• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 09:32 AM

Anyone get their enchanted fairy solid? I noticed that two of them already sold on ebay, one for $265 and the other for $305. [Eek!]

[ September 09, 2002, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#2 EsteeMania

EsteeMania

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 12:42 PM

Hi Lisa - One of the Las Vegas sales ladies called me last week and I bought one. Should be here sometime this week. I think she said it was $125. I wish people would read your chat area and not get so RIPPED OFF!

#3 mostlyminis

mostlyminis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 06:34 PM

No, I don't have mine yet, and I assumed the fairy for sale on e-bay was last year's! I'll have to go see if there is still a picture up.

#4 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 06:48 PM

Here is one of the auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=2139078710

#5 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 03:24 PM

Hi Lisa,
I got my fairy today at Nordstrom's it was $125.00 plus tax.
It's very charming in person although the fairy from last year (IMHO) was better looking but then again that one did come from Saks.

p.s. While I was in the store the sales associate showed me "the book" with the pictures/sketches of all the solids and compacts.

Oh my goodness, have you seen the compacts this year for Saks and Neiman. I was blow away by the pictures so I'm sure they are amazing in person.

I can't start another collection so I politely asked the sales associate to close the book.

P.s. I'm thinking about selling my fairy on Ebay (LOL)

Cheers,
Colette

#6 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 06:04 PM

Colette, The Saks Fairy from last year was also $250 issue price. I have her and she is wonderful. Also what solid were you referring to the sold for $900 on Ebay. I did a search and could not find it. Lainey

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 10:38 AM

Colette was refering to the secret treasure necklace see post on " I found a bargain I think"
there is a link to the auction there. [Wink]

#8 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 04:57 PM

I just my enchanted fairy today. It is nice but I wonder how much a little more enameling would of increased the price and how much nicer it could have looked

#9 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 08:23 PM

Hi Ron,
You are so correct about the enchanted fairy. This morning,I placed her in my cabinet next to my Estee Lauder mermaid (still my favorite solid of all time) and it was sad. So I had to place her in a different location (LOL)
I have to get a life [Eek!]

Colette

#10 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 08:40 PM

One more thing about the Enchanted Fairy and then I'm done.
Did anyone who has one notice how the flower is different from Lisa's picture on this site under see new solids for 2002. I know this happens a lot but I just thought I would mention it. In Lisa's posted picture the fairy has a red flower with a crystal center. However, the Fairy that I purchased is holding a pink rose? Is this a conspiracy? [Mad]
Okay not such a big deal but I thought the flower would be red since I like red [Big Grin]
Also please advise if you have seen (in person) or purchased the solids from Saks. Is there just a picture frame or a picture frame with a picture of a woman on top of the solid with the books? I have seen it two ways in pictures and was just wondering.
Okay, I can now go back to reading my Wall Street Journal.

Colette

#11 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 10:56 PM

Colette,

The Saks solid has a picture frame that you can actually put your own picture in. Does that make sense?? [Confused] It's late and I just got home!!

#12 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 10:40 AM

[Eek!] Received the Saks Dragonfly and Prince Charming yesterday. They're both going back:( The Dragonfly is ok, but am not sure what's behind him...an onion? An avocado? Then there's Prince Charming. Not very charming at all. He IS a true frog, right down to the warts. Am sure collector's of Jay Strongwater will love both of these solids, but guess I'm just not into the artsy thing. Much prefer the standard, pretty solids.

Also sent back the Enchanted Fairy. She's just not so enchanting. Love the original, but this one looks like she's bowling. Plus, I do see a striking resemblance between the Poodle's face and hers, so I can't justify the money spent. Already have the poodle:)

These are just my own personal opinions. Am sure there are lots of you out there who will love them. Personally, I can't wait to get the Neiman's collection...all beautiful! [Wink]

Have a beautiful weekend! [Smile]

#13 EsteeMania

EsteeMania

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 12:15 PM

I agree...That is strange about that Sak's picture frame. I'll put my dog's picture in it. I think the fairy is okay but now that you mention it she does look like she is going for a strike [Razz]

#14 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 01:34 PM

Agree about the fairy!!!!
However if you put her in an enchanted garden with over hanging flowers , a unicorn in the forefrount being looked at by last years fairy and a glass dome over the whole thing, she is not to terrible. Oh, place the birdbath in the garden for good luck.
Ann

#15 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 01:49 PM

Ann & Ken,

Did you photograph this set up yet? I am sure we would all love to see it!! [Big Grin] Sounds great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users