39 replies to this topic

#16 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 04:04 AM

[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Wow, once again our sharp eyed collectors save the day. Or at least save one of us from buying a dud! dry.gif This is another time where this site proves that we are stronger if we stick together. I really do pity any solid collector who hasn't yet heard of this site. sad.gif
Thanks again guys you are all wonderful. I too was going to bid on the Tutu. I love it.

#17 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:37 AM

Hi Nancy -

That's one of the great benefits of this site. I feel like it's sort of a "safety net" when I have questions or concerns...there's always someone here who has walked in our shoes first, and possibly learned the hard way that not all sellers are honest. I, too, feel sorry for any solid collectors that haven't heard of this site, and recommend it whenever I get the chance! smile.gif People don't just "stumble" on it...we have to get the word out that Lisa & Jack's site exists and is the best! wink.gif

Best thing to look for in an auction....clear, CLOSE shots...full descriptions (do not assume anything)...super feedback.

Have a great weekend! Missed you in Las Vegas.. sad.gif

#18 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 08:15 AM

smile.gif smile.gif Agree with the above sentiments. Such a pity some of us 'oldies' are not posting like the 'old' days!

Could it be we become a bit disheartened by lack of enthusiasm and response at times!

Ouch! Have I put my foot in it! Sobeit! Am off to find my very own 'Dust Fairy'.

wink.gif

Sandra, over and out! ph34r.gif

#19 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 08:52 AM

Hi Jacky - Come on now! Lighten up, girl! rolleyes.gif There's still plenty of enthusiasm...unfortunately, too many members "read" this site but never post until something really grabs them. Plus they stick to relatively "safe" topics...nothing too controversial. huh.gif And that's cool...you can't ever get in trouble for something you don't say. At least, that's what the nuns always told me, and I always ignored it. I spent a lot of time in the confessional...the priest usually said..."Oh, it's you again." blink.gif

It's just yakkers like you, me and a few others that just keep on going! laugh.gif

You need the Dust Fairy? Liliane and I never touched base in Las Vegas...think she ignored me so she could keep my Dust Fairy hidden in her luggage. That's why she had so much trouble in Customs! Things with wings have a difficult time getting through! laugh.gif However, Gertie (that's her name) escaped somewhere over the Atlantic and came home. Was going to send her on to Martha, but since you need her, here you go:

user posted image

Now, give her a cup of tea, talk to her a little, then sit back...put your feet up...and watch her go. ohmy.gif Your house will sparkle within an hour...

Have a great weekend...enjoy all that spare time saved by Gertie!

#20 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 10:03 AM

Ok , it is a hot Sat. here with nothing to do( Ken is out of town) so I will weigh in on this subject of non-posting.

It can be very scary to post when you think maybe you will get made fun of or yelled at. Even in humor and with the little smilies computers do not get across very well the joke you are trying to make. I have stuck my foot in it plenty of times.

I have visisted another perfume chat/board(non-solids) for 3 years now and it is very active( hundreds of messages a day) but I have only posted once even though I read it every day. The reason I do not post is because the folks there are very knowlegable and don't mind letting you know that, so I feel like I can learn by just reading and staying out of the discussions. Another perfume chat /board I visist they get VERY personal and I don't care for that , so I am just a reader there also. I will confess I am there to read because they always have funny cat stories. biggrin.gif

I WELCOME all READERS to this board and if they say anything ,GREAT!!! if not that's GREAT also because they are here. biggrin.gif

Ann

#21 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 10:25 AM

Ann --- Are you YELLING AT ME? That's ok...I can handle it. It wouldn't be the first time! laugh.gif And I agree with you on the subject of why some do not post...to a degree. I still stick by my reasoning...to a degree. tongue.gif

Now, 'fess up...where's the compact site with the cat stories? I need a good laugh! laugh.gif

#22 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 11:31 AM

Not sure if this will work.

http://pub20.ezboard.../bperfumeoflife

Ann

#23 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 11:44 AM

It worked, Ann. Thanks...

Question...you said "cat stories." Did you mean "kitty cats" or "catty witches?" Wow! Did you read some of that stuff? Good Lord...coming to solidperfume is like being in Church compared to those women! ohmy.gif I'd be afraid to "peep" in that room!

Maybe I just picked a hot topic (Cartier) but oh my Lord....you can cut the tension with a knife! blink.gif

Think I'll just stick around here...it's comfy...and the people are very, very special. smile.gif

#24 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 11:59 AM

That why I am here. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I was talking about real kitty stories. It is mostly on the other board I can't figure out how to put the link here.

The one you went to has an interesting subject going on now under Talk about perfume, page two, topic- if your cat was a fragrance .

Where did you find the Cartier discussion???

Ann

#25 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:41 PM

Ann -

Check out "Talk About Perfume," page 2, "Mortally Wounded Dragon." Ouch!
laugh.gif

#26 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:49 PM

Ok...got it. Yes, it is cute. Trying to figure out what either of my cats would be...the Persian would certainly be a vintage something or other...light notes. The stray...hmmmmm....29 lbs.....Hugebigant?

#27 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:20 PM

MIMI......

SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR BALLET SHOES sad.gif sad.gif I WOULD HAVE BEEN SO UPSET

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME smile.gif smile.gif

IF I EVER HAVE THE NERVE TO BID ON EBAY, I WILL ASK YOU ALL TO LOOK FIRST

YOU ARE ALL SUCH EXPERTS.

WE ALL NEED A TUTU AND BALLET SHOES FAIRY laugh.gif laugh.gif DOES THE DUST

FAIRY HAVE A FRIEND.

REGARDS......MARGARET.......

#28 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:33 PM

Mimi, that was really heartbreaking, so close and yet so far away. Great seller though, however one would have thought that the item had been checked before listing. It will be interesting to see whether the seller relists it and what price it will fetch. After Realgoldfingers headless mermaids I do wonder how much a missing stone will reflect on the price.
I guess I have been very lucky when bidding on eBay, I have only dealt with truly nice sellers - like Michele!!!

Karin

#29 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 04:34 PM

I emailed the seller of the tutu I ha a bid on and guess what, no reply. Why doesn't that surprise me. LOL, Lainey

#30 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 04:42 PM

Thank you, Karin. Hope you gave some thought to my suggestion. wink.gif

Lainey - Be glad...this may be a person you don't want to deal with, regardless of how "nice" the user ID seems to be.

Mimi - I do feel so bad for you, but there's a reason for everything. A better solid is out there somewhere with your name on it, really.

Margaret - the Dust Fairy is in a world - and class - of her own...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users