• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#61 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:11 PM

Thank you Lisa for taking care of sending flowers. I'm so glad that we are able to contribute to this. I think the dragon looks perfect and will think of Michaela whenever I see it.

#62 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 04:23 PM

Lisa & Jack,

thanks for the little dragon, what a wonderful idea to always remember Michaela. I'm sure she sees it and is very much pleased about it.

Ann, Liliane & Ken,

thanks for taking care of the flowers for Michaela.

My candle is lightned too.

Brigitte

#63 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:35 PM

Tonight I was out with an old friend. I've known her for over twenty years and we go out most Thursdays, have a meal, talk over life, family, work, problems and generally put the world to right. Tonight as we parted I told her how much her friendship meant to me. (She reads this site so know she will also see this). Why do we feel embarassed to tell people how much they mean to us? At a christening a few years ago, the minister asked us to turn to the person sitting on either side and in front and behind us to shake hands and say hello. I think we should all reach out to someone, even one person, and let them know how they enrich our lives. Maybe they will think us mad but they will still be happy that they have the knowledge that someone appreciates them. Perhaps Michaela had someone she could have turned to but didn't, we will never know, but perhaps I speak out of turn. Americans are more outgoing than us Europeans but it doesn't do any harm to say it. I too will light a candle for Michaela but please, go phone a friend you've been meaning to call for ages or make time to go for lunch, drop in on someone or even just eye contact and a smile. I know there are people I keep meaning to call and then it gets too late and you think 'tomorrow'. Before you know it weeks, months and even years have gone by. We all lead such busy lives but then, something like this makes us stop and think.
I've said enough. I am still trying to come to terms with this but it will take a while. I feel for Michael. It is such a tragedy.

#64 Roland

Roland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:10 PM

Thank you all for your wonderful words! I had never thought that there are so wonderful people writing such helping words, that¥s incredible, it really is.
Many of you wrote that this forum is like a family, it seems to me that it¥s much more.

Even four days after Michaela died it¥s very hard for me to find words, and I fear it will be for a long time.

Anyhow I found the power to make up a little commemoration with some photos and some text. I tried it in english, I¥m sorry I can¥t explain feelings so well.
You find it under http://www.rhs-net.com/michaela.html

Thank you all so much for your help and the touching words!

Roland,
Michaela¥s brother

#65 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:24 PM

Hello Roland -

That's a beautiful tribute to your sister. I only wish there was no need for it to be done...my prayers go out to you and your family.

#66 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:46 PM

Dear Roland, Thank you so much for the pictures of Michaela. They are truly beautiful. My heart goes out to you and your family and Michael.

Jacqueline

#67 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:46 PM

Roland - I went to the link you have. You are truly a remarkable brother to share some of your memories and last words with Michaela.

You have a profound outlook on this even in your grief - I think you are right to believe Michaela is now 'free from the things that were troubling her'. Yes, she had planned it for some time. It's sad and it's difficult, but you were unable to stop her - she had made her decision and was calm with it.

I don't think she wanted to 'trick you'. It was a chance meeting that took her by surprise. She wanted her little brother not to worry, and to know that she would be OK. She knew if she said goodbye in person you would probably go to pieces and she didn't want to see you or anyone she loved in pain for her.

I hope the funeral goes well. She will be surrounded by much love and thought of from people all around the world.

I am sorry for your loss and wish the best for you and your family in your grief for her.

#68 Cocoallure

Cocoallure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:47 PM

Roland,

Michaela was so fortunate to have such a wonderful brother as you! Your tribute to her is beautiful!

May God Bless You and Your Family!
Angela

#69 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:50 PM

Roland, I cannot even begin to know what you are going through. Thank you for sharing the photos of Michaela. Your words have touched me so.

Liliane, Ann, Ken, Lisa, and Jack, thank you for wonderful ways for us to show our rememberance of Michaela and how much we care: the dragon photo, flowers, lighting of the candles. I have lit my candle for Michaela.

God bless.

Lori

#70 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 07:39 PM

Lieber Roland,

vielen herzlichen Dank f¸r die Fotos von Michaela und Ihren Bericht ¸ber die Umst‰nde des tragischen Geschehnes. Sicher wird Michaela sich besonders ¸ber das an sie gerichtete, wunderschˆne Gedicht freuen.

Wie viel Kraft muss es Sie gekostet haben dies alles gerade jetzt in diesen schweren Stunden des Abschieds zu schreiben.

Ich mˆchte mich besonders daf¸r bedanken, dass Sie uns alle teilhaben lassen an Ihren sehr persˆnlichen Gedanken.

Ich bin sicher, dass Michaela in der geistigen Welt den Frieden gefunden hat, den sie scheinbar hier auf Erden nicht finden konnte.

Ich w¸nsche Ihnen, Michael und Ihrer Familie von ganzem Herzen, dass der Schmerz langsam, sehr langsam, aber doch stetig ein wenig nachlassen und irgenwann nur noch die schˆne Erinnerung an die Zeit mit Michaela bleiben wird.

Brigitte

#71 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 09:38 PM

Roland,

Thank you so much for sharing the photos of Michaela, it was nice to see her in various photos for those of us that never had the opportunity to meet her in person. I now feel closer to her seeing the beautiful person she was.

What you wrote is truly touching and heartbreaking at the same time. I only hope that time helps you to heal and hope to makes it a little easier to know she was really loved here as we were part of her collector family.

We will never forget and Michaela and even now she is teaching all of us to reach out and be more giving and forgiving of others.

#72 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:35 PM

Oh my dear sweet Roland,
I just saw your memorial site for Michaela. It is so very beautiful, your words are heartfelt and painful. I can tell you are a wonderful brother and friend.
My very favorite is Michaela's greeting to us "Hello all together". That always made me smile.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I pray for your strength to get through this sad time.
God bless you.
KK wub.gif

#73 Erica

Erica

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:15 PM

Hi Roland,

thank you so much for sharing her photos. The fact she is so beautiful in these days makes me cry, and cry.

Here is her message under the topic "Complete List Of Solids For Sale ! ":
>Maybe for those who are not able to go to Vegas here is a list with solids for sale.

What and how was she feeling when writing this...can't imagine, it's too hard...
I do remember Michaela everytime I take her solids, which I bought, in my hand. They are very beautiful, but with deep sorrow...

#74 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 12:16 AM

Dearest Roland,

Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of our Michaela. She was to me, and to all of us, such a sweet, caring lady. I have so many wonderful memories of her. I, like K.K., aways smiled at her greeting...."Hi All Together". I know that you loved her very much.

To Our Dear Jack, Lisa, Liliane, Ann, Ken.....everyone.....thank you for all that you have done in her memory.

I will always remember her. Her darling Dragon is in place on our board....my candle is lit......my heart is broken....my tears keep coming.....I will miss her very, very much much.

Prayers, love and peace..... from her Texas Buddy

Mimi

wub.gif

#75 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 01:37 AM

Lieber Roland

Es ist wunderschˆn, was Du geschrieben hast!!! Herzlichen Dank, dass Du Deine Gedanken, Deine Gef¸hle mit uns teilst!!!

In diesem Moment tr‰gt Du und die Deinen, Michaela zu Grabe.
All meine Gedanken sind bei Euch! Ich habe eine Kerze entz¸ndet und w¸nsche Euch viel, viel Kraft!!!

Herzlichst, Liliane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users