• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#76 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:56 PM

Mark loved reading your post and am looking forward to seeing your pix.....

Lisa, I understand now about the magnetic closures. That looks like a cricket, grasshopper......?

And Denise, I wondered where you had gone........Ughm!......

smile.gif

#77 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:56 PM

Yeah Lisa, I was just going to say that I see why you have problems with the fingernails in the solids - nice manicure. How do you manage to play so much tennis and not break them?

#78 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:57 PM

Yeah, beat you to it Sandra! smile.gif biggrin.gif

#79 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 06:23 PM

Only just, Jacky - I was interrupted! Drats!! laugh.gif

#80 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE(Mark @ Jul 14 2004, 05:50 PM)
Hi everyone,
It's the notorious Mark here- a realitively new member- I have written in the past and kinda got chewed out royally for posting -  cause I sold 2 of my lesser adored solids to pay for my redone FANTASTIC looking  front yard.

Hi again Mark! Glad to see ya 'round posting again . . . let's not go back to that first post of yours!! laugh.gif laugh.gif Ya gotta laugh!

As I remember it you got a hell of a lot of support as well! cool.gif

Take it easy and remember that everybody admires a bloody good garden!

#81 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 06:44 PM

Lisa -

I have no idea what that thing is on your hand, but if it were in my yard I'd be hammering a "House For Sale" sign into the lawn with one hand and throwing boxes into a moving van with the other!

Gotta' give you credit....what on earth is it and why aren't you stepping on it? blink.gif

#82 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 07:10 PM

Thanx again for your support and words of encouragments- I just went out and tried to take pix of the yard- It just won't focus up to my camera- to show it in proper perspective and appreciation- I have a before pix- but that won't do any good either- as it looks like a bloody jungle- Just take my word that 5 tons of flagstone in place of a jungle looks wonderful with the gazebo in the middle!
And Lisa- as far as that huge creature- YIKES!!!!!!!! I will take my little Black Widows over that thing anyday!!- The water bugs near my pool aren't even as big as that- nor is my Shelti dog as far as that goes!!!! laugh.gif
I will continue to add message here and there!!

Mark

#83 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:13 PM

Ahhh, come on everyone the grasshopper was cute. It is actually called a Lubber grasshopper, they are absoutly giant and it is so funny to see one because of its size and the one in the photo is a smaller one- they hiss at you!

I think it would make a terrific Jay Strongwater solid because of the details and colors. tongue.gif

Sandra,

I can do anything with my nails- I actually refer to them as tools not nails!! cool.gif

#84 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:24 AM

Denise,

you are perfectly right. I know also French (I strongly prefer English) but using much less French (except if I have to reply to adds for the sale of miniature perfum of my collection) I have difficulty and when I'm out with my husband together with French people with whom he works I say two words in French and then I continue with English and this makes my husband furious because he says I have to be kind with them using their language! He works also with Swedish people and fortunately he does not ask me to talk in Swedish language!

Charlotte

#85 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:59 AM

Hi Lisa -

Was hoping you'd tell us it was a Muppet, however.....

#86 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:07 AM

Charlotte,

I can say "Je ne parle pas francais" and "Comma va tu???", but that's it. My first husband who passed away at an early age was German and I asked him to teach me how to speak German, but he wanted to teach me Japenese instead. I did not want to learn Japenese.

Then I remarried a man from Turkey and I did learn part of the Turkish language, which I still use when I meet someone who is rude so they don't understand me (he taught me the "bad" Turkish words! rolleyes.gif When I hear people speak French in real life it sounds so beautiful. I also know a girl who speaks Italian fluently and that also is a beautiful language.

I also think that the Lubber Grasshopper would make a great Strongwater Solid! wink.gif

#87 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:42 AM

There is already a grasshopper EL powder compact and since we know that repeating the past is in great favor now maybe they will do one.

But it could never be as cute as Lisa's. wub.gif

Ann

#88 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:07 PM

Lisa,

You are brave. I do not think I would have picked up that grasshopper, given its size and all. Why just recently there was a preying mantes on the door knob of my front door when I came home from work and I couldn't get him to move. He kept me out of my house for a 1/2 hour!! I'm such a "scaredy cat".

By the way, I'm glad to see more posts by old and new members and I promise to try to be more "socialable" too. Many times, I just read and take-in on what everyone is posting and have learned so much from many of you.

I'm glad, too, that I've had the opportunity to meet some of you and I hope to have more opportunities in the future. You all are truly amazing people!!!

Jeanette smile.gif

#89 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(Lisa @ Jul 12 2004, 07:11 PM)
For those of you that didn't see this photo:

Erica's rainbow

FABULOUS PHOTO, ERICA! (BTW...that's my daughter's name..just spelled with a "K" instead of a "C").

#90 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE(Mark @ Jul 14 2004, 09:50 AM)
It's the notorious Mark here- a realitively new member- I read this site daily to learn whats new and what is about to be new- if it wasn't for this site- I would be in the dark about a lot of the perfumes out there.-

Well..thanks to "notoriuos" Mark..I have a lovely princess phone solid, which I just adore! Thanks, again Mark! smile.gif

And I am very grateful to all the members who educated me about the pros and cons of certain solids. I feel that as a result of this acquired knowledge, I was able to spend my money wisely and avoid horrific ebay situations...although I just won an ebay auction for a SLOT MACHINE MIB! YIPPEE and thank you to Denise! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users