first year I bought retail biggrin.gif I had to send the rocking horse back 3 times. And the first Harrods building was horrible, but got good ones in the end.

The good news is that you CAN send them back and get a good one unlike Ebay.

So don't give up.

And you folks overseas -get someone to check them out before mailing.

This signing thing does get out of control--- When Bob Conte was doing them he signed anything put in front of him even if he didn't design it. laugh.gif laugh.gif
I doubt if Mr. Strongwater even looked at the solid .

Ann

#10 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:07 AM

Thanks Michelle. I think I'm going to have a major heat flash also. Can't believe how lopsided the lilly vase is.

#11 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:13 AM

Hi Ann -

That was a thought I had when I ordered them..."these are the 1st...are they going to be ok?" Then I called again to have my SA check out the Lily Bouquet and she said they were not there yet...they were being couriered over, which did concern me, but I let it go, thinking she would check them out. Not!

I seriously doubt if anyone would put any of the one's I'm returning on eBay...they are so noticeably bad, it's heartbreaking! sad.gif

Again, I do hope anyone who ordered from this "First Batch" has better luck than I. That will teach me to order from anyone other than Micky! laugh.gif She checks EVERYTHING!

#12 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:15 AM

WOW!!! Michele,

Very important information you provided to all of us. I think there will be huge problems with all the solids being sent from Las Vegas and New York because of the bonus points.

I would make sure your SA knows to check the solids before sending them out!!!

#13 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:15 AM

They may have stopped doing the certificates as they were kind of worthless as they could be put with any Strongwater solid not just the one you bought since the solids are not numbered.

As far as him signing --I have bought signed boxes/clocks/frames and his solids weeks after an event so I do know that a bunch are signed and put on the shelf as with the certificates.

Just calm down and start over . biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I have learned over the years that having them first is not a good thing.

Ann

#14 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:17 AM

Michelle, is the base on the humingbird brown? I thought it was going to be more of a red color?

#15 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:31 AM

Michele, thanks so much for the report, althought very disappointing. sad.gif Mine have already been shipped and, like you, if they are not perfect they will be returned. I've had good luck in the past, so will keep my fingers crossed. Love the Pampered Kitty! Would you put a photo in the Members Photo section so we can enlarge it and get a better view? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users