105 replies to this topic

#91 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:20 PM

[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]Hi Barb-
I am glad you are liking the phone- It was nice for me too- but- alas- It needed a home of someone who desired it- Glad I could help
Hey Woody- What part of Pasadena are you in? I love all of it and now you will be closer to the Rose Bowl Swap Meet- you should be able to find some solids there!!

Mark

#92 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:28 PM

Hi MarK:

I didn't know that one could acquire EL solids at the Rose Bowl swap meet! When is it?

#93 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:07 PM

B]Wow, that's worn me out reading that whole subject.
That's gotta be the best response to one topic ever!!
Well done Martha biggrin.gif
I know I should post more but because I work on computers all day it's a bit like a busman's holiday, coming home and logging on sad.gif
It has taken me just over an hour to read this topic alone, which is why I suppose a lot of people don't post more often... I now need somebody to send over that little dust fairy as the housework has not been done tonight.
Also some of the others seem to say all there is to say! wink.gif
I have learnt loads form this site though and made some great frinds that I know I can count on if I need to and I hope they feel the same about me.
I feel like I've had a coffee morning tonight catching up with all your gossip.
Lisa, I a so jealous of your beautiful nails.
New members welcome and enjoy your solids and this site biggrin.gif
My favorite solid from last year was the birds nest and I think this year it will be the bird bath....
I always, always post in the polls and loojk forward to seeing if my opinion matches everyone elses. tongue.gif
I may not post often but I make up for it when I do by doing major essay's when I do blink.gif
Love to all
Maggie cool.gif[/B]

#94 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:34 PM

Yes, well done Martha!

The first solid I ever owned which is sentimental to me is the Blue Butterfly Solid. Then after I divorced my 2nd husband, I was really broke, so I had to sell it which bothered me for a long time. sad.gif

But I bought it back again and I still love that Compact! I love all my Strongwaters, and like Maggie, I love the Bird's Nest. I have a gut feeling that one of the "new" Strongwaters is going to be my favorite this year. I can't wait to see them in real life.
rolleyes.gif

#95 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:41 PM

Hiya Barb-
ohmy.gif You have never been to the Rose Bowl Swap Meet???????????? It is one of the biggest and best swap meets in the area- When I 1st moved to Fresno- Friends and I would sell down there- I found many EL perfume solids there- not the new ones but many older ones- I even met Barbra Striesand there one Sunday- but that was years ago- [15]. You gotta go- AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Mark

#96 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:49 PM

Barb, many congratulations to you for getting the slot machine!!! I am green with envy ofcourse but it was far over my budget anyway. Maybe I will be able to get it the next time I am offered a redundancy pay biggrin.gif

Lisa, I know exactly what you mean with nails being a working tool. I work as a typist but I am to lazy to manicure my nails so sometimes I have to clip/cut (?) them down which makes it almost impossible for me to use the keyboard. I do type superfast as long as my nails are intact.

About languages, I do prefer writing English than to speak it. At least it gives me some opportunity to make a pause and check spelling and grammatics and I have more time to find the right words. Actually, I am just as hopeless when it comes to Swedish coming to think about it, I can get really stuck with finding the right words.

Karin

#97 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:55 PM

wow Denise - you seem to collect international husbands. I really think you should try an Aussie one . . . . . I'm sure you'd appreciate a nice bushman . . . !!

Barb - congrats on the Slot Machine - it seems to be the Slot Machine is making a comeback after everyone went off it because it was changing colour . . . . interesting!!

Now, anyone out there got a carousel for me?

#98 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:15 PM

Hi Barb, I think the Rose Bowl is the 2rd Sunday of the month. Irvine(the Groves) Is the first weekend and Long Beach is the 3rd. I have seen solids at all of them. Lainey (your neighbor)

#99 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:44 PM

Sandra, I really don't think a Bushman would be quite right for Denise laugh.gif

Maggie I think we had better catch up over the phone!

The Rose Bowl sounds really fantastic. If I tell you how many Fairs I have been to in the U.K. and found zero! Still waiting for a reply if anyone has heard of a trinket box in the shape of a baby in a pram by E.L. I was assured it WAS an Estee Lauder, but there was no signature. Ann have you heard of this one or was the person assuring me, being taken for a ride by her E.L. contact!?

smile.gif

#100 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:10 PM

Is a pram like a baby stroller???

I have never heard of a EL solid like that.

There is a Max Factor cart but it has flowers in it.

Jay strongwater has a baby "pram" box with a picture of a baby. Ebay #4312327680

Rucinni maks a LOT of boxes that look like EL and it could be one of those.
We use to could tell right away the Rucinni boxes because they have the the magnetic closure. I guess that is why I think of the new EL closures as cheap.
Rucinni boxes wholesale for $6.95.

There are very few EL that are not signed. When in doubt don't buy unless it is VERY reasonable.

I will keep asking around about it.

Ann

#101 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:09 PM

LOL! I am laughing so hard that I can hardly type!

Sandra, yes, I collected 2 International Husbands! Think I will go after an Aussie Man next, I do talk to a couple online, and I say "g'day Mate!" biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

But a Bushman? Stop making me laugh! laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

#102 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:17 PM

C'mon Denise - I know you Americans liked Mick 'Crocodile' Dundee and Steve 'Crocodile Hunter' Irwin . . . . so, you just never know!!

EL should bring out a solid in the mould of a crocodile, hey?

#103 dante

dante

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:10 AM

[COLOR=purple]Hi All,
I am one of those members that hardly ever post. Though visit all the time to catch up with what's going on, a bit voyeuristic I know, but some of us prefer to watch... ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

Like others I find it a bit daunting, but know if I ever have any questions I'll get plenty of responses from everyone. biggrin.gif

Dante

#104 lmsw1

lmsw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:55 AM

yes it can be daunting to pipe up, but it's nice to end up having a conversation of sorts. Hey EL has a solid perfume crocodile bag, which is sort of a crocodile's cousin, right? I'd like to see a gecko!

#105 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 05:38 AM

Sandra,

Yes, when I first saw Paul Hogan as "Mick", I was attracted to him, but that Linda snagged him! And yes, EL should make a Croc Solid. rolleyes.gif

lmsw1, yes, I saw that Croc Bag, almost like a cousin. smile.gif

Dante, so you like to watch? ph34r.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users