• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 08:55 AM

I have been told this morning that Harrods will now be the only stockist of Estee Lauder Solids in the U.K.

Whereas we were able to purchase the Solids at various Departmental Stores throughout the country, this will no longer be possible.

If I hear any further details, will pass them on!

wink.gif

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:11 AM

What are the three Harrods solids this year?? I knew but it has totally slipped my mind- a letter box, a.................. HELP tongue.gif

#3 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:17 AM

Hi Lisa !
It is a letterbox, a crown and of course a new bear biggrin.gif
Brigitte told something about a Union Jack flag but it is maybe belonging to the crown.

Greetings !
Michaela

#4 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:20 AM

Right Michaela! Have just checked.

Pillar Box (very intricately done)

Crown (nothing like Strongwaters) with a Lion in the middle??

A bear with floppy ears and patterned jumper.

Michaela the Union Jack belongs to a new compact that they will have.

smile.gif

No prices as yet! ohmy.gif

#5 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 10:10 AM

Jacky -

I never heard of a "Pillar Box." Is that the same as a Mailbox?

As far as Harrod's being the only retailer of Estee Lauder compacts/solids, isn't that a little inconvenient for lots of folks? And unfair to other shoppes?

#6 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 11:15 AM

Hi Michele !
In good old england they have mailboxes looking very elegant on a stand or column - pillar - pile whats the right one. They don't look like the one in US.

Think I will like this one.

Michaela

#7 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 01:14 PM

Yes Michaela, it is a pillar-box and that is our mailbox Michele! It is bright red in colour and you pop the letters in the slashed opening. Dictionary describes it as a public postbox shaped like a pillar! That's my English lesson for today! wink.gif

Meanwhile, forgot to mention for our friends over on this side of the globe, that Harrods will also be stocking some display cases which E.L are designing. Apparantly they will hold approximately 20 solids!

Nancy that takes care of my private questions to you re display cases but will have to see what they are like and also the cost!!!!!!!!!!! sad.gif

Regarding your comment, Michele, about inconvenient to other folks, not everyone can travel to London that easily so I have no idea how this will operate!

#8 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 02:19 PM

IF HARRODS IS TO BE THE ONLY STOCKIST I WONDER HOW MANY CUSTOMERS E.L. WILL LOOSE.

NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME BECAUSE I RING UP AND THEY SEND, BUT A LOT OF PEOPLE JUST BUY ONE THAT THEY LIKE, ALL THOES SALES WILL BE LOST.

JACKY.....IF YOU SEE THE UNION JACK COMPACT WILL YOU LET ME KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE....." HOPE ITS BLINGY " laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

REGARDS.......MARGARET.......

#9 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 03:05 PM

Will do! Seems like the Pillar-box will be really nice, but.......I will reserve judgment until I have seen. Think the Harrods limited ones will be nicer than last years.

Margaret I am also wondering how this will work!? huh.gif

#10 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 06:43 PM

Jacky -

Are the "limited ones" the ones you've been talking about or are they something different?

Crown (nothing like Strongwaters) with a Lion in the middle??

Now...does the term "nothing like Strongwaters" mean:

A: Better than Strongwater's?
B: Worse than Strongwater's?
C: Totally different from Strongwater's?

Speak slowly and clearly...obviously I'm challenged.

There was something else, but I've forgotten what the question was. blink.gif

#11 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 07:21 PM

As I haven't seen the new Crown, I cannot say whether it is better. or totally different or what! I was told it is a different design from the Bejewelled Crown! So, we shall just have to wait and see rolleyes.gif

Now speaking slowly, clearly and precisely, the solids which are limited are normally the ones brought out by Harrods for Christmas. That would include the Bear, The Crown and the Pillar-Box.

The others which will come out, I have no idea about! I think perhaps the Union Jack Powder Compact will be a limited one i.e. 500, but, that will have to be clarified later!

Michele, I am not under the employ of Harrods! I only speak as I find! smile.gif smile.gif

The question which you have forgotten to ask, can wait until the morning! wink.gif zzzzzz

#12 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:31 PM

Jacky - Easy for you to say! wink.gif Find faster! tongue.gif But thanks for clarifying the "limited" question.

Has anyone seen Sandra? She's Missing in Action, I fear. ph34r.gif

#13 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:33 PM

Hi Margaret -

What does "Blingy" mean? blink.gif huh.gif blink.gif

#14 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 12:12 AM

These solids sound wonderful. How long do we have to wait for photos? unsure.gif
KK wub.gif biggrin.gif

#15 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 01:32 AM

What's stockist?

I love those mailboxes! I'm one of those wacky tourists who took pictures. laugh.gif My husband photographed me mailing a postcard. laugh.gif We took pictures of anything that looked distinctly English...red phone booths, double decker busses, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users