• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 06:39 AM

Well, as the time gets closer I'm getting bluer and bluer. Wish I could be there to see you all and to experience the Compact Convention. This is the last year I am going to say 'next year' I will be there with bells on. (That's so everyone knows I'm coming and can stay clear. You'll need to get them for Angela and Lorraine too) laugh.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
laugh.gif I'm a laugh.gif bit like a chamelian (spelling) just now as I'm not just blue, but green with envy and red thinking of the heat. Not a pretty sight!
I hope you all have a fantastic time, sorry I can't be there too. Look out for Olwyn for me, she's looking for fruit and also collects limited edition perfume bottles.
Lisa, I hope you and Jack post lots of pictures like last year but not sure if that will make me feel better or worse!
Pancho, you are right we should subscribe to the Powder Puff magazine I'm going to do that asap. I have been saying for ages I don't collect compacts, it's my friend who collects them. I'm not going down that road. But....I guess I now have to admit to having 'one or two' so should put my hand up and admit I AM A COLLECTOR! unsure.gif Heck, that means more money going out, can I never retire????? (Hubby says no way! Never!!!!)
Have a really fun time, and....no fighting now.

#32 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 10:03 PM

Hello everyone. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

It was fantastic to meet Ann & Ken after all this time talking on the board. I love their house and naturally the wonderful displays - I have learned a great deal about where to buy things to use. In Europe we do not have stores to buy things like that. Here I see on each corner "stuff" as Ann calls it to display solids.
I will make sure I will take "stuff " back home with me - I mean - poor Ann has to mail it. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ann & Ken took us also to New Orleans - we had great food, listened to hot Jazz and had a lot of fun in the museum " Believe It Or Not ". Ann tells me that it is great culture that museum. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

We are leaving tomorrow for Las Vegas - for more great adventure. cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

Best regards from Baton Rouge.

Liliane & Hans

#33 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 07:51 AM

Hi Liliane,

It sounds like you and Hans are having a wonderful time with Ann & Ken in Louisiana.

If you want more "culture" while in Vegas, go to the Guinness Book of World Records museum laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hope all of you enjoy Vegas and that you find (or should I say "buy") lots of solids!!!

Jeanette smile.gif

#34 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 08:46 AM

Liliane,

So looking forward to meeting both you and Hans in person as well as seeing Ann & Ken and everyone else!! Glad to hear you are all having a wonderful time.

Come on Friday!! laugh.gif

#35 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 02:10 PM

You see what I mean? They're not even there yet and they're having fun!!!!!
It's not fair. mad.gif

I am so very very jealous.

#36 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 02:18 PM

Me too, Nancy! sad.gif I wish we could be there to join in on all of the fun they're having and will have. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Jeanette smile.gif

#37 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 04:48 PM

Well, now it's my turn to cry!! sad.gif sad.gif I would LOVE to be with all of you and HUG each and everyone. I will look forward to your posts. Just remember, if I were there I would sing to you. La...La...La... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Ann, Ken, Liliane and Hans.......Many Hugs to You......I will miss all the fun and learning. Can't wait to get your reports!!

Love Love wub.gif wub.gif From Your Texas Buddy

Mimi

#38 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 06:17 PM

Liliane,

Enjoyed reading your post very much and can't wait to see photos of your new "stuff" in your displays.

#39 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 09:40 AM

Dear All
Can't wait to see the photo's and hear the tales!
I've just got back from Cape Cod, and just wish I'd had time to fly over to Vegas too sad.gif
No chance of getting too hot in Cape Cod, it was very wet and very cold...
Loved the competition on the solids in jar, what a great idea.
Well, enjoy the convention and remember to tell all!!!!
Maggie cool.gif

#40 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 09:17 PM

I'm with you Maggie, I can't wait for the report and the photos laugh.gif
KK biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users