• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:37 PM

Anyone catch the Venus Williams match with the wrong tie break score by the chair umpire today? unsure.gif unsure.gif

#2 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:21 PM

Hi Lisa......

That was a very bad call, perhaps he was having an afternoon nap or dreaming of strawberries and cream laugh.gif . Either way he should sharpen up, a bad call puts the players under stress.

Regards....Margaret.....

#3 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 07:01 PM

You probably mean ex chair umpire, huh Lisa? ohmy.gif Amazing that no one called him on it till too late. blink.gif

#4 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 07:17 PM

You're right about ex-chair umpire, poor guy probably won't be able to show his face anymore. blink.gif

#5 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 04:19 AM

Yes, I watched it! Could not understand why Venus never said anything. Normally she will say something (even to complain that the ball was in when it was out) rolleyes.gif

and DID ANYONE SEE HOW WE WERE CHEATED OUT OF A GOAL WITH THE EUROPEAN MATCH LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That umpire SHOULD BE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif Could not believe my eyes......BELIEVE HE WAS FROM ZURICH. HOPE HE IS BACK THERE THIS MORNING! DON'T KNOW WHAT HE WAS ON ???? BUT AM UTTERLY DISGUSTED! If that was fair, then I don't know what is anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

mad.gif mad.gif

#6 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 04:27 AM

Yes, I am royally ..........! My feelings are running high right now! And my VOTE is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Maggie, Margaret and Nancy, YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!

ohmy.gif mad.gif At least there was no way Venus would have won that game.......but...........WE DID WIN! mad.gif

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:41 AM

I believe Venus could have had the second set. Venus- you were robbed!! sad.gif
I am amazed at how gracious both her and her father were after the fact.
Next time Venus! wink.gif

#8 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:18 PM

HAVE YOU HEARD THE ONE ABOUT THE REFEREE'S NEW VILLA IN PORTUGAL!!!!!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif WE WONE, THE LINESMAN GAVE GOAL, THE REFEREE SAID PLAY ON
WE WERE CHEATED!!!!!! AND I TO AM SO MAD.

VENUS SHOULD HAVE QUESTIONED THE SCORE AT THE TIME, SHE'S NOT PLAYING AS WELL AS SHE DID, SHE WAS BEATEN BY A NEW GOOD PLAYER, ONE TO WATCH.

REGARDS MARGARET......

THE ENGLAND MANAGER SPOKE TO THE REFEREE IN PRIVATE AFTERWARDS, BET THAT WAS AN INTERESTING CONVERSATION.

#9 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 05:21 PM

Yes Margaret! I didn't go into details on Venus' match, but my sentiments were the same!

At least Henman got through today! No compensation for a football match which was OURS!

sad.gif

#10 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 07:17 PM

Wow, great game between Andy and Roger today. Both players are so fantastic that I wanted them both to win (Andy you did win too)

Congratulations to Roger for the win.

Would have loved to see any of the matches in person, maybe next year!

#11 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 01:07 AM

Nice good Mornig!

That was very scarce play / victory! The world number one and two lie side by side - hair-sharply.
That will become an interesting summer rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif Congratulation both!!!

Have a wonderful Week!

Greetings, Liliane

PS.: Lisa - if you are next year in Europe, don't forget to look by in Switzerland! Perhaps you will sits then in the same airplane as Roger laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#12 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE(Liliane @ Jul 5 2004, 01:20 AM)

PS.: Lisa - if you are next year in Europe, don't forget to look by in Switzerland! Perhaps you will sits then in the same airplane as Roger

Liliane,

Oh, that would be fun, Roger is a cutie! Do you see him around town? Jack and I not too long ago saw Andy Roddick walking around the mall here in Boca. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users