• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 01:07 PM

PLEASE COULD ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE TUTU AND BALLET SLIPPERS FINISHED AT. THEY WERE ON EBAY YESTERDAY AND I MISSED LOOKING AT THE END.

MANY THANKS.....MARGARET....... smile.gif

#2 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 01:14 PM

Hi Margaret -

You can always check under "Completed Items" on eBay, which I did. The Tutu ended at $555 and the Ballet Slippers ended at $201.50. Ouch to the Tutu! laugh.gif

#3 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 02:59 PM

Hi Michele......

Many thanks, I did not know about completed items on ebay, I learn something new every day from you all.

Wish I had the nerve to bid for it.....perhaps next time..... unsure.gif unsure.gif
They are both top of my wish list, but the price!!!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Thanks again......REGARDS, MARGARET......... smile.gif smile.gif

#4 lmsw1

lmsw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 11:20 AM

more tutus 4 u!!!

Hi guys... eek I was the winning bidder on the tutu, which I've wanted for such a long time wub.gif, to go with ballet slippers I already had. The thing is, it was less than I'd been quoted by someone else who was selling one, so I didn't feel the pain quite as much. . . I guess inflation is here, and it's unbelievable what some of the solids I've collected over the years are selling for now on ebay. But wait, there's another one for sale right here for $500 BuyItNow: tutu and another one here: tutu number toooo

I hope you guys win it.

#5 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for the head up on the tutu & congratulation on your new solid.

I have been looking for this solid also and did see the one on ebay. Is the hanger piece on top of the dressmaker's dummy missing???? unsure.gif

#6 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 07:19 PM

Beware and look carefully when bidding on the TuTu's.

When they came out many had bent "hangers "at the top and some were broken off. Even just bent ones when you tried to straighten them they broke.

As always when bidding on Ebay ask questions of the sellers.

Ann

#7 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 07:45 PM

I have not seen the Tutu inperson. I am the high bidder on the 2nd one you just put the link to. Even though I have not met the reserve. Could someone take a look and let me know if it is missing something before I bid higher, Thanks, Lainey

#8 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 07:50 PM

Favoritegram-

Here is the photo from our database (you can search the "solids database" above for any of the solids you want to see). I don't see the hanger on the eBay tutu.

user posted image

#9 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 08:40 PM

Jack's right. Either there is no "hanger" on the top of the Tutu or it's bent all the way down. That's on one auction. The other is too far away to tell. Do be very careful...if nothing else, ask the seller for a close-up shot before you bid.

#10 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 08:43 PM

Lainey - If you're the high bidder, or even placed a bid, on "tutu number tooooo," retract your bid. The hanger is definitely not there.

Never mind...the "Reserve" has not been met by anyone, so don't worry about your bid. However, I'd refrain from going any higher! blink.gif

#11 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 10:38 PM

Thanks for the large picture Jack. I really now want a Tutu and the Bustier. I feel so sad cause I emailed the seller and havd not gotten a reply. I guess I will watch for the 2 somewhere else. Maybe I could trade some of my Solids for these. Lainey

#12 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 11:01 PM

Lainey - Don't feel sad...think how bad you would have felt if you had been the high bidder and it showed up at your house in that condition.

Keep watching for the one's you want and they'll turn up. Just be relatively sure who you're buying them from and pepper them with questions if necessary! laugh.gif

Lisa & Jack - Thanks for noticing the lack of a hanger! smile.gif

#13 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 01:53 AM

Many congratulations to lsmw1 for finally having gotten this solid!!! It is so fun to hear about this kind of happy endings to long time searches! I have to confess that until I saw Jacks large picture I didn't really understand the high price on this one. But I sure get it know!
Lainey, this and the bustier are a perfect match!! I do hope you manage to get them!! Fingers crossed.
Karin

#14 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 11:01 AM

The photo of the pink tutu is from the database but the photo was taken by Ann & Ken. wink.gif

#15 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:11 PM

]]

Hi Everyone,

I really appreciate the information about the TuTu hanger. I will be careful in bidding, also. This is one of the pieces that I am looking for, for my Grandaughter's Collection.

I am disappointed. sad.gif I was the winning bidder on the Ballet Shoes, (I was so excited biggrin.gif ) however the seller discovered that a stone was missing. ohmy.gif She very kindly issued an immediate refund....but I was really looking forward to having a least THE SHOES for Reagan's collection. Oh well......I'll just keep looking cool.gif or as Dusty Springfield sang.......... "Wishin', and Hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'......"

Good luck and wishes to all in the quest for our Ballerina pieces!!

Mimi

[/font][/SIZE]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users