• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:23 AM

Don't worry, Lisa. We'll be there to help Jack block for you. That evens it out a little! We can handle it but you have to be quick! wink.gif

Nancy...are your legs all better? huh.gif Still can't believe I bought that! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#17 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:48 PM

CAN I WISH EVERYONE WHO IS GOING TO LAS VEGAS HAPPY SOLID AND COMPACT HUNTING, I'M SURE YOU WILL HAVE A HAPPY TIME, I ONLY WISH I WAS GOING, BUT I HAVE TO WAIT TILL OCTOBER FOR MY TRIP.

IF YOU SEE A FUZZY CLOUD WITH MINNI MOUSE LEGS AND BIG FEET WALKING DOWN THE STRIP, THATS MY SPIRIT, I LEAVE IT BEHIND EVERY TIME I HAVE TO COME HOME laugh.gif laugh.gif

HAVE A SUPER TIME.....MARGARET.....

VIVA LAS VEGAS wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

#18 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 03:48 PM

Michele, sorry you have lost me, my legs! I don't follow - well without legs I couldn't. What did I miss??? rolleyes.gif

#19 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:38 PM

I believe it was Christmas, Nancy. You were in New York...said you had the flu...and 2 broken legs...and I felt so terribly sorry for you and your husband. Had this vision of him dragging you from shop to shop....you had me a wreck! laugh.gif

Thankfully, you've recovered, and corrected the original email...it was SO funny!

#20 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 05:01 PM

Aha! got you Michele. To let you understand, my husband is more likely to drag me from the shops but not to them!
About Vegas, there is a lady who works in London but is from Yorkshire, by the name of Olwyn who is going. If you see her can you make her welcome? (I know you will anyway). She is on the look-out for fruit solids.

#21 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:50 PM

I am blue, our plans to get to the convention changed, Anyone looking for a job? Maybe next year. I hopy you all have a great time and take lots of pictures to share. Lainey

#22 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 06:49 AM

Hi Nancy -

Will more than likely meet up with her, and will be most happy to help her in her search! If there is anything in particular you are looking for, let me know and I'll keep my eyes open...or at least I'll try! rolleyes.gif

Lainey - Hopefully Lisa and Jack will post photo's (time permitting) on a regular basis, so you can keep up with what's going on! smile.gif Last year I did not go, and their updates made me feel much better, so I'm sure this year will be the same. (That's a lot of work...especially when you're trying to get around Las Vegas at the same time! I was very impressed.) biggrin.gif

#23 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 07:44 AM

Our great Las Vegas adventure starts today. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Liliane and company will arrive in New Orleans and if we can get her out of Customs (The box she sent ahead of time spent a week in customs and that is a whole different story for later, much later . Hint - FDA considers solids/ cosmetics as drugs) we will wisk her off for a remarkable stay in the hot, humid (moldy) city by the river, Baton Rouge.

Good thing she is bringing Michele's Dusty Fairy , after weeks of dusting solids to prepare for this major event the dust bunnies under the bed are in great need of attention . laugh.gif

Our plan is to spend the next few days sunning by the pool, SHOPPING, and eating the wonderful ( have Tums will travel) cusine. Then Wed. we are off to Vegas for more pool sunning, shopping and looking for food. laugh.gif laugh.gif

All we have left to do( been packed for months) is to remember to pick them up at the airport, but not to worry, Ken made a honey do list. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ann & Ken

#24 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:50 AM

Hi Ann and Ken !
Send Liliane warmth greetings from me and I hope you all have a great time in Vegas.
I can only sitting in my garden at the moment - no pool sad.gif - but great weather and holidays on monday laugh.gif .

Greetings !
Michaela

#25 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(Ann and Ken @ May 29 2004, 07:57 AM)
( been packed for months)

Oh Ann & Ken,

You may need a very big iron for all the wrinkles in your clothes- or sounds like you may only need one outfit with black and white stripes. laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Here is the forcast starting for your adventure on Wednesday:

Jun 02 Mostly Sunny 100?/72?
Jun 03 Sunny 102?/73?
Jun 04 Sunny 103?/75?
Jun 05 Sunny 102?/72?
Jun 06 Sunny 102?/72?
Jun 07 Sunny 102?/73?

Phew, it going to be hot and dry!!

#26 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 10:18 AM

Ann and Ken -

So glad to hear Lilianne is here...with my Dust Fairy. Don't overwork her...she's been relaxing and has to ease into work! Oh...I see she got there ahead of time...beat out the crowds!

user posted image

I thought they automatically served Tums/Rolaids with your meal down there...sort of an After-Dinner Mint thing with a twist. laugh.gif

When getting Liliane's solids out of the country, just label them "Ladies Vanity Items." As soon as Customs sees the word "compact" they think drugs. I forget why...where is Karen when I need her?

On the other hand, if things go wrong, perhaps you'll both get to meet Martha Stewart! laugh.gif

Have lots of fun...keep the cats away from my Dust Fairy!!! huh.gif

Oh dear...that weather report doesn't look too perky. 3 digit temps? Not exactly jogging climate! ohmy.gif We'll just have to stay inside a lot...that's do-able!

#27 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 11:49 AM

But it is a dry heat. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ann

#28 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 02:52 PM

a.

#29 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 02:56 PM

biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#30 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 12:28 AM

I hear you Ann. I will take the dry heat any day. I know the misery of the Luzianna summers. tongue.gif blink.gif sad.gif
I'm so pleased to hear you have Liliane. You all will have a great time in the FQ & the Customs House. I hope it's air conditioned.

Hey, Liliane have a wonderful time! I'm so sad I won't get to meet you. sad.gif

Y'all have fun now, ya hear! tongue.gif ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

KK wub.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users