• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:57 AM

As requested, here are the photos Ann and Ken took of the matching solids and powders. There may be more, this is all I could find.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#2 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:15 AM

Thanks Jack--- You saved the day!!!!!!

Ann

#3 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:06 AM

Hi !
Thanks for adding the pictures. My favourites are the little frog and the starry night. I have the starry powder box and it's beautiful.
But poor little elephant has lost his eye ? ph34r.gif sad.gif ohmy.gif
Did you replaced the eye or is it just a camera flash Ann ?

Greetings !
Michaela

#4 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 01:03 PM

I put him in the photo as he doesn't get much attention with the missing eye. We have his brother with his eye there. laugh.gif laugh.gif

You have to be on the look out for the right eye to the right tassel. There are 3 different ones .
Blue eye with blue tassel,green eye with green tassel and red eye with green tassel.

I have only seen the powder with the blue eye & blue tassel. My knowledge on powder compacts is very limited .

Ann

#5 Flyaway

Flyaway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 07:58 PM

[COLOR=blue][SIZE=7]smile.gif There is also the recalled Octopus perfume and powder

#6 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(Flyaway @ Jun 26 2004, 05:11 PM)
[COLOR=blue][SIZE=7]smile.gif There is also the recalled Octopus perfume and powder

HUH? I didn't know that the perfume was recalled? I have seen it for sale in a few places.
Why was it recalled?

#7 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 12:55 AM

Jack your the greatest! Thanks for locating the pictures of the matching solids and powder compacts. You are so good to us. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#8 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:24 AM

I donĄt mean to be impertinent but I do miss a picture of my favourite combination: the enamel Frog solid with matching powder compact. My favourite since it is the only match I have biggrin.gif (its supposed to be a laughing smilie here don't know if I got it right). Another favourite of mine is the frog on the leaf, I have the solid and hope to get the powder compact to complete my little frog pound.
Karin

#9 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 07:34 AM

The octopus was never officially recalled. Many collectors assumed it was defective because they thought there was a crystal missing, when in fact it was the spot at the back where the hinge went through. Because of that, many returned theirs. I did not...it's a perfect Octopus with all the right crystals in all the right places! biggrin.gif

Not to worry...if you have an Octopus, am sure it's mint. smile.gif I have mine in a huge Brandy Snifter with the Mermaid, Snail and some fishies...perfect. Also some colored stones on the "floor" of the ocean.

#10 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 01:28 PM

Hi Michele..

I would love to see your brandy snifter display. Please send a photo.

Best to you!!

Mimi

#11 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 05:38 PM

Hello everyone,

it took a lilltte while but now a rough draft of the matching solids and powders is available.
Any suggestions of changements of layout, adding other solids/powders which are similar (f.e. the octopus) or other intersting inputs are wellcome.

Matching Solids and Powders

Enjoy yourself,

Brigitte

#12 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:05 PM

biggrin.gif

Hi Brigitte

It looks very good. biggrin.gif

MayI ask about your silver(case) button solid??? Is the top black or green??? I thought mine was black but took it out in the sun and it is green.

Ann

#13 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:06 PM

Brigitte, that is wonderful! Thank you for compiling this and displaying on the site!! There are some powders I did not know existed.

Lori

#14 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:37 PM

Brigitte, it took a long time to download but was worth the wait. Thank you, thank you, thank you! biggrin.gif What a wonderful collection you have!

#15 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 08:41 AM

Ann,

it's jade green and as it is a real stone each one is different.

Brigitte

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users