Photo

*photos-2004 Harrods Solids*

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one is your favorite??

Which one is your favorite??

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 03:21 PM

Thanks Lisa, Don and Margaret for your tips!

Thanks to Estee Lauder for having such a variety of solids every year. They work with more than one artist/designer and as a result there is something for everyone.

Last year most of the solids that I purchased were from Neiman Marcus. This year most of my solid purchases will be from Saks and Harrods. Sometimes its not even the designer that makes the difference but it's the subject matter and colors, enameling and crystals that make the difference.

All I know is I like twice as many solids this year than I liked last year! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

The postman is going to be very busy delivering solids to my house!

#17 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 04:34 PM

The Harrod's solids just knocked me out, especially after my initial disappointment with the Judith Leiber and General Distribution solids this year. Love all of the Strongwaters, but the Harrods (IMHO) are in a league of their own. I think my favorite may be the Teddy Bear, but love the post box and crown, too.

#18 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 06:15 PM

Me too, Martha. I was soooooo disappointed in the Judith"s. sad.gif I just expected more "glitz". I LOVE the Strongwater's ........but OH MY!! the Harrod's are so wonderful. biggrin.gif I only have one Harrod piece......but I really want that darling little Teddy AND the glorious Lion and Crown.

Of course this all means that Rob (my husband) is mopping his brow and wringing his hands.......he'll get over it!! If not, you might find me under the petunias in the back yard!! tongue.gif Ha......I'm joking of course!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

From the "Heat in the Heart of Texas" cool.gif I remain your faithful,

Mimi
[/I]

#19 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 06:20 PM

Mimi,

I may have a "spot" in my backyard too!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

#20 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:26 AM

I am really excited about the Harrods solids and cannot wait until they are available for purchase. As some of you have mentioned, this will definitely make up for the disappointing Leiber solids. So between the Harrods and Strongwater solids, I will have to try to be good and not spend too much money until then. unsure.gif

Lisa, Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Jeanette smile.gif

#21 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 02:48 PM

Now we're talking! I will buy them all. The bear is my favorite...and one of the few solid themes I have a complete collection of. The crown is much better than I thought.

Better save up $$. I've been a good girl on ebay the past few months. Hopefully, I can continue so I can buy the fabulous Harrods and Strongwater solids. cool.gif

#22 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:38 PM

I love them all but think I like the Post box best. Can't wait to see them in real life.

#23 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:35 AM

I am going to stick my neck out here, eventhough I'm new to this site. Hopefully you will take this the right way and we can have a lively discussion.
What on earth is the Harrods logo doing on the Post box??? How come EL makes tatty tourist souvenirs for Harrods (have you seen what other Harrods souvenirs this department store sells, they have a whole shop of junk)? I was horrified to see that the Shopping bag solid sold for 700 at eBay recently. I think that EL should make EL souvenirs if they are into that, like something really special commemorating Estee herself.
However, the Crown is fabolous, that is a tourist souvenir alright, but for London not for a department store...
I am looking forward to hear from you!

Karin

#24 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:28 AM

Hi Karin -

Wow! Glad you started this one and not me. Have to agree with you 100%. Just don't care for all the advertising on the Harrod's solids. sad.gif There's a lot more I could say about them, but don't want to upset the apple cart for anyone who likes them.

Ok...I'll say it...the Post Box only needs a handle to become a Beer Stein. The bear looks like he has 2 ear infections. And I just can't picture Queen Elizabeth with that thing on her head. There. Said it! tongue.gif

To each his own...that's what keeps the ball bouncing! rolleyes.gif

Have a great day. smile.gif

#25 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:22 PM

Got some tidbits today about the new 2004 Harrods solids- this year the teddy bear's name is Thomas. I also heard that Leonard Lauder himself designed the crown.

Can promise this information but I have heard that quantities are limited to the following:
Thomas the teddy bear 300
Lion with crown 150
Post Box 300

wink.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

#26 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:45 PM

HI KARIN.....

E.L. MAKES " TATTY TOURIST " SOUVENIRS FOR HARRODS BECAUSE THEY MAKE MONEY OUT OF IT AND THE HARRODS NAME.

THERES GOOD TAT AND BAD TAT.

WISH I HAD A BAG FULL OF " TATTY " POST BOXES wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

REGARDS......MARGARET.......

#27 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:50 PM

Hi Michele,

I'm still laughing about the Teddy laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I love Thomas....even if he does have two ear infections......poor boy!!

wub.gif

Mimi

#28 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:13 PM

He will always be Rubert to me. sad.gif sad.gif

Thomas is an English Train cartoon. sad.gif sad.gif

Ann

#29 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:13 PM

You are right Ann, I remember that cartoon.

laugh.gif

When I look at the teddy I now think- Thomas the tired teddy- because of his PJ's!

#30 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:20 PM

PJ's ?????

I thought he had on an outdoor/ski/ play in the snow suit as did the other bears.

Just goes to show we all see things different. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users