• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 03:55 AM

THANK YOU ever so much for the lovely pictures!!! I have instantly fallen in love with the Birdbath by Strongwater, I do have a soft spot for birds. Now my only problem is that they are never sold in Sweden so once again I am at the mercy of eBay-sellers...
As for your discussion about vouchers... Let me tell you about the hardship of being a collector in Sweden. Solids and powder compacts are only for sale in time for christmas. There are three department stores in Stockholm that have them and they fight amongst each other to get some. All in all they had five different powder compacts with a total of nine. As for the solids: a total of about twenty where for instance the Dachshound cost approx. USD 210.00!!! Talk about strange price policy. To talk about vouchers in this context is absurd, you can be lucky as to find a solid to begin with and hopefully you don't get completely ruined. Can you believe I actually paid 320.00 for the Venetian fan!!! Thank god I discovered this site in time so I found out about the totally incomprehensive price difference. I do love this site!!!! I don't know how I was able to live without it!
Love to you all,
Karin

Michele, I can fully understand that you have recovered from your suspicion towards monkeys, it is cute

#17 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 08:43 AM

Hi Karin!

So good to hear from you again! The Birdbath is one of the prettiest Strongwater's...have yet to see the Kitten on the Chair. Am thrilled that the Birdbath actually has the 3 birds Jay referred to when we spoke, rather than just one Hummingbird.

The pretty Chick can be removed from the Nest, so it's sort of versatile...very sweet. However, am afraid to purchase it as I might get the urge to set it free and toss it out of a loft. laugh.gif I already bumped it out of it's nest at the Las Vegas store...didn't know it wasn't attached! blink.gif (Note: No stones fell off.)

Again, the Monkey was a VERY pleasant surprise...I think it could be used nicely with the Circus/Amusement Park theme. Or...on a street corner collecting money by playing music????? Either way, it's precious!

Will email you privately in a few days....am still not settled in. Take care! smile.gif

#18 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:41 AM

A good luck horseshoe has to be turned that way or the luck runs out . biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I am surprised EL got it right. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ann

#19 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:45 AM

Must say I was impressed and surprised to see E.L. caught that upside-down touch! Not a lot of folks know that... huh.gif

#20 Suzanne Martin

Suzanne Martin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:57 AM

Hi Ann, This is Monique replying for Suzanne, she is very busy with her Grand Jury. Here is what I mean by getting screwed: The voucher for $300.00 is the Maximum allowed for an entire year which means if a collector is going to buy the entire collecdtion which will run around $5000 they will only get a $300.00 voucher which will be applied only on the next year purchase. Furthermore, they are selling the "Exclusives" to Neiman and Saks, and by offering the voucher program they are taking the customers away from these stores. One way to circumvent the $300.00 limit is to buy under one's name, to the limit of $1500 then under your spouse's name for the next $1500 and so on. This is a very stupid thing to do. They are creating a division between their main Stores by trying to take and keep all of the collectors in their own stores. I have been in sales all my life and have been quite successful at it. This is the most underhanded and stupid marketing tool I have ever seen. I guarantee you that Saks and Neiman will figure a plan to do one even better and if EL continues to try to undercut them they will loose them like they lost Nordstrom.

#21 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:19 AM

Hi Monique,

I understand your point, but those of us that bought from the Las Vegas & NYC Spa in the past were not getting anything , even a lipstick , so to us a gift certifcate was better than nothing.

I also don't understand why it is a bad thing for NM & Sak's to try and beat out LV to keep our business. Seems like a win , win situation for collectors.

Don't know about the other collectors but I buy where I get good service and don't change just for a promotion. I got bad service at LV & Saks so switched to Micky for those and for the excellent help I get at NM I will stay with them.

I think the days of buying 6 of the same solids for resale are over . Ebay took care of that . Not many collectors buy all the solids anymore so even reaching the $1500 is not easy.

The point about having choices is we can buy wherever we choose and what ever promotion suits our needs. If we were held to just buying at LV or NYC I would join you in protest. biggrin.gif

Thank you for the discussion- it is very good to have different opinions - not a one size fits all. ( I only took 2 pairs of shoes , we are all very different and it is a good thing.) biggrin.gif

Ann

#22 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:40 AM

I have attached a copy of the EL "True Rewards" progrom for the New York and Las Vegas stores.

Ken

user posted image

#23 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:48 AM

Question for Ann or anyone who has the answer....Is the "True Reward" Program a combination total of what one purchases at both E.L. L.V. and Manhasset, or are there separate "True Rewards" from each store? blink.gif

Confused in PA....Not CA! laugh.gif

#24 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 12:22 PM

HI MICHELE......

PICTURES SUPER, VERY CLEAR, IS THAT THE SPHERE?....I DO LIKE THE LOOK OF IT.....

THANKS FOR POSTING THEM, I'M HANGING OVER MY P.C. EVERY DAY JUST WAITING FOR NEWS.

REGARDS......MARGARET....... smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

#25 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 12:44 PM

I was thinking the same thought as Michele because I am sure that the NY and Las Vegas stores do not share customer information.

I am also with Ann on the service of the employees, I will never stray from Shari at NM because she always goes above and beyond for me and that is more important than anything.

On the topic of whether or not Saks and NM will do something better for us the one thing that Saks is not doing anymore is the friend and family night where one could get 20% off anything in the whole store. sad.gif

#26 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 01:21 PM

Just checked with Micky- Lisa is right they do not share customer imfo, so it is per store .
Buy $1500 at LV= $300
Buy $1500 at NYC=$300.

Total $600 for $3000 spent and you don't have to use husband, spouse, sister etc.
for that much . Over I am sure you can figure out something. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ann

#27 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 02:33 PM

Thanks, Ann. That was a positive discussion with an easy solution for everyone. Love it when we can all work through a situation and get to a meeting of the minds where everyone benefits! wink.gif Well done....Another problem solved! biggrin.gif

#28 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:42 PM

Hi Margaret -

Thanks for the compliment! smile.gif And yes, that is the Sphere. Am not sure which designer did it...Strongwater, Leiber or Conte...or possibly someone else from EL. It's smaller than I anticipated, but then I expected something along the lines of the kind that hang from the ceiling of ballrooms! laugh.gif Probably a little large to hang around your neck unless one likes to roll along the floor. ohmy.gif However, it is quite sparkly and it seems to "bling" a lot. laugh.gif

I do have other photo's of the Collector's group at the Las Vegas Forum Shop, but will most likely send it on to Jack & Lisa as I do not know the names of everyone in the pictures. Only know that they are some of the nicest people I've met in a long, long time. smile.gif

Jack - Can you edit from a 3-1/2" floppy or should I burn it onto a CD? Let me know what to do and I'll get them on their way as fast as possible. Please bear in mind that I've never burned anything onto a CD so I must update my homeowners insurance first. Hopefully, you'll accept the floppy! ohmy.gif

Another late night....

'nite all.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................

#29 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:36 PM

Hi Michele,
Good job on the photos! laugh.gif The Strongwater's are elegant and the JL are cute. I love the kitty the best of the JL and all the Strongwater's ohmy.gif
The GD's are nice, but not outstanding.
Thanks for posting. I'm glad you survived the LV heat cool.gif
KK biggrin.gif

#30 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 06:21 AM

Thanks, KK. Heat? In Las Vegas? I didn't notice the heat. laugh.gif It was "dry" so guess that's why. However, I did find out my one bracelet was not 14K as it melted on my wrist.

Lisa - Great minds think alike! biggrin.gif

Have a great day....will check back in tonight. Must get some work done today. sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users