• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 06:29 PM

I got all my general distribution solids today although my store didn't get the sand castle so I had to go to another store to track it down.

Here is what I think of them (just my opinion)

I like the cameo although I would love to see one done on a black or deep green background, something like marble.
Love the dog in wash tub very cute!
I 'm not too crazy about the Pegasus, I don't really care for the all gold solids. I miss the enameling.
Same for the sand castle, I thought it would look "sandy" kind of like the pebbles in the cactus pot. I do like the design.

Overall I am still on love with all of them!

What do you all think of them?

#2 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 11:17 PM

I like the puppy the best. It will go great with the other Lauder dogs. I'll purchase it later. [Smile]

Honestly, I can't tell the difference between most of the cameos. I wish they would create different scenes more often---such as Greek mythology, flowers (orchids), lady walking a dog, cat's profile, married couple (like on a cake topper), etc. Also, I prefer a background with different color and/or texture. That would be sweet. [Wink]

Pegasus looks too similar to the Unicorn, which I received last year. Sand castle is interesting, but doesn't fit in my collection. I'm not buying these because there are too many other beautiful solids this year (such as the Saks ones). And, can't buy them all. [Frown]

#3 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 02:08 PM

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to write about the full distribution solids for a month but wasn't able to get in because I forgot my log-in [Razz] Finally has time to e-mail Lisa to get it [Smile]
Anyway, the full distribution solids in my opinion are just not that good anymore.

Let's start with the pegasus it's just last year's unicorn re-done [Big Grin] not very interesting unless you collect them (Pegasus) and not well made at all. Even my 12 year old niece thought it looked crazy with the way they made the tail (Come on Estee Lauder are all the good designers just working on the more expensive solids for Sak's and Neiman?) DIDN'T BUY THIS ONE!

Sand castle I got this one only because it fits with my other red and gold full distribution soilds from a couple of years ago. [Eek!] It's not that bad but could have been better.

Dog in Tub (oh my) what is this? what is the stuff that is supposed to be bubbles? Maybe the store that I went to [Macy's in Lakewood, CA] had a bad lot but the bubble stuff was coming out of all of the tubs? Also I just think it doesn't look that good, too small also (DIDN'T BUY THIS ONE)

Last, the cameo, as Lisa mentioned Estee we need another design please! There just wasn't any thought to this one besides "just make another cameo like all the rest just so we can have something for 2002" Again I ask what were they thinking? [Frown]
P.s. I did buy this one because I love cameos but it was in protest [Big Grin]

Overall grade C- for the 2002 full distribution solids. However, I would give the Neiman and Sak's solids a solid B, (no pun intented) okay A+ for the Strongwater ones---simple beautiful!!!

I have read several of the last posts and I also wonder does Estee Lauder really care about what we think?

When I purchased my solids I spoke with the counter manager and she assured me that she would pass my disppointment on to her boss. All we can do is wait until next year and hope that they are better.

One more thing: I have not purchased any of the new solids from Sak's or Neiman I just can't do it. So if anyone wants to donate the showgirl from Vegas, a dragonfly from Sak's or the matador and spanish dancer from Neiman to a good cause (me) you know where you can find me---I'll be the lady playing with my old Estee Lauder solids [Wink] [Wink]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users