• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:33 AM

Lori...Unless it's a floor sample, all solids and compacts should be in their original Estee Lauder box with the white outer box. The girls know better than that, and you have the right to ask that they please give you the original boxes. If they want to put a pretty ribbon around the outside of the white box, fine. Otherwise, you don't want their little gold box...you want the real thing. Just make yourself known.

#17 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:44 AM

Lori,

if you still are looking for the Moroccan Mosaic, contact me as it is available for about $ 100.00 + shipping here in Switzerland.
Brigitte

#18 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:11 AM

Lori,

You raise a valid point about the boxes and the Las Vegas store, I did hear something about why at some point but cannot remember now.

As far as the sales associates go- the best way to educate them is talk to them and tell them. When I worked for the company and the solids came in the white boxes were stripped off and into the trash as we had no idea to the value of the collector. The reason is that a lot of EL products come in with a white outer box, when a shippment of merchandise came in, various things came in outer white boxes mainly to protect what was inside. The reason for throwing them out was that the bar code for the register is on the gold box not the white box and it was just easier to grab the gold box and scan it rather than open the white box, take out the gold box, scan the box and then put it back in the white box. I know it seems strange but during holiday or gift time anything was done to make things faster.

For those of you that don't get call when the solids come in perhaps order from the list of SA under the yellow store locations tab. They are all really fantastic and understand and do take great care of us collectors.

#19 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 10:20 AM

I talked to an EL rep two years ago and suggested they have a volunteer advisory committee of EL solid collectors to provide ideas and suggestions. Of course, my idea never got beyond this person. Ar

#20 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:58 AM

Many of you have heard me brag on my local EL SA, Louise, but here's another example of her taking an interest in her customers/collectors. When I was in the store a couple of weeks ago, Louise told me she would be attending an EL training day (which happens to be today) with about 40 other SA's and would I mind bringing her in some photos of my collection to share with the other SA's. Of course, I was thrilled to do it. tongue.gif

So, I printed several 8 x 10 photos of my collection and placed them in a portfolio, along with a note that said "check out solidperfume.com!" I'll let you know if there is any positive feedback. Maybe we'll have some visitors over the next couple of days. biggrin.gif

Ann, appreciate very much all of your efforts.

#21 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:59 PM

Ann

To be honest, I was not sure, that the conference call would really happen. It is really unusually - wonderful!

I would like to know, how many different solids were produced in all the years? For example: the red shoe, the black shoe and the white shoe = would be three different solids.

Does a complete, error free list of all EL solids and powders, from 1967 until today, exist somewhere?

wub.gif Thank you so much for all your efforts wub.gif

Greetings, Liliane

#22 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:10 PM

Hi Liliane,

I am interested in the same question and will make sure to ask about it. wink.gif

#23 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:12 PM

Great - thanks Lisa!

Greetings, Liliane

#24 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:14 PM

biggrin.gif
Lisa-- Are we going to both make a list so if one of us is not there the questions will still get asked???? biggrin.gif

Ann

#25 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:12 PM

Thanks all for the posts regarding the boxes - that is definitely GOOD TO KNOW!

Hello Brigitte. Thank you for letting me know about the Morrocan Mosaic powder - unfortunately, I did purchase it through ebay, and at a price much higher than that! Oh darn! I must check with people here first!!

Can't wait to hear about the conference call...

Lori

#26 TERRY

TERRY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:58 PM

I spoke with my rep at SAKS and she said the new solids for SAKS would
only be available at the SAKS stores and not in VEGAS or any other EL stores.
I was telling her about the points we would get from the EL stores and would not be buying the solids from SAKS this year. Does anyone know if this is true???
The EL reps will not be happy about this if they are available at the EL stores.

TERRY

#27 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:21 PM

Hi Terry -

To the best of my knowledge, and I am very old according to some members, all of the solids are available at the EL stores...They usually get them first.

Again, this may only be an age related brain-cramp, but you never know! laugh.gif

#28 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:24 PM

Hi Liliane -

I'd be very surprised if Estee Lauder had an "error free list" of anything at this point! laugh.gif

#29 Erica

Erica

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:48 PM

Hi to all,

besides everyone's question, mine is : why the store rep in Japan don't know much about the solids? Some of them even believe that the solids are sold only in Japan. (It's true! mad.gif ) In my opinion, they need to be more trained for customer(or collector?) satisfaction.

My question is rather special(weired) one, so if there is time, please mention that some international collectors are left behind...

#30 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:27 PM

Terry,

Lauder's definition of an exclusive is 6 months, after that it is free game for anyone. Yes, both Las Vegas and NY should get all of the solids eventually. Sound like your rep just doesn't want to lose a sale. dry.gif

Point are still going to be given at the Las Vegas and NY stores.

Ann,

I hope I am available for the confrence call, seeing that I play tennis almost every morning and 4 nights a week!! I hope they give us time so that we can make arrangements to be home!! blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users