35 replies to this topic

#1 lmsw1

lmsw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 01:54 AM

Hi all
I am wondering if you can clarify for me what is considered a part of the ivory series solids (excluding the cameos which are an entirely different question). I know about these from solids database search:
princess
foo dog
imperial dog
two different cats
duck
affectionate fish
a panda bear

Is the country flower considered part of the series? The parfumiere necklace?
Are there others? Were all of the above also made in red or just the foo dog?

Has anyone ever actually seen the bear, or is that just a rumour?

Are the christmas camellias in colors considered part of the series?

Thanks in advance for enlightening me. I always learn so much on this site!

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:56 AM

Here are some answers to your questions on the ivory series,

Only the Foo dog and the parfumiere necklaces were made in red and white.
Yes, the panda does exist but is very rare, from what I have heard there are only 3 in existence.
I would consider the camiellas to be part of the ivory series also.

Good question-
I consider any solid with the "ivory" plastic resin to be part of the ivory series collection. The country flower solids are tough because they don't command a big price like the others. Some of the necklaces like secret treasure, ginger jewel, treasure of the orient, night jewel etc.. I personally consider all of these types ivory series, the more rare less seen solids.

What does everyone else think??

#3 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:58 AM

Hi,
Liliane, a SolidPerfume.com member was lucky enough to win the Ivory Panda from a EBay seller. If you do a search on the topic Ivory Panda you will find the posts on the topic. I was unable to access the photos that were originally in Liliane's post. Maybe she will be nice enough to add it to Members Photos.

#4 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 10:57 AM

Just to add to the Ivory Collection List...there is also the Lucky Rabbit. Sweet little fellow.

I did not know that the Camelia was a part of the Ivories. That one, I LOVE.....
don't have sad.gif ....wish I did biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

More later .......

Mimi

#5 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 01:27 PM

Hi !
I think two importend necklaces have to be added to the ivorys - one is the Necklace of good wishes and the other one the Jade carvers necklace. Love the dragon design but these necklaces are not pictured in the database yet. Does nobody has a necklace and could send the picture to add to the database blink.gif ?
Maybe Brigitte can send us some biggrin.gif

Michaela

#6 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:43 PM

I don't want to confuse anyone by saying that the Camiella's are part of the ivory series, it is just my opinion to classify them all together because of the price and rarity of them. wink.gif

#7 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:31 PM

Hi Lisa !
I think the camellias are belonging to the ivory series solids because of the chinese or japanese touch. smile.gif

Michaela

#8 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:37 PM

Michaela,

the jade carver is pictured in the database.
Here comes the necklace of good wishes

user posted image

According to MHO I only consider the princess, the panda, the affectionnate fish, the red and also the ivory foo dog, the imperial dog, the rabbit, the contented cat, the sleeping cat, and the duck as part of the ivory series.

You may go to Brigitte's page and under "MY COLLECTION" click on IVORY SERIES or on CAMELLIAS ETC. and you will find the pics and even may click on each pic to get a bigger version of it.

Brigitte

#9 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:08 PM

Glad someone asked this question. Have always wondered about the Camillias since the base designs are similar to the Grecian Key Designs of the Foo dogs and others. Is there a true answer to the original question or just individual opinions?

Phyllis
[/SIZE]

#10 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:39 PM

I sort of feel the same as Lisa...if it's a resin material, and it's pricey, it's an "ivory." biggrin.gif I guess it really is an individual opinion, Phyllis! blink.gif

#11 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 02:53 PM

Liliane ( she is in germany) asked me to write that her offical EL list shows all the animals except the red Foo Dog are a part of the ivory series and the Ivory Carver page 67 is a part of the series. None of the necklaces are shown as a part of the ivory series.

Series means a theme such as the oriental theme, circus theme etc. not nessarily a color.

The Panda bear is not listed as part of the ivory series, but it may be due to the rarity that it does not show up on any EL list.

And we know that 2 mint in box are in Switerland. Liliane' & Brigitte's. biggrin.gif

Mr. Bob Conte told me he only knew of 5 panda bears that made it to retail MIB because of the paws fingers braking when taken out if the molds.

Ann

#12 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:40 PM

Hi Ann:
What does Liliane mean by her "official EL list"? Any chance we can get a peek at it?
Phyllis

#13 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:05 PM

I will ask her when she returns. biggrin.gif

The "offical" list were made by EL for their employees.

There are several ( I have some) They do not alway agree so Liliane and I try to compare them and use the imformation on the list that agrees . It is not always easy . I have seen 4 different EL lists that were suppose to be complete and correct but can always find things missing( Panda Bear, MOB top etc.).

I am sure there are more lists around if anyone would like to share.

I "bought " mine years ago and it is not as complete as hers . I can only speak about my list to where and how I got it and I am not talking. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Even EL folks in charge of the archives and are trying to bring it up to date are have a tough time as the records were badly neglected.

IMHO do not understand why EL wants to keep the imformation of past solids a secret but it goes to show why the new solids are being repeated.
The new designers don't know what has already been done. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ann

#14 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:57 PM

Ann,

Are there solids that appear on the EL list that do not appear in Roselyn's book? I've always wondered, too, why some solids are so elusive, like the Old English Fair. I understand now about the Panda, but what about some of the others? Any out there we don't know about? unsure.gif

#15 lmsw1

lmsw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:41 PM

THANK YOU all so much for all that wonderful information. two quick questions:
Ann & Ken: what is the MOB top that isn't listed in the official EL list?
Martha: and what is the elusive Old English Fair ?

I ALWAYS learn something from this site, but this whole chat has been more informative than usual !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users