33 replies to this topic

#31 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 07:27 AM

Ken,

I thought I were a picky bookkeeper type, but you are worse biggrin.gif .
When the ones in 1998 were issued I just noticed that on the older ones the queens back ends exactly at the 1st cord right to the middle cord on the border and the on the ones from 1998 the queens back ends between the 1st and the 2nd cord right to the middle cord (I guess no one can understnad this explanation, wink.gif , but I gave it a try). I'm not able to mark this on the pics as I can't handle Adobe, even though I have it, but maybe you can add a arrow on your pic to show everyone what I mean.
I don't see much difference in colours, but maybe I need new glasses ohmy.gif .
I have added your pics.

Karin, I've added the frog too and I hope it's the one you meant. The one I added was issued in 1989 as you mentionned in your post and reissued several times after that year. If you meant the one which is exactly alike the frog on lilypad it would be the following, which was issued in 1997.
Leap Frog, White Linen, 1997
user posted image

Brigitte

#32 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:45 AM

Brigitte-- I was a bookkeeper/accountant long ago back in the dark ages when pen (red ink & black ink)and paper was used. laugh.gif laugh.gif

And you are right sometimes I can get a little picky. biggrin.gif

I don't have the heart /chains powder compact. YET laugh.gif

The box for the Golden Coin powder is the LV gold box like you show with the roulette wheel.

Ann

#33 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:05 AM

Brigitte,
Since we all are a bit picky here wink.gif I too thought it was the 1997 frog on the lily pad, but when I studied my solid closely I noticed that it had the same characteristic golden lines on the back as the 1989 frog. How's that for being picky biggrin.gif do I win a prize?
Karin

#34 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 03:08 PM

I think we all are more than picky.....horrible tongue.gif .
I don't know how should win the "picky-price"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users