• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 02:15 PM

Have not been able to check in as my computer has been down. Just been reading very quickly some of the items, and am wondering if anything was said about the discolouration of the Stuart Weitzman shoes.

Mine have been turning yellow (although they are still very pretty)!

Love the Strongwater Solids! Going back to read now!

smile.gif

#32 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 03:22 PM

We gave them a list of all of the solids ( per this board) and photos of them turning .
They want time to work out the problems chemically .

If they can solve the problem on one it should be easy for the rest.

The only disagreement we have with them at this point is how to get the old ones exchanged for the new , improved ones. I personally am not wild about sending in the slot machine but would not mind the bubbly going in the mail. biggrin.gif

But we shall see.

Ann

#33 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 03:56 PM

Hi Lisa, sorry it wasn't you who got the Plum but someone was very very lucky!

#34 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 05:57 PM

I too would have a problem sending out my slot machine to replace the panels in fact I don't think I would take the chance of it being broken or lost in the mail. I would rather have EL send me the new panels and replace them myself.

As long as EL corrects the problem going forward I am not all that concerned with what went wrong in the past. Just my own opinion.

#35 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:55 AM

Great Report........many thanks!!

Mimi

#36 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 04:10 PM

Lisa and Jack,
Thanks for the photo of new EL/Neiman Marcus crystal powder compacts. I noticed them in the picture you took of the Jay Strongwater solids. Did you get to see all the new EL powder compacts?

#37 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:39 PM

Ann & Ken, Jack & Lisa, and Michelle,

Thanks so much for the great photos and reports. Barb, I noticed those compacts, too ... they're lovely.

#38 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 07:24 PM

Hi Martha and Barb -

We did see the lovely solid color powder compacts, but there was one floral compact I thought was lovely and couldn't resist photographing...here you go:

user posted image

The colors are very vivid...I really liked it. smile.gif

#39 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 07:52 PM

Yes, the compact above is very sparkly and pretty but also $325 ohmy.gif

Surprizingly the compacts by Erte were very elegant and I did like them in person very much.

They can be found under general solids talk the topic was 2004 powder compacts. wink.gif

#40 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:11 PM

Hi Lisa -

Had to go back 60 days to find the powders! Why do the most expensive ones always catch our eye first? huh.gif

Am trying to remember Sunday...were the Judith Leiber powders presented with the same arrangement as the Strongwater solids or did I have too much champagne? That was some really great juice! laugh.gif

#41 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 12:25 PM

Have been reading all the news! Thanks so much to you all for the input!

Well, the Strongwater solids are as I was told they would be. Fantastic! Agree with comments re the Judith Leiber solid designs. OK, OK will reserve final judgement until I see them all!

Meanwhile Lisa and Jack, Ann and Ken, Michele and, and ............appreciate all that has been written :

#42 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 12:43 AM

Michele,
Thanks for adding the photo of the powder compact. Jay Strongwater's solids are just amazing! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif I think it is going to be very easy to spend $1,500.00 on solids this year. Thanks Lisa, Jack, Michele, Ann and Ken for all the wonderful photos. They sold me on Jay's solids.

#43 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 03:42 AM

That powder compact was really something else, unfortunately so was the price as well. I am very curious about the Ert compacts, does anyone have the slightest bit of photo of any one of them?
Karin

#44 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 10:20 AM

Karin,

You can find them here:
2004 powder compacts wink.gif

#45 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 12:58 PM

Hi together!

With three days in New York, we closed our 14 day trip in the USA. We landed lucky (by all controls in the USA and the border in Switzerland) Friday, early in the morning in Zurich, without problems rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif The suit-cases are unpacked and the laundry in work. Im very surprised that we are not more tired, after all the changes of climates and the enorm time shift. It seems, as we would have found already again our rhythm.

After I read everything on the bord about the Convention, there is nothing remaining to ad on this. Like Lisa already said, I also can't express how great it was to put finally some names with faces, meeting members of this bord! So I like to thank once more Lisa and Jack for there/our board - thank you so much you both are realy wonderful!

Talking about wonderful people, we would like to thank naturally and primarily Ann and Ken for the beautiful, unforgettable time, which we had the luck to spent together cordial, tausend thanks for everything - it was unbelievably beautiful - you both know how we enjoyed and estimate it - you are just absolutely wonderful!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

..and at last, I like to thank Daniel Anise of Este Lauder. Because he took the time to talk and to listen at every individual Collector, in a very sympathetic way, he gave me the security back, that Este Lauder estimates us Collectors smile.gif smile.gif(despite everything!). The future will point out, whether my feeling deceives me! wink.gif wink.gif

smile.gif smile.gif Have all a wonderful Weekend!!! smile.gif smile.gif
smile.gif smile.gif Greetings from Switzerland smile.gif smile.gif

Liliane & Hans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users