112 replies to this topic

#31 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 12:59 AM

I too am shocked and saddened at this news of Michaela's passing. I hope she has found peace and I send my heartfelt sympathies to her family and friends.

She was a lovely lady and will be greatly missed.

#32 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:05 AM

Dearest Michaela,

You are with Angels above,
safe, peaceful, and loved...

I will miss you greatly...

Denise

#33 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:31 AM

Dear Michaela

How devastating trajic and sad - we can only hope you have now found your own special peace.

From Australia our hearts and thoughts go out to your husband and family.

Karen & Willi

#34 cka

cka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 09:02 AM

To Michela - Our thoughts are of you. Rest in peace.

To Michael - Our sympathies and prayers are with you and Michela's family.

To all of us - A shock and such a tragic loss.

Carolyn

#35 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:01 AM

Iím really shocked at this news. Iíve just bought from her two solids and on June 25 she sent me this email:

ěPlease let me know if you have received the solids. Just want to make sure that nothing is lost in the mail ohmy.gif) ń Greetings Michaelaî

to which I replied only on June 29th, because I was away for holidays when the parcel arrived.

Iím really sorry not to have been able to reply her in time. I did not know her personally, but in this very moment Iím crying and I donít find words to express my grief. Iíve copied her photo you have put on the site and Iíll keep it and every time Iíll look to the two solids Iíll think to her and pray for her. My thoughts to her family.

Charlotte

#36 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 12:31 PM

To Michaela,

You touched our lives
As gently falling snow.
You bathed us in your warmth.
If only we had one more chance,
Then we would tell you so.

Sleep gently now
And have no fear,
Your cradle is God's care.
We pray for you
And your loved ones,
Rest now Michaela, dear..

Jacqueline..

#37 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:09 PM

This is so sad. I'm so shocked I don't know what to say. I hope she found peace.

#38 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:11 PM

I don't know what to say to add to the thoughts of my fellow members of this site except that in a recent email we both bemoaned the fact that we couldn't be with our friends from here in Vegas. She was very upbeat and jokey. I am totally stunned by this news.
I have said to friends and colleagues that the internet has shrunk the world and through emails and especially this site, I have 'met' some very interesting, wonderful and great people. How sad that one of them is now gone.
I am trying to take the news in as I have not logged on since my message to her on this board. I would never have guessed that she was troubled, I thought she may have been ill and was therefore 'setting her house in order'. The world is full of "if only's" We all here have a common bond thanks to our love of solid perfumes but surely we are not shallow? Ron is right, is anyone has a problem surely the old saying of a problem shared is a problem halved stands true.
This site is like a family, we have disagreements, fall outs and stand up fights but in the end we all know "there's no place like home". Anyway, we all know that you can pick your friends but not your family so here we are, in the end we are here for each other and, hopefully, always will be.
We come on here and say what we feel and I feel I know so many people I have never met but that is the way this site is. I am sorry Michaela couldn't share whatever was going on in her life. Heck, I am annoyed I can't read German but will get the messages translated because I feel the need to know and to know if I could have helped. Could I? Could we?
There are so many unanswered questions and my mind is in such a turmoil. I consider all members of this site friends as I am sure many others do and if there is any way I can help a friend then I shall help that friend. What do we do now. How do we make our feelings felt to Michaela's family and what can we do to make sure Michaela is not forgotten?

#39 pamspastime

pamspastime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 05:20 PM

God Bless you Michaela. I wish I could have known you and been there with the right words. It is a very lonely place to be where you were, when you left us. Lord be with you in a better place. pam...

#40 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 05:37 PM

BOY I JUST CAN'T GET HER OFF MY MIND.

WELL SAID NANCY. I DON'T THINK ANYONE OF US COULD OF HELP BUT BOY DO I FEEL SAD, LIKE ONE OF OUR FAMILY MEMBERS LEFT US. THEIR ARE NO WORDS TO SAY BUT, PLEASE REACH OUT TO ONE OF US, WE WILL SURE TRY TO HELP.

I'M TRUELY UPSET AND JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. I DO KNOW ON THIS SITE WE ARE LIKE FAMILY AND WE ALL REALLY DO CARE FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF US.

MICHAELA MADE SURE HER FRIENDS HERE ON THE SITE WAS ABLE TO GET PART OF HER COLLECTION. BOY HOW SOMETHINGS ARE IMPORTANT TO US AND HOW OTHER THING BOTHER US. I'M SURE HER FAMILY IS SO VERY SAD. LOOK AT ALL OF OUR REACTIONS.

" ONLY IF " IS SUCH A STRONG SAYING BUT HOW TRUE. I SURE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND HER SELLING ALL THE SOLIDS AND SAID TO MYSELF SHE MUST BE GETTING TIRED OF THIS. HOW IMPORTANT THE HUMAN LIFE IS. I'M SURE SHE IS READING THIS, AND SHE WILL SEE HOW MUCH SHE IS MISSED AND LOVED.

TRUELY SADDED BY THIS NEWS

LOVE DEBBIE

#41 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:14 PM

You are not alone in feeling the way you do about Michaela as she has been in my thoughts every minute. It is just so tragic and unexpected.

I don't know that anyone could have done anything to help Michaela once she had made up her mind and it is too much of a burden to keep asking yourself if you could have done something. It does however remind us to be more thoughtful of others and not to forget Michaela but to help each other heal, move on and always remember her.

Jack and I are working on something small but permanent for the site that would honor the memory of Michaela always. We would also like to arrange having flowers sent to her family from all her friends here and anyone that would want to contribute a small fee ($5-$10) would be able to do so.

We are awaiting word from the family before we do anything.

#42 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:50 PM

a.

#43 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 07:52 AM

Normally I go through life behaving like a "strong, capable of anything" type of person. However, every time I come here and read these sentiments, I just cry.

Don & Margaret...that was just beautiful!

I like to think that Michaela felt "safe" here...and that she "belonged" with a group of people who loved her. Were it not for this site, this may have happened months ago...we'll never know.

Excuse me...must go blow my nose again...not even Estee Lauder makes mascara for times like this.

#44 Maddalena

Maddalena

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 07:53 AM

Liebe Michaela,

am 15. Juni hast Du mich mit einem herzlichen "Willkommen im Club" empfangen und ich freute mich so sehr auf dein E-mail........ich freute mich vor allem ¸ber deine Worte :"Find ich prima - habe schon drei "Bekannte" aus der Schweiz. Vielleicht werden es ja nun vier", Du hast mir den Mut gegeben im Board zu schreiben, ich freute mich jedesmal ¸ber deine E-mails.....und jetzt macht mich das traurig sad.gif zu wissen das es kein weiter mehr geben wird....Gestern wollte ich mein Foto ins Avator reinlegen das man mich auch sehen kann wenn ich im Board bin.... und da habe ich gelesen was mit Dir geschehen ist......Michaela ich/Wir wissen nicht was dich so weit gef¸hrt hat so einen grossen Schritt zu machn, ich hoffe nur f¸r dich das Du wirklich das gefunden hast was Du suchtest. Auch wenn f¸r nur so kurz 10 Tagen genau war es toll mit Dir die Solid Welt zu teilen.......

........ganz liebe Gr¸sse

Maddalena

sad.gif

#45 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 09:07 AM

Michaela said in one of her posts that her "Magic Dragon" solid was the one that got her hooked on collecting. It was one of her favorites, if not her most.

Lisa and I have decided that a good way to remember Michaela every day at this site would be to put the dragon up at the top in the header bar. You will see it on the top right of every page here from now on. It's a small thing, but we think it will keep Michaela as a part of this site forever.

It's up there now, you may have to hit "refresh" for it to replace the old graphic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users