• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 04:29 PM

Great update. Thanks for sharing with us. Can't wait for the photos.

#17 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 05:03 PM

Lisa, I can't believe you got a Plum for that price! What a steal! How many times can I say how jealous I am?????
You really made me feel like I was there thank you. At last it seems like EL are taking us seriously.
Way to go Lorraine, lucky you. I shall have to start saving. Can't wait to see the pictures too.

#18 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 05:21 PM

Nancy,

I only wish I was the one to get the plum for that price!!! It wasn't me. huh.gif

#19 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 05:30 PM

LISA....THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PICTURES AND INFORMATION, THAT NEON VEGAS SIGN HAS MY NAME ON IT

REGARDS......MARGARET....... smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

#20 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 06:49 PM

Lisa,
Did you take any photos in Las Vegas of Jay Strongwaters 2004 solids?

#21 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 07:14 PM

They only had three Strongwater's there and our photo did not come out very good. Maybe Lisa can scan the sheet and place it on the board.

Please note that the bird bath has changed from a hummingbird to three little birdies.

Ken

user posted image

#22 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:23 PM

The photo page is now online. Sorry it took so long!

The 2004 Compact Collector's Convention

#23 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:32 PM

Our Strongwater photos aren't too great either...here's what I have. All the solids weren't there, this was it. They were all amazing though!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#24 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:08 PM

Hi Jack,
Your photos are wonderful, thanks so much. biggrin.gif

Lisa,
What a great report! Well worth the wait. biggrin.gif

Ann,
Thanks so much for asking the "hard" ???. Sounds like something might happen with the "junk" on ebay.

I really enjoyed all the great photos and report.

THANKS
KK laugh.gif

#25 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 12:20 AM

Lisa and Jack,
Thanks for the update on the convention and all the wonderful pictures. The Jay Strongwater solids are really really nice. The birdbath is so impressive. I am going to have to start saving a lot of money. Last year I didn't buy any Strongwater solids and this year I think I'll have to get one of each!!!

#26 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 08:01 AM

Thanks for sharing all the pics with us. They are wonderful! I love the Strongwater solids and can't wait to see them in person.

Lisa, I'm glad I'm not the only one that packs numerous pairs of shoes for a trip. Sometimes I will pack a separate suitcase just for shoes. I can't wait to show my husband that pic.

It looks as though all of you had a wonderful time.

Jeanette smile.gif

#27 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 08:55 AM

Thank you very much for the reports and the pictures. It was really fun to see what you have been up to in Vegas!!! Needless to say, I am green with envy. Seeing all these gorgeous new solids nearly gotten my right off to the American Embassy here in Stockholm for an instant change of citizenship and immigration over to the USA. Well, hopefully some of them will turn up on e-Bay eventually. I am hopelessly in love with the Strongwater Birdbath.
Karin

#28 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:04 AM

Here are some of the topics that Mr. Anise spoke about at the convention this year:

Discoloration of plastic resin material
The magnet closures
Cosmetic Company stores
Warehouse sales
Limit on solid purchases
Damaged solids sold on eBay
Production runs
Labels on solids

One of the questions on the packet submitted by Ann & Ken noted the discoloration of the plastic resin material on the solids - particularly the slot machine and ice on the bubbly, Mr. Anise told us the company was looking into formulating a new material that would not discolor and collectors would be able to send back the slot machines for repairs of the discolored panels.

One of the collectors expressed they did not like the new magnet closures on the solids because the looser closure was allowing perfume to seep out. Mr. Anise made note of the issue and explained to us that EL felt the solids easier to open.

Another collector explained they were not able to purchase anymore solids at a CCS because they reached their "3 solids in a life time" limit. Mr. Anise seemed surprised at such a thing and told us that 3 solids in a life time was not the company's policy. He did touch on why limits are placed on EL products saying they are trying to keep the products from being sold in drug stores and flea markets, ect.

Mr. Anise also explained that the warehouse sale is for family and friends of people that work for the company and that basically the invited guests to this event should not be motivated by greed and should take the fantastic deals home for personal use.

Mr. Anise told all of us that the limit policy was going to be changed in the company so that collectors would not be "shut off" by the company.

The biggest issue of the night was by far the damaged solids on eBay. We were told the workers at the factory are smuggling the damaged solids out and that EL already has two names of the offenders and they will be dealt with by the company where the solids are produced.

A collector did ask the number of solids being produced each year and Mr. Anise told us that that information would not be released to the public as it is proprietary information.

Another collector asked about the labels on the solids and explained that with age they fall off. This collector asked for hang tags instead if labels and Mr. Anise made a note of it.

Another question was if the solids can be refilled and restored? Basically the short answer was "no" and I agree with that part of collecting is finding the MIB solid so what fun would it be if all the older solids had perfume in them and they all looked great.

That's I remember for now. I would like to thank Ann and Ken for the great idea of submitting questions to EL. They will let us know the final outcome as there were several other questions we just didn't have time for.

#29 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:56 AM

Thanks Lisa,

It did seem to go well doing it that way.

Met with Mr. Anise Sat. morning and we discussed several concerns and by Sat. evening dinner & talk he was well prepared to answer some of our questions . Questions taken from the floor while great , he was not as prepared to answer as well.
Having visual proof(photos) of our concerns was also VERY helpful. He could look at the offending items in private and have time to make a slide for the presentation to share with the others in the room that have the bad luck to not be a member of this board.

He did promise to be in touch to answer collectors questions , details to be worked out.

Ann

#30 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:02 AM

Hello Lisa and Jack,

what to say?
If you were not real we would have had to invent you!

Thanks, thanks

Charlotte

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users