105 replies to this topic

#31 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 10:42 AM

Ar,

I just purchased the mushroom for someone in Las Vegas during the convention, they still may have some in stock if you are interested of course it is at full price and not 20% off as in the CCS. cool.gif

Your Hummingbird research sounds so very interesting perhaps you can add some of your photos to the members photos area, I sure would love to see them!

I thought I was seeing a Hummingbird in my back yard every morning at around 6 am but it turned out to be a sphinx moth.

#32 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:00 AM

What kind of hummingbirds????

We have a back yard full of the Ruby Throated . They can be a pest when they get use to you . biggrin.gif
We did have a feeder but now we just plant their favorite bushes.
Anything with a red bloom they seem to like .

I also am eagerly awaiting the Strongwater hummingbird solid. I have a hummingbird box by Jay Strongwater but the solid looks like it will be much nicer. biggrin.gif

Ann

#33 lolly

lolly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:52 AM

Hi I am an old member just do not post very often. I enjoy the site very much and try to read as often as I can, Nancy and I are friends and she keeps me up to date with everything. I feel as if I know lots of you even if we do not speak Hope you get a laugh when you read this Nancy.(she always gives me in to trouble for not posting) I have learned a lot from this site so keep up the good work girls.

#34 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 12:10 PM

Lolly,

That's just the point, we need input from everyone. Voting in the polls is just a simple click nothing more. I want to really have an effect on what our opinions are here, I want Lauder to see a poll question with hundreds of votes. As I said before I think the impact could be huge!!

Voting in the poll questions doesn't require any comment- just a click and it is anonymous.

#35 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 12:22 PM

Could we please stop using the term "old member" and start referring to "an original member."

Thank you...now must go color my gray...where is that L'Oreal???? sad.gif

#36 lolly

lolly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 02:49 PM

Lisa, I do "click" on the polls (old member I do have white Hair) lolly

#37 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:17 PM

Hello to Annette, Laurie and eek! Lolly!? Glad to hear from you all. We all love solids here and that is our common bond> There are lots of members who don't post for one reason or another. We all have something to learn from each other and I for one don't mind finding out it seems to be raining almost everywhere in the world today except Darwin laugh.gif laugh.gif
I know a few of the posters have told me they are shy, so am I but if people don't post we have no site!

#38 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(Michele @ Jul 11 2004, 11:45 PM)
Must run...Annette...please come back often.  You just might be a neighbor of Sandra's...I'll say a prayer for you!  ohmy.gif

I feel I am being goaded to post!!

So - hi Aussie Annette - nice to see you post instead of 'stalking' my posts!! laugh.gif

Hi Don and Margaret - I know I haven't posted as much lately . . . yes - something here did 'get on my goat' and made me do an 'over and out'.

Michaela's death changed my mind about posting and keeping in touch here with people I have come to 'know' (some in a strange way . . . oh hi Michele!). I realise now that there are more important things in life than other people trying to 'twist the truth' and will rejoin discussions here.

As for the above quote - 'ignorance is bliss for Michele' tongue.gif - isn't it Annette!?! FYI, Michele, Sydney to Darwin is only about 3,000 miles with the outback inbetween, so we'd be doing a hell of a lot of shouting to be neighbourly. It's probably the same distance between say Chicago and Nevada but you'd have to go the 'long way around' because the roads inbetween are untravellable . . . .

And just by being an Aussie, I know Annette would love to be my neighbour! (Oh-oh! Was that FIVE kids you said you had?) biggrin.gif So, save your prayers for someone else who actually needs them! blink.gif

#39 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(Michele @ Jul 12 2004, 01:32 PM)
Lisa -  Can't Sandra and I tease each other anymore?  No more insults, however veiled???  Pleeeeeeeease don't say no.............

For those who thought my last words to Michele were a bit 'over the top', the fact is, she LOVES it when I'm brutal !!! You just watch her come back now! cool.gif

#40 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:38 PM

PS, Annette - you might want to think about putting an 'r' in your post about wearing T-shirts in the hot weather up there!! wink.gif

(Just a suggestion - we don't want the Yanks to get the wrong idea, do we?)

#41 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(Karin @ Jul 12 2004, 12:54 PM)
The word I was looking for is for the money compensation you sometimes get when you are sacked. In Swedish it is such a fancy word I canĄt even make a rough translation.

Karin - the word you're looking for might be "redundancy" . . . it's when your job doesn't 'exist' anymore (mainly due to multi-tasking or computers) and they want to get rid of you, so they pay you out.

#42 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:58 PM

HI EVERYONE.....

GOSH!! WHAT A LOT TO CATCH UP ON.

I AGREE WITH YOU JACKY ITS NICE TO HAVE A LOCATION FOR A NAME.

WELCOME, ANNETTE, DONT BE SHY! I LOOKED AT THIS SITE FOR TWO YEARS BEFORE I GOT UP THE COURAGE TO JOIN, I NOW WISH I HAD DONE IT SOONER

WELCOME, LAURIE, EVEN IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE SOLID ITS YOURS TO LOVE AND TREASURE.

HI SANDRA, ITS GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK

MUST GET SOME SLEEP..... REGARDS...MARGARET

#43 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:23 PM

Just another note to new collectors (which I am one myself) coming from my own experience - Don't think that "contributing" to the site just means providing answers, and hence being hesitant to post.

For a while when people would comment about others not contributing, I kept thinking to myself, "Hey, I am new at this. I don't havething to post that the veteran collectors don't already know." And I would not post.

But now I know that contributing is much more than this, including asking questions, as more than likely others out there have the same inquiries (including myself biggrin.gif ) and we all learn from them. It also includes just general discussions and a whole lot more. My definition of "contributing" was quite narrow at first, and this is definitely not the case.

I am glad to see the site more active! This is wonderful!

#44 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:49 PM

Lord save us all...Sandra's back...with a vengeance. Guess you have a lot of tension to unleash...do you have to do it all at one time? Jeeezzzzz.......... laugh.gif Hey, I noticed that missing "r" but kind of liked it...you're so picky, picky, picky....

Welcome back, Aussie wench! tongue.gif

#45 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:57 PM

Wow, Lolly...you really ARE an "old" member. #16, even. That's like one of the very first! Sooooo, what made you post so soon after joining? laugh.gif

Seriously...welcome. smile.gif Please come back more often, regardless of your hair color. Actually, I have no idea what my true color is anymore. Sandra...be quiet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users